It is currently Fri Feb 22, 2019 3:25 pm


All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 11:27 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Tue May 22, 2012 7:03 pm
Posts: 1949
Location: Forever Yours
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
What's this about a Connie+Jason love story in Clubhouse? You guys have got to be exaggerating. If not, I'll sue the editors for billions of dollars damages.

Read the story, up there ^^ Liz posted it, and all they did was enter a contest together, then a quick trip to the ER...;)

_________________
Image
꿈. 희망. 전진.


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:32 am 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2012 4:02 pm
Posts: 238
Location: On a 3-dimensional blue, green and white sphere suspended in outer space
Gender: Female
Haha, that story was awesome, poor Jason.
I really don't think Jason and Connie would cope well as a couple.They have more of a brother-sister relationship going. If they lived together on a day-to-day basis,I believe their personalities would clash.

_________________
"A battle can be considered lost only when you cease to fight."~Shtakji


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:38 pm 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 am
Posts: 844
Location: In the Village
Gender: Female
Shtakji wrote:
Haha, that story was awesome, poor Jason.
I really don't think Jason and Connie would cope well as a couple.They have more of a brother-sister relationship going. If they lived together on a day-to-day basis,I believe their personalities would clash.


Well, they don't have to be similar to be a good couple. Sometimes people who are very different get married and live together for their entire lives on a daily basis. That doesn't mean there isn't conflict, but if they are committed to each other, it doesn't matter. (like my mother was saying today incidentally. She and dad are like total opposites, and they often have...disagreements of opinion, but at the end of the day, it is love that keeps them together, no matter how rough things get, or not. :) )
Besides, if there's conflict, it makes for an interesting story. :D

_________________
Avatar by Laura Hollingsworth (thesilvereye)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 5:40 pm 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: NC, USA
Gender: Female
Ameraka wrote:
Shtakji wrote:
Haha, that story was awesome, poor Jason.
I really don't think Jason and Connie would cope well as a couple.They have more of a brother-sister relationship going. If they lived together on a day-to-day basis,I believe their personalities would clash.


Well, they don't have to be similar to be a good couple. Sometimes people who are very different get married and live together for their entire lives on a daily basis. That doesn't mean there isn't conflict, but if they are committed to each other, it doesn't matter. (like my mother was saying today incidentally. She and dad are like total opposites, and they often have...disagreements of opinion, but at the end of the day, it is love that keeps them together, no matter how rough things get, or not. :) )
Besides, if there's conflict, it makes for an interesting story. :D

THANK YOU! That's what I've been trying to drill into these peoples heads for forever! JASON+CONNIE!

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 7:45 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
Why, thank you Vic. I like to think of myself as a shameless romantic. And I have to admit, it would be nice in many ways if Jason married Tasha. But I have my heart set on Monica.
Ameraca, your opinions on AIO are always very strong and well-thought out. But in this rare case, you're wrong.
You, "don't have to be similar to be a good couple"...
Of course not. Why shouldn't a reindeer fall in love with a purple alien?
We can agree there is in fact a line where dissimilarities become a problem. But it seems you have an incorrect idea of where that line is. You go ahead and assume any difference can be overcome by love. But love can't. Because love is aroused by similarities. J+C proponents never tire of the saying, "opposites attract."
True. But you don't marry someone because you're an architect and your date is a wrecking-ball worker. You marry someone because, say, you love books and someone else loves books. If you adored to write but someone else couldn't understand your passion, would you be likely to fall in love with him?
And of course, relationships have to be based on one particular similarity: Christianity.
Also, Connie left Mitch because their differences held them apart. "I was terrified." Connie earnestly explains to Mitch, who thinks danger is fun.
You do have to have things in common for love to work.
Opposites attract. But similarities hold lovers together.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 8:54 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:49 pm
Posts: 770
Location: Classified
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
Why, thank you Vic. I like to think of myself as a shameless romantic. And I have to admit, it would be nice in many ways if Jason married Tasha. But I have my heart set on Monica.
Ameraca, your opinions on AIO are always very strong and well-thought out. But in this rare case, you're wrong.
You, "don't have to be similar to be a good couple"...
Of course not. Why shouldn't a reindeer fall in love with a purple alien?
We can agree there is in fact a line where dissimilarities become a problem. But it seems you have an incorrect idea of where that line is. You go ahead and assume any difference can be overcome by love. But love can't. Because love is aroused by similarities. J+C proponents never tire of the saying, "opposites attract."
True. But you don't marry someone because you're an architect and your date is a wrecking-ball worker. You marry someone because, say, you love books and someone else loves books. If you adored to write but someone else couldn't understand your passion, would you be likely to fall in love with him?
And of course, relationships have to be based on one particular similarity: Christianity.
Also, Connie left Mitch because their differences held them apart. "I was terrified." Connie earnestly explains to Mitch, who thinks danger is fun.
You do have to have things in common for love to work.
Opposites attract. But similarities hold lovers together.


I have to agree with PF, even though I REALLY want Connie and Jason to get married.

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 11:10 am 
Cookie Dough
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:02 pm
Posts: 1862
Location: NC, USA
Gender: Female
I agree and disagree with your statement, PF.
I agree that you need to have common interests but I don't think you need to be clones of each others interests. We all like different things. I can LOVE crocheting, but I don't expect my future husband to LOVE crocheting just because I do. Or even be interested in it.
He could LOVE football but I'm never going to LOVE football. I can tolerate it, but I'm never going to LOVE it.
I think what really matters is if they have the same belief structure and have the same goals in life. I think Connie and Jason have that.
JASON+CONNIE!
(Ashley: Don't fall for PF's fancy words! He's wrong! ;))

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 2:23 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
Don't listen to Liz's dirty lies, Pound Foolish is never wrong.
First off, that's right. They do have to have similar goals in life. That's the whole point. Not whether they both like to crochet, whether they have similiar passions. If their lives are compatible. They're not.
Their interests don't connect. Connie's goals and interests: be a teacher, the mall, bowling, romance novels. Jason: danger, intrigue, serious reading.
Liz, it's illogical to think they could get along. Again, Jason has the exact same problem Mitch had. Too different. So how can you possibly say it's not a problem when Connie already confirmed it is?
The differences are there. Any signs of love aren't.
Which is because love is based on uniformity. On similarity.
There's no getting around that. Yes, you can have a lot of different interests. But you have to some interests in common.
By and large, Jason and Connie don't.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:23 pm 
Chocolate Chip

Joined: Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:26 pm
Posts: 34
Gender: Female
But PF, wouldn't you say that Jason's given up those goals by moving back to Odyssey? There's not a whole lot of danger and intrigue in owning an antique shop. Hey, I'm not saying that Jason and Connie should be a couple. I'm just saying that your reason has some holes in it. Plus, I like playing devil's advocate.

_________________
My blog: http://aiothoughts.blogspot.com/


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:30 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
Perhaps, Vic. But that's pure speculation until we actually see Jason in 58.. Also, who knows how long that will last. Long enough for Connie to fall madly in love with Jason and for them to start dating in whirl of romance? Not likely.
And if Jason does stick with antiques... how is antiques conducive to romance? Since when does Connie like antiques? Why would Connie suddenly have more in common with Jason because he sells old vases?
Surely you won't contend that Connie is an antiques person. Have you ever heard get excited over a fifty year old piece of China?
If anything, Connie and Jason now have less in common than ever.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:31 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm
Posts: 4943
Location: Spoilers!
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
how is antiques conducive to romance?


Is this a serious question? In my opinion, antiques are QUITE romantic.

_________________
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, & Catspaw of the SS~
~"They moved Christmas of 2016 to 2017 for tax purposes." - Tea Ess~


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:33 pm 
Coffee Biscotti
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jun 30, 2012 6:45 pm
Posts: 3328
Location: Kidsboro
Gender: Male
... Um... How passionate. Well, remind me to get you an old chair for you birthday.
Anyhow, I know you were partly joking. But for what it's worth, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I SAID.

_________________
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 3:46 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm
Posts: 4943
Location: Spoilers!
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
... Um... How passionate. Well, remind me to get you an old chair for you birthday.
Anyhow, I know you were partly joking. But for what it's worth, THAT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH WHAT I SAID.


......Umm.... I was? Not exactly..... were you joking? I was just pointing out something with what you said...

_________________
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, & Catspaw of the SS~
~"They moved Christmas of 2016 to 2017 for tax purposes." - Tea Ess~


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Mon May 27, 2013 4:06 pm 
Mint Chocolate Chip
User avatar

Joined: Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:19 pm
Posts: 2082
Location: Neverland, usually hanging out with Peter Pan.
Gender: Female
"Oh, yes, Jason. I will marry you. Along with your 18th century swords and 16th vases. All this glorious old treasure. It makes my heart sing. *Falls in Jason's arms*"

Somehow, I don't see this happening... Image

Just for the record, I'm totally kidding with this entire thing. I just couldn't resist a good sarcastic remark. *Whistles*

_________________
Image


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:34 am 
Fudge Marble
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 02, 2013 1:30 am
Posts: 844
Location: In the Village
Gender: Female
Pound Foolish wrote:
Why, thank you Vic. I like to think of myself as a shameless romantic. And I have to admit, it would be nice in many ways if Jason married Tasha. But I have my heart set on Monica.
Ameraca, your opinions on AIO are always very strong and well-thought out. But in this rare case, you're wrong.
You, "don't have to be similar to be a good couple"...
Of course not. Why shouldn't a reindeer fall in love with a purple alien?
We can agree there is in fact a line where dissimilarities become a problem. But it seems you have an incorrect idea of where that line is. You go ahead and assume any difference can be overcome by love. But love can't. Because love is aroused by similarities. J+C proponents never tire of the saying, "opposites attract."
True. But you don't marry someone because you're an architect and your date is a wrecking-ball worker. You marry someone because, say, you love books and someone else loves books. If you adored to write but someone else couldn't understand your passion, would you be likely to fall in love with him?
And of course, relationships have to be based on one particular similarity: Christianity.
Also, Connie left Mitch because their differences held them apart. "I was terrified." Connie earnestly explains to Mitch, who thinks danger is fun.
You do have to have things in common for love to work.
Opposites attract. But similarities hold lovers together.


Well, I guess my parents should have gotten divorced a long time ago, then. Seriously, they have almost nothing in common, except God and us kids and a common house. Oh, and a long history of good and bad times together. They were much more similar when they got married, but then Dad stopped doing the things Mom liked to do. They could have called it quits. But they didn't. Why? Because of Commitment. "Till death do us part" and all that.
I do believe it's best if people have commonalities; personally, I don't want to marry someone who is the exact opposite of me. I want to have a lot of common interests. But the most important similarities are, as you said, Christianity--shared faith. And commitment to each other, no matter what happens. Oh, and Love I suppose might be a good one to throw in there. ;)
I believe Jason and Connie have/have the potential to have these most important characteristics of a successful relationship.
There. That's probably all I'm going to say because I don't want to get into a big fat debate. I hate debates but sometimes I feel strongly about something I have to put in my two (or fewer) cents.

_________________
Avatar by Laura Hollingsworth (thesilvereye)

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 5:21 pm 
Raspberry Ripple
User avatar

Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2012 11:23 pm
Posts: 692
Gender: Female
Some people say Jason should get married to Connie. I disagree. Mitch should have started dating that lady who pretended to be Jessica Brown in Something Old, Something New Parts 1 and 2 but the lady married Jason instead so Mitch decided to marry Connie! And they would live happily ever after...

_________________
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:18 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Gulf Of Oman, either that or Karkand
Gender: Male
Well, I don't think he should marry Connie, DUH!!
But I think they should make Tasha get saved, and then marry Jason.
Here is my plan:
Tasha is on another secret mission, and she gets captured, and after a series of torturing and things going wrong, she realizes she can't do it alone, and she remembers all the things that Jason told her, so she tries it, she prays and asks God if he is real, to help her, and then miracle after miracle happens and she sees Jesus in a vision, she gets out and finds Jason right as he was about to find her (He heard form the agency that she was caught, and rushes to save her.) and she asks Jason to help her be saved.
Good plan right?
I love it when a good plan comes together. So I want our AIO Focus on the Family representative to take this up to AIO HQ, in Col. and pitch this idea.
So, Get on with it, Davai! as we say in Mama russia!

And not Monica, she has nothing to do with Jason, it just wouldn't seem right.

_________________

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:26 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 09, 2012 4:06 pm
Posts: 4943
Location: Spoilers!
Gender: Female
NateVONgreat wrote:
So I want our AIO Focus on the Family representative to take this up to AIO HQ, in Col. and pitch this idea.


We have one of these? =O

_________________
Image
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, & Catspaw of the SS~
~"They moved Christmas of 2016 to 2017 for tax purposes." - Tea Ess~


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:43 pm 
Cookies & Creme
User avatar

Joined: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:09 pm
Posts: 239
Location: Gulf Of Oman, either that or Karkand
Gender: Male
Well, if we don't, we need one!
Any volunteers?
(I heard the founder of the site works there, If we could just somehow get him to appoint someone there to be our ambassador, that does things like this.)

_________________

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Jason: Tasha, Monica, or... CONNIE?!?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:55 pm 
Caramel Crunch
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:14 pm
Posts: 112
Location: waiting for a madman with a box
Gender: Female
CONNIE!!! Connie all the way!

Connie+Jason

_________________
Raggedy Man I remember you, and you are late for my wedding!


Top
Offline Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 141 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Theme created StylerBB.net