Starring Mandy

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:*storms in*
:lol:

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Because you keep meeting
unworthy people?
Or perhaps because I maybe I love more deeply than most? When I love someone I love them with my entire heart. And it seems those I love always let me down. Sometimes I feel like closing my heart and never ever loving again. I would if it wasnt for God who loves me always no matter what.
One cannot promise to feel a
certain way forever. One can only
promise to force themselves to
remain in a situation as long as they
can stand it. That does not sound
wise, pleasant or God-designed.
But love is not a feeling. Love is a choice. And true love last forever. When you choose to love uncomditionally the feelings will be there but love is not solely based on feelings. Marriage is not God-designed and temporary romantic flings with multiple people is? O.o
How do they drive you nuts? Kids
are the result of their parents. TAKE
HEED.
They are rowdy and noisy and do not listen very well...
Do you think your parents did a
good job raising your youngest
siblings? Do you want to model your
parenting after theirs?
Uh...not the best. They are good parents; I dont know why my siblings are so disobedient. :x
Not entirely.
Who is your
favorite actress?
Robbie Bruce or Aria Curzon.
Did you play
dress-up as a kid, ever, or is that just not something YOU PEOPLE do?
Yes we did actually. I have pictures of my siblings and I playing dress up. I was supposed to be an elephant with a long piece of toilet paper taped to my nose. :lol: And I have pictures of me with my friends when I was 11. We were all dressed up and I was supposed to be a bride with a white dress and a veil and everything. ;)
What is your most prized possession?
I dont have many valuable possessions. I probably like my phone or my journal best of all my things...
Do you carry hard
drives around in your purse like Countess?
No. :twisted:
Tell us about a talent of yours.
I dont know what my talents are. I mean I am decently musical and I can write somewhat. But I dont think I really have many talents.
Do you like french fries
crispy or soft?
Soft.
Is there a song that
fits your life story as a whole?
Not that I know of. If there was it would be a depressing song about pain and broken hearts.
What
kind of shoes do you wear?
It depends. I mostly wear flip flops in the summer but I have a pair of Avia tennis shoes, a pair of boots and a pair of Sunday shoes...
What is
something you learned about
yourself recently, that has nothing to do with love?
I learned yesterday that even when I spent a whole day playing hockey (one of my favorite things to do!) with some of my good friends who I rarely get to see, even then I couldnt get my mind off someone I love... Oh wait something that has nothing to do with love? :P Well I have learned that I really know very little about life. If I once said life was beautiful... I knew nothing.

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:When I love someone I love them with my entire heart. And it seems those I love always let me down. Sometimes I feel like closing my heart and never ever loving again.
Everyone goes through that, you'll get through it. Someday someone will love you that much and you won't care for them the same way, and you'll break their heart the way yours has been broken, without meaning to. 'Tis a cycle. You just need to learn to not throw yourself at someone whose feelings are unequal to yours, or whose intentions do not line up with yours.
Mandy wrote:love is not a feeling.
When you choose to love uncomditionally the feelings will be there
You are contradicting yourself.
Mandy wrote:But love is not a feeling. Love is a choice.
I disagree completely, anything that is a choice is made with the head, not the heart, and that's not love, or romance, to me.
Mandy wrote:Marriage is not God-designed and temporary romantic flings with multiple people is? O.o
Who said anything about temporary romantic flings with multiple people? In any event, no, of course that wouldn't be God-designed either. Because God doesn't exist to design anything. :twisted:
Mandy wrote:I dont know what my talents are. I mean I am decently musical and I can write somewhat. But I dont think I really have many talents.
Gee it sounds like your parents are so encouraging and uplifting. Mine were always harping on how talented and special I was. What's wrong with yours? :evil:
Mandy wrote:I mostly wear flip flops in the summer
ERMAGERSH, DAT ANKLE.

Do you ever wonder why God doesn't send down updated versions of the Bible that don't need people to go through college and learn Greek to decipher its TRUE meaning? Did you ever wonder why the Bible is so complicated it takes pastors breaking it down sentence by sentence to make it "relatable" to the masses? Did you ever wonder why miracles don't happen like they supposedly used to, in Bible times? Did you ever wonder why the Old Testament is there at all, if the New Testament is the only one we're supposed to model ourselves after and all the rules and regulations of the old are utterly pointless and to be ignored? DID YOU EXPECT THIS LINE OF QUESTIONING TODAY?! :mrgreen:

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Everyone goes through that, you'll
get through it. Someday someone
will love you that much and you
won't care for them the same way,
and you'll break their heart the way
yours has been broken, without meaning to. 'Tis a cycle. You just
need to learn to not throw yourself
at someone whose feelings are
unequal to yours, or whose
intentions do not line up with yours.
Its not that simple. Sometimes someone you love very much may lead you to believe that they love you even more than you love them... I dont believe love is worth all the pain it can cause.
You are contradicting yourself.
Sorry I wasnt meaning to. I was merely attemting to point out that true love can not be solely based on feelings which are apt to change at any moment.
I disagree completely, anything that
is a choice is made with the head,
not the heart, and that's not love, or
romance, to me.
When you are drawn to someone you can choose to love or not to love... One never makes decisions with the heart? If love is merely a feeling then its VERY unstable.
Who said anything about temporary
romantic flings with multiple people?
In any event, no, of course that
wouldn't be God-designed either.
Because God doesn't exist to design anything.
Well you dont believe in marriage or love that lasts forever...
Thats what you think... I believe different.
Gee it sounds like your parents are
so encouraging and uplifting. Mine
were always harping on how
talented and special I was. What's wrong with yours?
What does this have to do with my parents? Them complimenting me wouldnt make me any more or less talented.

Aaaannnnd I will answer the rest of your questions later... They are going to take a bit of thought.

I should beware of her.

Helios
Butter Pecan

You like Robbie Bruce? O.o

Have you listened to Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri? That might be your life song. ;)

Personally, I think my song for you would be Stand in the Rain by Superchic. If there was a song about violets, I would pick that one, too. ;)

When you are upset, does a hug make you feel better?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Helios wrote:You like Robbie Bruce? O.o

Have you listened to Jar of Hearts by Christina Perri? That might be your life song. ;)

Personally, I think my song for you would be Stand in the Rain by Superchic. If there was a song about violets, I would pick that one, too. ;)

When you are upset, does a hug make you feel better?
He's CUTE! ;)

I looked up Jar of Hearts. I definitely can identify to some extent but I dont like that song and I certainly dont want it to be my life song!

Now I loved Stand in the Rain. It would be perfect if it had God in it. I mean He is the only reason I can keep standing. I wouldnt have been able to make it if it wasnt for Him.

Totally but the only time I get hugs is from my parents when they tell me goodnight...

I should beware of her.

Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Does this mean your back on SS?!

What's your favorite subject in school?

What did you want to be when you were little?
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Bethany Shepard wrote:Does this mean your back on SS?!

What's your favorite subject in school?

What did you want to be when you were little?
I guess. Somewhat at least. How can I stay away when HELIOS has returned? :P

History.

Well it depends on how little I was. When I was real young I didnt know what I wanted to be I just was sure I would NEVER get married cuz it was GROSS. :lol: But then I changed my mind at 11 or so. So I wanted to get married and raise a family... But I have had a lot of other dreams too. I love to write, play the piano and sing and I have always had dreams for those things... I dont really know that I ever had decided what I wanted to do exactly tho.

And btw Helios while looking up that song Stand in the Rain I found Beauty from Pain... I think that would be a good life song for me. :yes: I dont particularly like the singer...

I should beware of her.

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

YAY! Another convert! =) Welcome Mandy. :mrgreen:

What's wrong with Helios?

Do you often have awkward moments?

Do you ever play a glissando when you are done playing piano, just to end with a bang? xD
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What do you think about being one of the "Saints" of the SS according to PF?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Isaiah the Ox wrote:YAY! Another convert! =) Welcome Mandy. :mrgreen:

What's wrong with Helios?

Do you often have awkward moments?

Do you ever play a glissando when you are done playing piano, just to end with a bang? xD
Haha actually it was MF that changed the name of my thread. She got my permission first of course but I probably wouldnt have done it myself. :P

Sometimes but not extremely often. It depends I guess.

Yeah! :D If I am in a frustrated mood I especially love to bang around on the piano. I often play my feelings out on the piano.
Miss Friendship wrote:What do you think about being one of the "Saints" of the SS according to PF?
I feel unworthy. :lol: I mean where would he get that idea? O.o

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why did you skip one of Ox's questions? O.o

What time do you normally go to bed each night?

Favorite kind of soda? (I don't know this o___0)
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:Why did you skip one of Ox's questions? O.o

What time do you normally go to bed each night?

Favorite kind of soda? (I don't know this o___0)
Oops I didnt mean to.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's wrong with Helios?
Whats wrong with Helios is that she was born with an unusual ammount of awesomeness. :mrgreen:

I usually go to bed somewhere between 10 and 11 pm.

Mountain Dew.

I should beware of her.

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Mountain Dew? Ugh

Favorite kind of expensive drink?

Do you ever want to try wine sometime?

Mandy
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:Mountain Dew? Ugh

Favorite kind of expensive drink?

Do you ever want to try wine sometime?
Why dont you like Mountain Dew? O.o

Anything coffee based. ;) But it is so rare that I get anything like that...

I actually have tried a swallow once and that was ENOUGH for me! It tasted even worse than it smelled. Ugh.

I should beware of her.

sing
Raspberry Ripple

You like superchick songs?!! Has countess disowned you as a friend yet? (i'm just kidding I hope you know that!) I love both stand in the rain, and beauty from pain.

How do you deal with stress? anxiety? What would you do if your life was suddenly turned upside down in only a few short months?

Ok those questions were kinda melodramatic.... Sorry

What do you do when you have a giant secret but you can't tell it?

Have you ever read through the bible? How long did it take you?

What was the last thing you sewed?

Of course, all boys have cooties, so I avoid like them like the plague. -Helios

Music is life, that's why our hearts have beats
Dom
Cookies & Creme

Mandy wrote:I dont believe love is worth all the pain it can cause.
It can feel that way, but I believe it is worth it.
Mandy wrote:When you are drawn to someone you can choose to love or not to love... One never makes decisions with the heart?
I disagree. I don't think anyone can help falling in love. If you can stop it, then it ain't love. :wacky:
Mandy wrote:you dont believe in marriage or love that lasts forever...
I don't believe in marriage. I doubt that love can last forever. I have yet to see it in my experience. And I don't mean personal relationships, I mean in my experiences with everyone around me. I've not seen it. But...maybe it can happen. It would be nice if it could. Sometimes I feel like it might be possible. But I would never be so foolish as to promise to love someone forever (anymore). If I happen to, then great. But I don't make promises I can't guarantee I can keep.
Mandy wrote:What does this have to do with my parents? Them complimenting me wouldnt make me any more or less talented.
That is true, but you seem to have horrific self-esteem and that typically leads straight back to the parents. Which is really sad.

You said you were gonna think about the other questions?

Did you learn anything from the first time your heart was broken? Besides "never fall in love again"? :P Because that doesn't count. Ahem. Did you help anyone this past week? What was the best part of your day, today? If you had to dye your hair neon, INCLUDING YOUR EYEBROWS, what color would you choose? :twisted: Do you have any allergies? When is the last time you went to see a doctor? What is something we would be surprised to learn about you?

Dom
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

sing wrote:You like superchick songs?!! Has countess disowned you as a friend yet? (i'm just kidding I hope you know that!) I love both stand in the rain, and beauty from pain.

How do you deal with stress? anxiety? What would you do if your life was suddenly turned upside down in only a few short months?

Ok those questions were kinda melodramatic.... Sorry

What do you do when you have a giant secret but you can't tell it?

Have you ever read through the bible? How long did it take you?

What was the last thing you sewed?
Well Helios mentioned Stand in the Rain and so I looked it up. I liked it. Actually I have been starting to listen to a wider variety of music lately. Haha no she hasnt disowned me. I think she maybe is a bit more worldly than I anyway. ;)

WOW. O.o Have you been somehow stalking the events of my life lately? :P Your questions...

Well some of the things I try to do are pray, write in my journal, play the piano etc. But lately I have just curled up on the couch and tried to breathe deeply and just survive the moment. *shrugs*

My life has kinda turned upside down in a few short months. I look to Jesus and trust Him to help me keep going.

I just hope nosy little sisters will not poke their noses too far into my business and find out the giant secrets. :P

I have just always skipped around in my Bible reading but this year I am trying to read through the whole Bible.

Um I think the last thing I sewed were the 2 dresses I made for myself before YBS.

I should beware of her.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

YOU LISTEN TO SECULAR MUSIC?!!!! :mad:

Would you rather lose hearing or vision?

If you could have the final answer on one religous matter, what?
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

SirWhit wrote:YOU LISTEN TO SECULAR MUSIC?!!!! :mad:

Would you rather lose hearing or vision?

If you could have the final answer on one religous matter, what?
Not often but very ocassionally, yes.

Hearing. Much as I'd hate to never hear music again, I would by far rather have sight.

I dont know. There's so many things I wish I knew. I wish I knew if everything, all the outward things, all the little things in my culture are really that important...

And Dom, I will answer all your questions including the older ones about the Bible and such once I am on a computer.

I should beware of her.