Q&A with Ashley (aka ClaraOswald)

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

HELLO THERE, FELLOW PIANO NERD. HAVE A SEAT. *cracks knuckles*

I kinda play by ear; not that great tho. I wish I could. I play a lot better by sight. My teacher says I"m better than her at sight reading. So I guess that's a good thing. xD

I use any RCM repertoire book that's around my grade level, or any sheet music that I can get off the internet for free xD

I only have a smallish parlour piano. :( I'd love a baby grand, but that's kinda out of my budget range right now. But someday.

I love any soundtrack piece, especially Doctor Who. "Vale Decem" and "I am the Doctor" are my favourites. Although it's hard to play Vale Decem without crying...

I really love slow minor pieces. Maybe it's because I'm a slow minor person. xD

I like C (obviously), F, and B flat. And all minor keys except for F sharp :x

I'm kinda good... not as good as I should be for playing for 13+ years.

YES. IMPROV IS LIFE.

It's kinda in the middle of easy and hard. But closer to easier.

Hahaha! I started reading this and I was like "woah.... he must have a big thing for pianos..." xD
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Haha, dat's me! ;)

That's cool. :) So, you can basically play a song pretty well the first time you read it? Is that what your teacher means?

I've never heard of RCM...could you explain how it works? Oh, and if you ever need free sheet music, Musescore is usually where I find sheet music. Anyone can upload their own arrangements or transcriptions of songs.

Yeshhhhhh, baby grands are amazing. #WishList

Oh, is that when Tennant dies? :cry:

Do you prefer flats or sharps? How many flats or sharps can you handle until your brain explodes? :twisted:

Heh, same here. I've been playing for almost 10 years, and I'm sure I could do much better... >_>

That's cool. :) I wish I could improv easier.

Heh, sort of. As I said, I don't think I'm very good, so I like learning from others. Plus, I'm a homeschooler, so I don't really meet many pianists that I can talk to. ^_^ Plus, I like learning what other people think about pianos and playing them. :D
xo eht haiasi-
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

How long have you been playing the piano? Is there any other instrument you would like to play?

If someone were standing over you with a sword, telling you to deny Jesus or else you'd be chopped into a million pieces, what would you do?

What do you usually do to vent/calm your anger?

What is your career goal?

Favorite SS forum?

Funnest thing you've done this summer?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Haha, dat's me! ;)

That's cool. :) So, you can basically play a song pretty well the first time you read it? Is that what your teacher means?

I've never heard of RCM...could you explain how it works? Oh, and if you ever need free sheet music, Musescore is usually where I find sheet music. Anyone can upload their own arrangements or transcriptions of songs.

Yeshhhhhh, baby grands are amazing. #WishList

Oh, is that when Tennant dies? :cry:

Do you prefer flats or sharps? How many flats or sharps can you handle until your brain explodes? :twisted:

Heh, same here. I've been playing for almost 10 years, and I'm sure I could do much better... >_>

That's cool. :) I wish I could improv easier.

Heh, sort of. As I said, I don't think I'm very good, so I like learning from others. Plus, I'm a homeschooler, so I don't really meet many pianists that I can talk to. ^_^ Plus, I like learning what other people think about pianos and playing them. :D
Yep!

It's basically just a grading system for music. Like "The Happy Farmer" is grade 5, I think. And Mozart's "Sonata in C Major" is grade 8. They have a list of repertoire/studies/theory that you have to practice for each grade, then you can get tested on the stuff you practice. If you pass (60% is the passing mark), then you get a sheet of paper saying you passed, but if you take a written theory test that's up to your grade level, you get a certificate. I have not yet taken any written tests, so I don't have a fancy certificate.

YES MUSESCORE IS AMAZINGGGG

Yes :cry:

I honestly don't care, because if there's too many sharps/flats I just do the thing, like if they're 5 sharps you turn it into 2 flats
Mandy wrote:How long have you been playing the piano? Is there any other instrument you would like to play?

If someone were standing over you with a sword, telling you to deny Jesus or else you'd be chopped into a million pieces, what would you do?

What do you usually do to vent/calm your anger?

What is your career goal?

Favorite SS forum?

Funnest thing you've done this summer?

I've been playing since I was 5ish. I'd like to play the drums :twisted: But I already also play the guitar and ukulele, so I probably won't have time to do that any time soon.

Try to find a way out of that situation without denying Jesus or getting chopped up.

Internalize it until I blow up/cry.

To act alongside Benedict Cumberbatch/David Tennant/Robert Carlyle/and other amazing people

The SS Tumblr

Go to Canada's Wonderland
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Whoa, what thing? There is a transposing trick? (I probably know this...I just forget... :P)

Musescore is awesome. ^_^ Do you use the Musescore program much? Do you write any music?

Ohhhhh, who tests your piano skills?

Do you think you know a lot of Disney songs?

What is your favorite song book that you have? Any books you would recommend? Or don't you have many?

Do you like musicals? What is your favorite?
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Why are you a Christian? Why aren't you a Muslim, Mormon, JW or atheist or anything else?

Do you believe there are many ways to God? Why or why not?

If some random person on the street who knew nothing about Christianity, asked you what it is all about in a nutshell, what would you say?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Whoa, what thing? There is a transposing trick? (I probably know this...I just forget... :P)

Musescore is awesome. ^_^ Do you use the Musescore program much? Do you write any music?

Ohhhhh, who tests your piano skills?

Do you think you know a lot of Disney songs?

What is your favorite song book that you have? Any books you would recommend? Or don't you have many?

Do you like musicals? What is your favorite?
Yeah. Example: If there's a song that has 4 sharps (E major), but you don't like to play in E, then you can transpose the three keys that aren't sharped down to flats, and it turns into B flat major.

Nah, I just use others'.

A special RCM tester person

Not on piano. But I do know "Lava" from the Disney short "Lava" that's at the beginning of Inside Out on the Ukulele. :D

I own both all of Keith Green's piano books. I enjoy playing those, although they're quite hard.

I. LOVE. MUSICALS. Mary Poppins (the one with Julie Andrews) is my favourite. Julie is just soooo talented.
Miss Friendship wrote: Why are you a Christian? Why aren't you a Muslim, Mormon, JW or atheist or anything else?

Do you believe there are many ways to God? Why or why not?

If some random person on the street who knew nothing about Christianity, asked you what it is all about in a nutshell, what would you say?
Because Christianity makes a lot more sense than any other religion. Other religions are all basically the same, that in you have to work to get to Heaven. Christianity also is the only way that you can properly explain the world around you and how to deal with it. There are many more reasons, but that's just what first came to mind. :P

No. Because the Bible says so. Although, if you count different denominations (like Baptist and Pres.) as different ways, then yes. :P

I've thought about this a lot, and I haven't quite figured out exactly what I'd say. Like, I know the long version, but if I only had 10 seconds? Idk. But I do need to do that.
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

If you could meet 5 SSers IRL, who would they be? (If you have already been asked this before... sorry).

How did you find the SS?

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Who is your favorite AIO character?

Favorite band?

Favorite SSer?
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

ClaraOswald wrote:Not on piano. But I do know "Lava" from the Disney short "Lava" that's at the beginning of Inside Out on the Ukulele. :D
Haha, cool! How about just Disney songs in general? If you were listening to a Disney radio (on Pandora, iTunes, or Spotify, etc.), would you know most of the songs?
ClaraOswald wrote:I. LOVE. MUSICALS. Mary Poppins (the one with Julie Andrews) is my favourite. Julie is just soooo talented.
You really should talk with RagTag. ;) What are your top 5 favorite musicals, or just the most popular 5 musicals you've seen?

Are you on the chat?

Would you like to have your own (piano) keyboard before you go to college?
xo eht haiasi-
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Mandy wrote:If you could meet 5 SSers IRL, who would they be? (If you have already been asked this before... sorry).

How did you find the SS?
I'd pick Blitz, you, MF, Paula, and Mr. Oxxy.

I was around when it first was advertised. :mad: People were like "Oh my gosh a new AIO forum !!!" I think it took me a while to actually sign up for an account tho.
Blitz wrote: Who is your favorite AIO character?

Favorite band?

Favorite SSer?
Um... Connie, Jay, and Jason.

ASDFGHJKL WHY DO YOU ASK ME SUCH HARD QUESTIONSSS
For bands, I think I'll go with Anthem Lights. But my favourite singer is Jonathan Thulin. :inlove:

Again... WHY SUCH HARD QUESTIONS
I can't pick just one... but I do love John Henry. He never failed to make me laugh. Sadly, he is no more. :cry:

Isaiah the Ox wrote:
ClaraOswald wrote:Not on piano. But I do know "Lava" from the Disney short "Lava" that's at the beginning of Inside Out on the Ukulele. :D
Haha, cool! How about just Disney songs in general? If you were listening to a Disney radio (on Pandora, iTunes, or Spotify, etc.), would you know most of the songs?
ClaraOswald wrote:I. LOVE. MUSICALS. Mary Poppins (the one with Julie Andrews) is my favourite. Julie is just soooo talented.
You really should talk with RagTag. ;) What are your top 5 favorite musicals, or just the most popular 5 musicals you've seen?

Are you on the chat?

Would you like to have your own (piano) keyboard before you go to college?
Yeah. I do. I actually feel kinda weird about knowing so many bc all my friends are into Marvel and LOTR and don't care about Disney and while I love those things I also love Disney. So yeah.

My top fav are : Mary Poppins, The Sound of Music, The Lion King, The Beauty and the Beast, and The Prince of Egypt.

Yeah, once in a while. I'm AshleyWhittaker.

YESSSS
Once I get a job, I'll be able to afford one. xD
Blitz
Moose Tracks

But but but... I'm not your favorite SSer? ;)
Debate Vampire

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Did you and JH ever have debates?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Hey, Disney's awesome. :wacky:

THOSE MUSICALS ARE ALL AMAZING. :mad:

Would you like a really big keyboard, or maybe just a light, 72 key one?

Do you like any Broadway musicals? Have you seen/heard of the Beauty and the Beast and Lion King stage productions?

Have I asked you too many questions about music? 0_o

Oh, and I'm OxR on the chat, if you ever stop by, and I'm there. ;)

What is your favorite franchise series? (like Harry Potter, Superheroes, Hunger Games, Narnia, etc.) (I don't know if franchise is the right word...but... :anxious:)
xo eht haiasi-
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:But but but... I'm not your favorite SSer? ;)
You're my second favourite... ;)
MissFriendship wrote:Did you and JH ever have debates?
Not by ourselves, but yeah, we did. I MISS HIM *sobs*
Isaiah the Ox wrote:
Would you like a really big keyboard, or maybe just a light, 72 key one?

Do you like any Broadway musicals? Have you seen/heard of the Beauty and the Beast and Lion King stage productions?

Have I asked you too many questions about music? 0_o

Oh, and I'm OxR on the chat, if you ever stop by, and I'm there. ;)

What is your favorite franchise series? (like Harry Potter, Superheroes, Hunger Games, Narnia, etc.) (I don't know if franchise is the right word...but... :anxious:)
A BIG ONE

No, I haven't. I would, but I'm too busy right now. :/

Nope! I love music.

DOCTOR WHOOOOO. And LOTR and Star Wars. The SW stuff out there is amazing.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I personally dislike JH.

If you had to pick an addiction what would you chose?
Debate Vampire

Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Blitz wrote:I personally dislike JH.
Clara, what should be done for him saying that? :twisted:

Do you make your own sets?

Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

If you had to pick an addiction what would you chose?
Is that jealousy, I detect, Bestie? xD

Like drugs, or normal everyday things? Because I'm already addicted to the internet.

MissFriendship wrote:

Clara, what should be done for him saying that? :twisted:

Do you make your own sets?
HANG HIM BY HIS TOES FROM THE RAFTERS :mad:

Yep, I do! I really like my current one. :D
Paula
Peach Cobbler

YAY! I'd love to meet you too *dances* *passes the chocolate around*
What's your favorite memory from the SS?
Other than JH... Do you miss any other old SS members who don't get on anymore?
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Favourite memory... When the chat was here. xD

Suzie Lou, SparkyHappyGiraffe, and iluvjason. I miss them lots :cry: