Studio 36, With TigerShadow

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

If you were a perfume, what would you smell like?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:What do you do when you are bored?
I'd love to say "I'm NEVER bored in this world full of inspiration" or something equally profound, but in the interest of not being incinerated by lightning by a God who hates lying :P , I'm usually to be found on my laptop or phone when I'm bored. Even when things aren't happening, I'll just refresh a page or something like "INTERNET. ENTERTAIN ME Image".
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you enjoy eating and reading at the same time?
Not really; I've found that a book is ungainly while eating and I don't want to run the risk of slopping food all over the book.
Miss Friendship wrote:How long does it take you normally to read a book?
Depends on how long it is and why I'm reading it. If I'm really absorbed in a 300-page book, it takes me about two-and-a-half to three hours to read it; if I'm being forced to read a 100-page book, it can take me ages.
Miss Friendship wrote:Have you ever watched a house burn down? #random
Unless you count Luke Skywalker's house on Tatooine getting blown to bits in Star Wars, then no, I haven't. :P
Dom wrote:Do you like poetry?
Sometimes, especially if it's really quirky.
Dom wrote:Are you an efficient person?
When I put my mind to it. I'm a pretty good multitasker, and I like to make sure that people are doing their jobs correctly.
Dom wrote:Are you patient?
Haha, no. I always have to have something to do.
Dom wrote:What is your favorite snack?
Chocolate ice cream of all kinds. A close second would be cherry tomatoes, or maybe Cheez-Its.
Dom wrote:Is there anything in your past that you regret doing?
Snapping at a kid who said something stupid.
Dom wrote:Tell us about your best friend.
She's awesome. =D She's really goofy, loud, and energetic, and underneath her Southern white exterior lies a huge fandom geek (especially anime). Her frenetic, disorganized, #YOLO personality provides a pretty hilarious contrast to my logical, neurotic, reserved sensibilities, but she also provides a very down-to-earth counterpoint to my fits of hammy insanity. Whenever we're in a room together, we make an impression...positive or otherwise. \:D/
Dom wrote:What was the last thing you ate?
A mozzarella cheese stick, with some lemonade to wash it down.
Dom wrote:Do you like Christmas decorations?
Yes! I love the bright colors of the lights, and how when I'm in my living room with the tree up and all the lights off except the ones on the tree, they make this really soft, warm, welcoming glow that always reminds me of Christmas. I like watching people get creative, and seeing some of the videos online of people timing their lights to music. It used to be a family tradition for us to go out into some of the neighborhoods around my town and see their decorations.

(Although I don't like them too bright; my grandma has a neighbor who uses those super-bright LED lights that have basically seared my corneas off my eyeballs before, and they're in this tangled-up mismatch all over their fence, so it's almost impossible not to be blinded as we're turning onto my grandma's street if we're getting there at night.)
Dom wrote:Would you like to have a house covered with ivy?
Probably not. It sounds romantic and mysterious, but I think I'd end up getting irritated with the house not looking *~pristine and immaculate~*
Belle wrote:If you were a perfume, what would you smell like?
Probably something fruity—not too sweet, but not too tangy, either. Maybe peaches or strawberries, or some kind of berry/tangerine cross. I'd want to smell pretty bold.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Dom
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:I like to make sure that people are doing their jobs correctly.
haha I love that, too. But mostly WHEN they're doing them correctly. I love a smoothly-running machine, as it were. I hate managing unruly people. I love training fresh, eager minds. \:D/
TigerShadow wrote:lemonade to wash it down.
Have you ever had this before? It's SO TANGY. :wacky: http://www.triber.today/image/cache/dat ... 00x600.jpg
TigerShadow wrote:when I'm in my living room with the tree up and all the lights off except the ones on the tree, they make this really soft, warm, welcoming glow
:yes: :yes: :yes: That was always my favorite part about Christmas. *sniff*

Did you ever have Christmas lights that "sang"? We had musical ones that played stuff and the lights blinked along. :wacky: If you could decorate a house with Christmas lights, what would you do? Do you like traditional red and green for Christmas, or something else? Are you looking forward to spring? What kind of cars do you like? Are you a private person? Would you hug a stranger if they asked you to? Do you buy people birthday cards? When is the last time you held a door open for someone? Do you have a secret obsession you don't tell people about? :twisted:

Dom
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

What do you think of Helen Keller?

Opinion of Christopher Columbus?

Did you notice any big changes between the history you were taught in high school, and history taught in college? (If you've taken history classes....)

What's a cool/interesting and obscure fact from history that you would love to share?

Link me to... WAIT WAIT, you don't answer non-questions :roll:.... *starts over* What's the funniest parody/video you've seen on Youtube? Will you share a link? \:D/
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Dom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:I like to make sure that people are doing their jobs correctly.
haha I love that, too. But mostly WHEN they're doing them correctly. I love a smoothly-running machine, as it were. I hate managing unruly people. I love training fresh, eager minds. \:D/
You speak the truth. NO ONE BACK-SASSES ME. :x
Dom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:lemonade to wash it down.
Have you ever had this before? It's SO TANGY. :wacky: http://www.triber.today/image/cache/dat ... 00x600.jpg
No, I don't think I have. I have, however, had Chick-fil-A lemonade, which is deliciously sour and tangy.
Dom wrote:If you could decorate a house with Christmas lights, what would you do?
I would make a model of Hogwarts and have the lights timed to Hedwig's Theme. \:D/
Dom wrote:Do you like traditional red and green for Christmas, or something else?
I'm not big on green; I actually prefer deep red and glittery gold as Christmas colors.
Dom wrote:Are you looking forward to spring?
YES I AM. Everything will be pretty and the air will be warm again. :inlove:
Dom wrote:What kind of cars do you like?
Efficient ones that work. ;) I don't have my own car, so I'm not sure what I'd specifically be looking for. Hopefully, though, I'll find one that I can modify and turn into a jet. \:D/
Dom wrote:Are you a private person?
Yep. I don't like to share the stuff I'm really interested in, like my fandoms, unless I know I'm with someone who's into that kind of thing. And even then, there's stuff that I don't usually share with close friends because it's kind of weird and I don't have the time or inclination to explain it. I'm also not very physically affectionate with people; you have to basically be my mom or my cat for me to willingly hug you. :P
Dom wrote:Would you hug a stranger if they asked you to?
No, but I'd try to refuse politely.
Dom wrote:Do you buy people birthday cards?
I don't celebrate many birthdays outside of my family, but I do try to get something for them; sometimes it's a card and sometimes it's an actual physical gift. I usually end up forgetting birthdays, though, because they're not really a big deal in my family. That's not to say that we don't celebrate them, because we do, but there's never been a big push to buy stuff unless we know that there's something that the person really wants.
Dom wrote:When is the last time you held a door open for someone?
Yesterday, as it was the last time that I was out in public.
Do you have a secret obsession you don't tell people about? :twisted:

Yeah—Trandy. ;) Hey, it's their loss that they wouldn't be able to understand the best couple in all of AIO.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What do you think of Helen Keller?
I'd say she's pretty admirable for surmounting major disabilities.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Opinion of Christopher Columbus?
He was greedy, selfish, and cruel, using human beings purely for his own advantage, mutilating and gleefully murdering those who would not acquiesce to his unreasonable demands, and even allowing and promoting the sexual enslavement of girls as young as nine and ten. Why we have a holiday for this piece of human garbage and not literally just about any other historical figure is beyond me.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Did you notice any big changes between the history you were taught in high school, and history taught in college? (If you've taken history classes....)
I haven't taken any, actually; I tested out of history classes with my scores on the APUSH and AP Government exams.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's a cool/interesting and obscure fact from history that you would love to share?
Well, there's the story of Tecumseh's Curse. As he was dying in the Battle of Tippecanoe in 1811, Tecumseh is said to have told William Henry Harrison, who defeated him, that he would be the leader of America, but that he would also die while holding the position, and so would everyone after him who was elected in a year ending in zero—roughly a twenty-year cycle. Years later, in 1840, Harrison was elected to the Presidency; a month after being sworn into office, he died of illness. In 1860, Abraham Lincoln was elected, and in 1865, he was famously assassinated while attending a play and died in office. In 1880, James Garfield was elected, and in 1881, he was assassinated and died in office. In 1900, William McKinley was re-elected, and in 1901, he was assassinated and died in office. In 1920, Warren G. Harding was elected, and in 1923 he died in office of a cerebral hemorrhage. In 1940, FDR was elected for the third time, and in 1945 he succumbed to polio and died in office. In 1960, JFK was elected, and in 1963 he was assassinated and died in office.

Finally, Ronald Reagan, elected in 1980, broke the cycle. In 1981, he, along with his press secretary, a police officer, and a Secret Service agent were fired upon by John Hinkley, Jr. outside the Washington Hilton Hotel; a bullet struck him, and although he was close to death, he underwent emergency surgery and survived. (He quipped to the surgeon operating on him that "I hope you're a Republican"; the surgeon—who, incidentally, was apparently a Democrat—replied, "Today, Mr. President, we're all Republicans". When his wife came into the emergency room, he remarked, "Honey, I forgot to duck".)

The real clincher for this assassination attempt is that in most other cases of presidential assassinations, the assailant was in some way politically motivated. John Wilkes Booth was angry at Lincoln's interference in the Southern slave system, Charles Guiteau wanted Stalwart Vice President Chester Arthur in office rather than Garfield, and Leon Czolgolz was an anarchist who was convinced that McKinley was a symbol of oppression; Lee Harvey Oswald's motive for shooting JFK has never been determined. But Hinkley had no such lofty political aims; instead, he was trying to become a famous national figure in order to gain the attention of actress Jodie Foster, whom he had been stalking for years. Because, as my APUSH teacher always says, nothing says "Date me, Jodie Foster!" like "failed attempted Presidential assassin".
Isaiah the Ox wrote:What's the funniest parody/video you've seen on Youtube? Will you share a link? \:D/
I will, thank you for asking nicely. ;)

I'd say any of the How It Should Have Ended videos for Star Wars would qualify, starting with this one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g4hvUvBmoaA
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What do you think about the Helios Revival? Are you going to convert? :P

What do you do when you are angry?

Do you have a job? How do you afford "expensive" things?

Do you have any plans for after college?

So can you trace your Dutch heritage to Holland?

Is the last name "Rodenhuis" a Dutch name?

Can you speak Dutch? O.o
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:What do you think about the Helios Revival? Are you going to convert? :P
I don't understand a bit of it, and I'm charging in with reckless abandon. \:D/
Miss Friendship wrote:What do you do when you are angry?
Yell and rant a lot and restrain myself from shrieking aloud every profanity I have locked away in the darkest corners of my mind. Sufficiently enrage me and I throw things. ^_^
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have a job? How do you afford "expensive" things?
I'm a National Merit Scholar, and the benefits that I've received from my college are such that I get enough money to cover both tuition and housing with a significant amount left over; that coupled with my college fund allows me a lot of financial freedom.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you have any plans for after college?
1. Take over Disney as CEO

2. Buy the Presidency and Congress

3. ???

4. Profit
Miss Friendship wrote:So can you trace your Dutch heritage to Holland?

Is the last name "Rodenhuis" a Dutch name?

Can you speak Dutch? O.o
Whoa, whoa, whoa—the fam has Dutch roots, but we, like most white people, are off-brand whipped cream rather than the pure, flashy, Straight Outta Aristocracy thing.

I'm sure my dad could produce records of every single family member with the minutest connection to Holland, but I can't tell you right off the top of my head.

Umm...according to my magic Google search powers, probably? Why that name specifically? Is it yours, perchance? You really shouldn't give your last name online to just any headcase college kid, you know. ;)

No, I cannot. I am fluent in "squeeing over cats", though.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:Why that name specifically? Is it yours, perchance? You really shouldn't give your last name online to just any headcase college kid, you know.
You can relax, not my name. :mrgreen: I have heard it before though and was told the family is Dutch, which is why I asked. :P

So tell me more about National Merit Scholarships. How did you get that?
TigerShadow wrote:3. ???
Here let me fix that. 3. Fall in love and get married and have some kids.
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:Here let me fix that. 3. Fall in love and get married and have some kids.
HERE HUSBAND'S RIGHT HERE. :noway: :noway:

(on the board... not me specifically xD)

Okay, so a loooooooooooong time ago, you were rather upset in the "Chatter in the Booths" that "Cody mispronounced a word." Could you please explain this? Not only is Cody probably only 8-11 during the time (one can never tell actual AIO ages :roll:), but he (the character) was reading this word, probably for the first time. Most kids I know that age, would have difficulty pronouncing a words properly as they read them, not alone a odd word that is spelled funny. #justathought

Do you find all this thread changing fun? :mrgreen: Who should we blame for starting this craziness? :mad: :x ;)
xo eht haiasi-
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Miss Friendship wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:Why that name specifically? Is it yours, perchance? You really shouldn't give your last name online to just any headcase college kid, you know.
You can relax, not my name. :mrgreen: I have heard it before though and was told the family is Dutch, which is why I asked. :P
Ah, I see. Fair enough.
Miss Friendship wrote:So tell me more about National Merit Scholarships. How did you get that?
In high school, everyone took a standardized test called the PSAT in our sophomore year. That test is given by the NMSC, the National Merit Scholarship Corporation, which is a prestigious organization that recognizes and gives awards to academically high-achieving students who are at a certain level on their selection index, a level which is determined by their scores on the PSAT in their junior year of high school.

Those of us who scored at a certain level on the sophomore test (essentially a practice test) were given study materials and small-group tutoring to take the PSAT again for real in our junior year, and if we scored high enough on that, we were inducted by the NMSC as National Merit Semi-Finalists. In order to become Finalists (which most Semi-Finalists do, which is why it's usually a bigger deal to be a Semi-Finalist than a Finalist), we had to fill out applications that included a personal essay and a resumé of both academic and extra-curricular achievements. If our applications passed muster, then we were considered finalists. The difference between Semi-Finalist and Finalist is basically how much money colleges will give you—while the National Merit Scholarship Corporation does give monetary awards, the real award comes from the college that a student chooses; most colleges offer some kind of scholarship money to Finalists, but not to Semi-Finalists, although all of that varies from institution to institution.

(For the most part, it's fine to just be a Finalist; actual National Merit Scholars, who win greater monetary awards from the corporation, are basically the kind of students who eat, sleep, and breathe school and are probably going to snap like rubber bands when they hit their mid-twenties.)
Miss Friendship wrote:Here let me fix that. 3. Fall in love and get married and have some kids.
Maybe you should work on fixing your presumptuous attitude. ;) In all seriousness, marriage isn't a guarantee for everyone, and neither are kids. As a matter of fact, I don't really even want biological children; if I did get married, I'd much rather adopt, as there are millions of children around the world who need families, and as I'm pro-life, I feel that need even more strongly because of the "give them up for adoption" assumption that we so flippantly throw around without understanding its implications.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Okay, so a loooooooooooong time ago, you were rather upset in the "Chatter in the Booths" that "Cody mispronounced a word." Could you please explain this? Not only is Cody probably only 8-11 during the time (one can never tell actual AIO ages :roll:), but he (the character) was reading this word, probably for the first time. Most kids I know that age, would have difficulty pronouncing a words properly as they read them, not alone a odd word that is spelled funny. #justathought
Weeelllll, as you may have noticed by my use of the word "miffed", I wasn't that upset about it. :P It's just a pet peeve of mine when people pronounce the word "MISS-che-vus-ly" as "miss-CHEE-vee-us-ly", because there is no such word as "mischeviously". There is no "i" there; it's just v-o-u-s. Nowhere did I blame the actor; I blame the voice directors for letting that slide without saying anything. (Unless, of course, they didn't know any better, either, but I find it hard to believe that none of the other actors, writers, or directors who were present in the recording studio knew how to actually pronounce that word.)
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Do you find all this thread changing fun? :mrgreen:
I do indeed.
Isaiah the Ox wrote:Who should we blame for starting this craziness? :mad: :x ;)
Helios! It's her drama, after all. :noway:
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

So, you think my assessment that kids his age probably won't pronounce it properly is incorrect?
xo eht haiasi-
Dom
Cookies & Creme

TigerShadow wrote:You speak the truth. NO ONE BACK-SASSES ME. :x
Wow I totally thought you cussed there for a second. :lol:
TigerShadow wrote:I have, however, had Chick-fil-A lemonade, which is deliciously sour and tangy.
I was CRAZY about their lemonade as a kid, but in my old age I have come to TAKE ISSUE with STUFF floating in my drinks, namely the lemon shards. :mad: So I really don't like it anymore. =( I also get my orange juice "no pulp". :lol:
TigerShadow wrote:
Dom wrote:What kind of cars do you like?
Efficient ones that work.
Indeed. Two things I lack ANY modicum of patience for are car issues and computer issues. :mad: :mad: :mad:
TigerShadow wrote:
Yep. I don't like to share the stuff I'm really interested in, like my fandoms, unless I know I'm with someone who's into that kind of thing.
SOUNDS LIKE INSECURITY, DUDE. :mrgreen:
TigerShadow wrote:there's stuff that I don't usually share with close friends because it's kind of weird
You should share. We're all curious. Or I am, anyway. :twisted:
TigerShadow wrote:Trandy.
Fwat? Whodat?

Has someone ever just come up and hugged you without "permission"? What did you do/how do you react when that happens? Do you think you are a mature person? Are you in a relationship? Do you own all the Harry Potter books? Are any of them signed? :twisted: Do you think being a nerd is something people should be ashamed of? Have you ever been to a comic con? Do you dress up for Halloween? Do you think Halloween is evil? DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A CURIOUS PERSON? :evil: What is the last big purchase you made? Do you worship Bath & Body Works like most females I know? Do you take baths or showers? Do you like swimming? Have you ever dyed your hair? What would you do if you started going gray early, like NOW? :mrgreen: Do you like suckers? Are you a GUM CHEWER? Do you work out? If you could bring one person back from the dead, would you, and who would it be?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

TigerShadow wrote:Maybe you should work on fixing your presumptuous attitude. In all seriousness, marriage isn't a guarantee for everyone, and neither are kids. As a matter of fact, I don't really even want biological children; if I did get married, I'd much rather adopt, as there are millions of children around the world who need families, and as I'm pro-life, I feel that need even more strongly because of the "give them up for adoption" assumption that we so flippantly throw around without understanding its implications.
You have my admiration if you can skiddle past this point in life. Very few manage to do so, as my realistic pessimistic observations tell me. :P Actually I agree about the adopting thing.... or did, until WD wrecked my theory that adopting from other countries is good. But true, I hadn't remembered the possibility of adopting from this country.

What would you name your daughter and son (if you had them)?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Isaiah the Ox wrote:So, you think my assessment that kids his age probably won't pronounce it properly is incorrect?
It's not that I think it's incorrect; it's that I think it's irrelevant. People who should have known better were there and could have corrected him, but they didn't.
Dom wrote:I was CRAZY about their lemonade as a kid, but in my old age I have come to TAKE ISSUE with STUFF floating in my drinks, namely the lemon shards. :mad: So I really don't like it anymore. =( I also get my orange juice "no pulp". :lol:
I'm not a fan of pulp either (although my dad and grandpa like to just drink actual oranges, apparently), but I can let it slide for the beauty of Chick-fil-A lemonade. :inlove:
Dom wrote:Indeed. Two things I lack ANY modicum of patience for are car issues and computer issues.
Word. Computer issues in general really set my teeth on edge.
Dom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:
Yep. I don't like to share the stuff I'm really interested in, like my fandoms, unless I know I'm with someone who's into that kind of thing.
SOUNDS LIKE INSECURITY, DUDE. :mrgreen:
Well, insecurity is part of it; I was bullied a lot as a kid for being "weird" because I liked nerdy things and because my personality was just generally different from everyone else's, and I don't want to have to deal with that now. But it's also combined with an awareness that most people aren't up to their eyeballs in irrelevant fandom trivia.
Dom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:there's stuff that I don't usually share with close friends because it's kind of weird
You should share. We're all curious. Or I am, anyway. :twisted:
Oh? ;) You really want to hear my thoughts on why the HP movies were a miserable failure at conveying the characters, the atmosphere, and the themes of the original books? Or why, as far as I'm concerned, The Legend of Korra ended after Book 2? Or why I headcanon that Adventures in Odyssey takes place in the 1990s? Or why Luke Skywalker and Rey are on the same level and people need to stop throwing tantrums about how Rey is a "Mary Sue" for being a competent female character?
Dom wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:Trandy.
Fwat? Whodat?
What a depraved world in which we live! Trandy is a portmanteau couple name for Trent DeWhite and Mandy Straussberg, my OTP on Adventures in Odyssey. I can't really talk about them anywhere but here, though, because no one I know outside of my immediate family even knows what AIO is. :(
Dom wrote:Has someone ever just come up and hugged you without "permission"? What did you do/how do you react when that happens?
It's happened; most of the time I just roll with it because I know that the person who's hugging me is my friend. (I know this because non-friends tend to be too scared of what I might do to hug me. I've been told I'm intimidating, probably because my default expression looks like I'm plotting someone's untimely demise. :anxious: )
Dom wrote:Do you think you are a mature person?
I'd love to think so, but my arrogance, irritability, and tendency to lose patience quickly when things don't go my way would say otherwise.
Dom wrote:Are you in a relationship?
Well, technically speaking I'm apparently now married to T.S. (myself).
Dom wrote:Do you own all the Harry Potter books?
Sure do (and then some; I have the original paperback, tenth anniversary, and illustrated editions of Sorcerer's Stone).
Dom wrote:Are any of them signed? :twisted:
Tragically, no. :( I got into the series after it ended, so no signings for me.
Dom wrote:Do you think being a nerd is something people should be ashamed of?
Not at all—not when people are allowed to obsess over football with reckless abandon. It is hard not to be embarrassed by it, though, when people have cut you down for nerdiness simply because it's different.
Dom wrote:Have you ever been to a comic con?
I'd love to go to one, but I've never actually been. If I were to go to one, it would have to be one where Tracy J. Butler would be signing and sketching; she's the creator, author, and artist for the excellent and underrated webcomic Lackadaisy and is one of my personal inspirations.
Dom wrote:Do you dress up for Halloween? Do you think Halloween is evil?
I don't, but I also don't think that Halloween is evil. People can believe whatever they want to about it, but I kind of enjoy the fun side of the celebrations—I'll take any excuse to eat candy. \:D/ The aesthetic is also really cool; the shades of orange, purple, green, and black make for a really nice palette.
Dom wrote:DO YOU CONSIDER YOURSELF A CURIOUS PERSON? :evil:
DO YOU?
Dom wrote:What is the last big purchase you made?
I bought around $150 worth of Copic markers off of Amazon yesterday.
Dom wrote:Do you worship Bath & Body Works like most females I know?
NO

...MAYBE

YES
Dom wrote:Do you take baths or showers?
Showers and showers alone. Taking a bath is like sitting around in your own filth. =P
Dom wrote:Do you like swimming?
Not really. It messes up my perfectly coiffed hair. :P
Dom wrote:Have you ever dyed your hair?
Nope. Have you?
Dom wrote:What would you do if you started going gray early, like NOW? :mrgreen:
Honestly, I'd probably try to color it if I could. I'll embrace gray hairs if they come when I'm middle-aged, like they're supposed to, but not when I'm not even 20.
Dom wrote:Do you like suckers?
Only strawberry and blue raspberry Dum-Dums, because strawberry and blue raspberry flavors have been blessed with the favor of heaven itself.
Dom wrote: Are you a GUM CHEWER?
I used to be, but not anymore; I just sort of lost the habit.
Dom wrote:Do you work out?
I'm actually starting an at-home regimen today. I want to take up weightlifting, but I'd like to get in better shape before I do that so I don't look like a noodly-armed idiot.
Dom wrote:If you could bring one person back from the dead, would you, and who would it be?
I wouldn't. Death comes when it comes, and it's not my business to try to change that.
Miss Friendship wrote:You have my admiration if you can skiddle past this point in life.
It's not so much about intentionally trying to escape marriage; if God plans for me to be married, then he'll send the right guy along. It's just that I know that rushing into relationships leads to serious problems down the road, and I want to be at a place where I don't need to be married to be happy—I'll be content with living a life that is pleasing to God, husband or no husband. Marriage, at its best, is a beautiful picture of Christ and the Church, and can be a wonderful way to glorify God and to share the Gospel—but it's not the only way to accomplish those things.

I guess it's just me recognizing that just because it happens to a lot of people doesn't mean that it's a guarantee, and that God works on His timetable, not ours.
Miss Friendship wrote:What would you name your daughter and son (if you had them)?
I haven't really thought about that much, honestly. Maybe I'd try to find cool names of Scottish/Gaelic origin, since my family also has roots in Scotland. (Hey, my name is obscure and hard to pronounce, and my mom's name is masculine. My kids get to share the love of childhood trauma. :P )
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

TigerShadow wrote:Well, technically speaking I'm apparently now married to T.S. (myself).
Yeah, this has all been quite sudden.
TigerShadow wrote:As a matter of fact, I don't really even want biological children; if I did get married, I'd much rather adopt.
If we had to adopt someone on the SS, who would it be?
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Paula, because Paula is amazing.
T.S. (myself) wrote:Yeah, this has all been quite sudden.
Hopefully this arranged marriage won't result in one of us freaking out, running off with someone from a family that rivals ours, and then ending that relationship with near-simultaneous suicides. :P
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

TigerShadow wrote:Hopefully this arranged marriage won't result in one of us freaking out, running off with someone from a family that rivals ours, and then ending that relationship with near-simultaneous suicides.
Yeah, hopefully not. Just promise not to pretend to be dead. :P
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

To quote Gary D. Schmidt's The Wednesday Wars:
I mean, a potion to almost kill you? She drinks a potion to almost kill you? Who would drink a potion to almost kill you? Then Romeo goes ahead and drinks a potion that will kill you because he can’t figure out that she’s only had a potion that almost kills you? And then Juliet, who at least is smart enough to figure out that Romeo really is dead, makes sure that she uses a knife this time, which is not almost going to kill you, but really will kill you?

Doesn’t this sound like something that two people who can’t find their way around the block would get themselves into?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

How do you feel about being married without a wedding?

Do you think nerdy guys are the most attractive type?

Should people ever talk about you behind your back? :lol:

Do you have the OAC? How do you listen to AIO normally?

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

BTW, my point was that Cody was reading the word "mischievous" in the episode, but it doesn't matter.

I nearly fainted when I saw you were talking about evolution by the way. I thought that annoyed you to pieces.

How does it feel to have a husband? Who else have you been shipped with online?

How does it feel to have a daughter?

How does it feel to have a son... being me? :twisted:

Why is the Helios a lie?
xo eht haiasi-