Latch questionnaire

What's your favorite color? What's your most embarrassing memory? From the usual questions, to the bizarre, here is where you can ask any question of others, so grab a chair and chat!
Dom
Cookies & Creme

I'll have to listen through your songs. Someday. Not now. :wacky:
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:Will that cabin have internet?
It might, I'm not sure. That's one of those small details that will get figured out in a few decades.
Oh. Well in a few decades, you'll be receiving internet directly into your brain chip, so NEVERMIND. :mad:

Do you like, um, people, with shaved heads? :twisted: Why is food hard to do when traveling? DO YOU LIVE OFF ROADKILL OR SOMETHING? I could step on a beetle for you. What's something you love to eat but don't often buy? What is the most exotic meat you have tasted? If you could live underground for a year with no sun or SHRUBBERY, would you? What is the most difficult choice you have ever had to make?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:Do you like, um, people, with shaved heads? :twisted:
Not especially, no.
Dom wrote:Why is food hard to do when traveling? DO YOU LIVE OFF ROADKILL OR SOMETHING? I could step on a beetle for you.
Because all of the things that make food convenient when living indoors are not viable [counter, stove, fridge]. You have to buy it often, store it well, prepare it in the middle of the woods. Unless you like eating out of cans, which I do not. I ate a lot of eggs, rice, and salads.
Dom wrote:What's something you love to eat but don't often buy?
Cajun creole.
Dom wrote:What is the most exotic meat you have tasted?
I've had some questionable meat from Mexican food stands, if that qualifies as exotic.
Dom wrote:If you could live underground for a year with no sun or SHRUBBERY, would you?
Probably, depending on the circumstances.
Dom wrote:What is the most difficult choice you have ever had to make?
Living with my mother when my parents got divorced.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:all of the things that make food convenient when living indoors are not viable [counter, stove, fridge].
They make little portable stoves for camping. Or is that "cheating"?
latch wrote:I've had some questionable meat from Mexican food stands, if that qualifies as exotic.
:lol:
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:What is the most difficult choice you have ever had to make?
Living with my mother when my parents got divorced.
What were the three biggest reasons you chose her?

Do you believe in an afterlife? If you had a houseplant, would you dust it? :mrgreen: How often do you clean your bathroom? :twisted: Is there a positive aspect to typing that you don't experience when talking face to face? Would you rather be cold or hot? Is there someone from your past that you miss or wish you were still friends with? Do you have any regrets?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:They make little portable stoves for camping. Or is that "cheating"?
I don't think there's a right or wrong way to camp or travel or live, it's simply a matter of what you prefer. So 'cheating' isn't a thing, but yes. I had a miniature stove that I hooked up to a propane bottle. That's how I ate my eggs and other hot items.
Dom wrote:Do you believe in an afterlife?
I do not.
Dom wrote:If you had a houseplant, would you dust it? :mrgreen:
I do have houseplants, and I've never dusted them.
Dom wrote:How often do you clean your bathroom? :twisted:
Mostly just when it gets dusty - it doesn't really get dirty. Every few weeks or so.
Dom wrote:Is there a positive aspect to typing that you don't experience when talking face to face?
Most of the things I enjoy about typing are simply expressed differently when live. Using emoticons, for example. In any case, I have nothing against getting to know people online.
Dom wrote:Would you rather be cold or hot?
Cold.
Dom wrote:Is there someone from your past that you miss or wish you were still friends with?
Nope. If there was, I'd take steps to talk with them.
Dom wrote:Do you have any regrets?
No.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you believe in an afterlife?
I do not.
What led to this lack of belief?
latch wrote:
No.
I've never understood this. How is it that you can look at something like say, hurting another person, and not feel regret? I know most things can be chalked up to a learning experience for the person without regret, but I don't understand how that can apply when dealing with other people. You've never said or done something you wish you could take back?

What are the ingredients to your perfect salad? Do you like deviled eggs? Do you have a favorite Disney movie? What is the most disturbing song you have ever heard? What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? DID IT MAKE YOU ANGRY? :twisted: Do you prefer texting or using a computer keyboard? If there was a way to live without sleeping, would you do it? Stars or planets? Lefty or righty? Driving or riding? Speaking or listening? Painting or drawing? Cajun or pizza? Windows up or down?

Dom
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Spoon wrote:While money is a bother and I dislike that it even exists, I do pretty well at making it work for me instead of letting it control my actions.
Like Doctor Dolittle?

What is your favorite children's book?
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote:What led to this lack of belief?
Realizing that my belief was based on zero evidence and only existed to produce a false good feeling.
latch wrote:
No.
Dom wrote: I've never understood this. How is it that you can look at something like say, hurting another person, and not feel regret? I know most things can be chalked up to a learning experience for the person without regret, but I don't understand how that can apply when dealing with other people. You've never said or done something you wish you could take back?
Well, like you said - it's a learning experience. I've said and done things I later realized weren't right, but regret? Nope. Regret is an unproductive thought/emotion, I'd rather look at what's in my past and learn from it than mope over it. Regret and being sorry are two different things; it's important to note.
Dom wrote:What are the ingredients to your perfect salad?
Lettuce [sometimes spinach], cucumbers, tomatoes, cheese [mozzarella, feta, cheddar], croutons, a mixture of dried fruits [raisins, cranberries, blueberries], dressing [italian is my current], and occasionally: avocado, summer fruits, or chicken. Boiled eggs if they're available [although I've never boiled eggs for salads].
Dom wrote:Do you like deviled eggs?
If they're around, although I've never pursued them otherwise.
Dom wrote:Do you have a favorite Disney movie?
I do not.
Dom wrote:What is the most disturbing song you have ever heard?
Disturbing in what sense? It moves me emotionally? Makes me upset? Off the top of my head, 'Right in two' by tool comes to mind, but I don't really want to commit to that for a vague question.
Dom wrote:What is the most romantic thing someone has done for you? DID IT MAKE YOU ANGRY? :twisted:
A particular instance isn't coming to mind, but a few thoughtful gifts would probably fit in that category. Something no one else might know would tickle your fancy. And no, it did not make me angry.
Dom wrote:Do you prefer texting or using a computer keyboard?
Keyboard, if my computer is just as accessible as my phone.
Dom wrote: If there was a way to live without sleeping, would you do it?
If it wasn't detrimental to my health, yes. I already toe that line most days.
Dom wrote:Stars or planets?
Planets.
Dom wrote:Lefty or righty? Driving or riding?
Righty, driving.
Dom wrote: Speaking or listening?
Listening.
Dom wrote:Painting or drawing?
Looking at: drawing. Doing myself: painting.
Dom wrote:Cajun or pizza?
Cajun.
Dom wrote:Windows up or down?
Windows down, until it's so cold it's painful.

-- Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:38 am --
T.S. (myself) wrote:
Spoon wrote:While money is a bother and I dislike that it even exists, I do pretty well at making it work for me instead of letting it control my actions.]
Like Doctor Dolittle?

What is your favorite children's book?
I'm not sure what Doctor Dolittle trait you're referring to, but probably.

The Giving Tree, or any of Shel Silverstein's books.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:my belief was based on zero evidence and only existed to produce a false good feeling.
I love how Countess just let this slide. O.o I'd be getting paragraphs in my thread. :lol: In any event, I precisely agree with you.
latch wrote:Regret is an unproductive thought/emotion, I'd rather look at what's in my past and learn from it than mope over it. Regret and being sorry are two different things; it's important to note.
That makes logical sense. MY EMOTIONS, however, aren't as whipped as yours. *pout*
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:What is the most disturbing song you have ever heard?
Disturbing in what sense? It moves me emotionally? Makes me upset? Off the top of my head, 'Right in two' by tool comes to mind, but I don't really want to commit to that for a vague question.
Interesting video/song. Anyway I left it intentionally vague so you'd be forced to think for yourself! :twisted: I suppose in my head I thought something where you finish and you're like, "The heck did I just listen to...? O.o"
latch wrote:
Dom wrote: If there was a way to live without sleeping, would you do it?
If it wasn't detrimental to my health, yes. I already toe that line most days.
How much sleep do you usually get? I used to resent sleep so badly, massively starved myself of it in an attempt to fill my life with things that MATTER, since sleep clearly is a waste.
latch wrote:Windows down, until it's so cold it's painful.
Do you ever put your arm out into the rain so it goes from cold, to tingly, to numb, and eventually feels warm, it's so frigid?

Do you like high or low singing voices? Do you like singing yourself? Would you ever do Invisalign? Do you do dishes immediately after using them, or let them pile up? Has your current state ruined you for snow and cold weather? Do you consider yourself sentimental? What is your favorite juice?

Dom
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Dom wrote:I love how Countess just let this slide. O.o
Who says I am? :twisted: Thanks for drawing my attention to this. Come to think of it, latch is my next mission, considering I have already worked on kait. :twisted:
Spoon wrote:Realizing that my belief was based on zero evidence and only existed to produce a false good feeling.
Do you believe Jesus existed? Did anyone give you any evidence for your belief?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Dom wrote: How much sleep do you usually get? I used to resent sleep so badly, massively starved myself of it in an attempt to fill my life with things that MATTER, since sleep clearly is a waste.
Five to seven hours, and I sometimes crash and get nine on weekends.
Dom wrote:Do you ever put your arm out into the rain so it goes from cold, to tingly, to numb, and eventually feels warm, it's so frigid?
Yes ma'am I do.
Dom wrote:Do you like high or low singing voices?
Low, generally. But a good singing voice comes in many forms.
Dom wrote:Do you like singing yourself?
I do.
Dom wrote:Would you ever do Invisalign?
I would not.
Dom wrote: Do you do dishes immediately after using them, or let them pile up?
They pile up for several days (which really just means one bowl and a few plates), then I wash them. Sometimes that only happens on weekends.
Dom wrote:Has your current state ruined you for snow and cold weather?
Not permanently, I hope.
Dom wrote:Do you consider yourself sentimental?
Compared to those who would consider themselves sentimental, no. But everyone gets feels about certain stuff.
Dom wrote:What is your favorite juice?
I very rarely drink juice. I'd have to go with the kind that's really just blended up fruits or vegetables.
Miss Friendship wrote:Do you believe Jesus existed? Did anyone give you any evidence for your belief?
Yes, there is historical evidence that he existed. I simply don't believe in the religious following based on that piece of history.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Spoon wrote:Yes, there is historical evidence that he existed. I simply don't believe in the religious following based on that piece of history.
Iffan He actually rose from the dead, would that mean He is the God He says He is? I mean, all other religions leaders stayed DEAD. So we have no evidence that their beliefs are truth.

When are you going to join the R.A? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~

Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:Iffan He actually rose from the dead, would that mean He is the God He says He is? I mean, all other religions leaders stayed DEAD. So we have no evidence that their beliefs are truth.

When are you going to join the R.A? http://thera.alldiscussion.net/
Sure, which is why I don't believe he rose from the dead, nor is he a messiah.

Is there a difference between that and this? I can't seem to find a significant one.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Spoon wrote:Sure, which is why I don't believe he rose from the dead, nor is he a messiah.
There is some strong evidence that He did however.
There are four facts that historians, skeptics and Christians alike, agree on. 1. Jesus's burial. 2. The discovery of the empty tomb 3. The postmortem appearances, and 4. The origin of the disciple’s belief in the resurrection.

So, to look at the theories that are used to explain away the Resurrection. Someone came up with the "hallucination" theory. Which basically says that the disciples just imagined they saw Jesus. This does not explain the empty tomb however.

Another theory is that the disciples stole Jesus's body from the tomb. This would explain the empty tomb, but it wouldn't explain why the disciples believed in the resurrection so strongly that they endured crazy persecutions and died for it. They would not have died for what they knew to be a lie. The Resurrection was the very core of Christianity. Without that, Christianity would have died out as the disciples almost did after Jesus's death.

A third proposal is that the Jewish or the Roman authorities stole the body from the tomb and hid it elsewhere. This could explain the disciples belief and the empty tomb, but it doesn't explain why these authorities who desperately wanted to suppress this new religion from the beginning, did not simply produce the body and dispel forever both the resurrection theory and the Christian religion with it.
Debates are few and far between on the SS anymore. The R.A. has a debate focus and minimizes all other distractions like AIO. :lol:

What was the last thing that made you cry? What upsets you more than anything else?

Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:
Dom wrote:What are some of the MOST AMAZING songs that you "feel"?
Some recent ones:
Stateless - Bloodstream
Macklemore - Otherside
OneRepublic - Au Revoir
Chet Faker - Talk is Cheap
Bjork - Mutual Core
Hans Zimmer - Coward
Tool - Rosetta Stoned
Going through these, finally. Mmhm. I like your piano-driven songs. :yes: Good stuff.
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you like singing yourself?
I do.
Are there some songs you often find yourself singing absent-mindedly?
latch wrote:
I would not.
Why not?

Where would you like to travel to again? Do you often lose things? Is there something from childhood you wish you still owned? How many keys are on your keychain? What did your last text message say? If you could choose what age you would die, what would it be? Is there a black and white movie that you love? Do you feel your life is full or empty right now? Do you collect bits of nature while traveling? Would you ever wear a bow in your hair?

Dom
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:What was the last thing that made you cry?
Probably an eyelash in my eye. But emotionally? I don't remember specifically, but if I had to guess - something beautiful struck me.
Miss Friendship wrote:What upsets you more than anything else?
Dishonesty.

-- Mon Dec 14, 2015 10:10 am --
Dom wrote: Are there some songs you often find yourself singing absent-mindedly?
Yes, there are. Lately it's been either Tool or Buckcherry. It changes every few weeks.
latch wrote:
I would not.
Dom wrote: Why not?
Because I care way more about other things than straight teeth.
Dom wrote:Where would you like to travel to again?
Europe, more extensive US travels, Mexico. I would like to travel everywhere again and for the first time. Travel always.
Dom wrote:Do you often lose things?
I lose track of things sometimes, but I don't often lose them indefinitely. I'm a bit scatterbrained at times.
Dom wrote:Is there something from childhood you wish you still owned?
I can't think of a single thing, actually. I'm not much of a 'things' person.
Dom wrote:How many keys are on your keychain?
Nine keys.
Dom wrote:What did your last text message say?
'Sounds good. Let's partake when we both have time.'
Dom wrote:If you could choose what age you would die, what would it be?
I can't imagine I would choose the age of my death if given the choice, but in this crazy hypothetical I'll assume I *must*. In which case I'd choose 67.
Dom wrote:Is there a black and white movie that you love?
Hmm. I quite enjoy the Twilight Zones, if that counts. Other than that.. Alfred Hitchcock is always a win.
Dom wrote:Do you feel your life is full or empty right now?
Full.
Dom wrote:Do you collect bits of nature while traveling?
I do, occasionally. Not always nature, but little tidbits I find and associate memories with later on. I have a fishing lure from a bridge in Illinois hanging in my car. Stuff like that.
Dom wrote:Would you ever wear a bow in your hair?
I can't imagine I would at this time, it's pretty short and I'm not partial to accessories.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

What's your most valuable possession?

How often do you watch a movie?

Favorite meal?

Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Miss Friendship wrote:What's your most valuable possession?

How often do you watch a movie?

Favorite meal?
Monetarily, my car. Most valuable in my mind: a leather jacket of mine that has a map printed in the lining. I'm not terribly attached to material possessions.

Movies, probably once a week or two. I watch videos or shows more often than that.

Salad, coffee, chocolate.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

(Hitchcock?)
How many hitchcocks have you seen?

How many do you own?

What's your favorite one?

Do you like Agatha Christie (if that's how you spell it)?

Where do you watch them/other videos from?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Spoon
Cookies & Creme

Connie G. wrote:(Hitchcock?)
How many hitchcocks have you seen?

How many do you own?

What's your favorite one?

Do you like Agatha Christie (if that's how you spell it)?

Where do you watch them/other videos from?
Only a few. I don't own any. Psycho's my favourite. If I've encountered Agatha Christie, I'm unaware of it. Other videos? I like Ted talks quite a bit.
Dom
Cookies & Creme

latch wrote:I would like to travel everywhere again and for the first time. Travel always.
What defines "travel always"...not owning or renting a home? How short a time would you stay somewhere to still consider yourself actively traveling?
latch wrote:Nine keys.
And what are they forrrrr? :mrgreen:
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:What did your last text message say?
'Sounds good. Let's partake when we both have time.'
:twisted: :lol:
latch wrote:
Dom wrote:Do you feel your life is full or empty right now?
Full.
Name five things that make it so?

Would you ever want to travel with another person the entire time? Or would you prefer to drift in and out from various companions, being alone when you wished? How much do you spend on your cell phone every month? Name something expensive that you indulge in once in awhile? Do you enjoy popping bubblewrap? What's something immature you've done recently? What is your most unique feature? If you could teleport to another location right this second for one hour only, where would it be? Would you ever adopt?

Dom