Mitch and Connie/Mitch and Maureen

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!

which couple do you think is better together?

Mitch and Connie :P
52%
Mitch and Maureen :P
48%

Total votes: 33

HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

Katerina Meltsner wrote:
HannahJ. wrote:I think it's unpure of them to break up... They were amazing together!!
Thats for SURE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AMEN!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:I haven't heard Something Old, Something New, Parts 1 & 2 yet, so could somebody explain why almost everybody hates Maureen? Is there any REAL reason to hate her?
Umm...do you really want to know?
Why haven't you heard it yet, Old Judge? You can just go on Whit's End.org or Faio and hear it. Also, there is no real reason to hate Maureen. People just want Connie to get married, and since Mitch was heroic, likeable character, people are determined not to like anyone who gets married to. It's just the truth. I would like to say that I am not one of the people who really wants Mitch to come back and marry Connie. In fact, I voted for Mitch and Maureen. They are truly a better couple. And though the fans might not be happier, Mitch is.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Wooton Bassett wrote:
The Old Judge wrote:I haven't heard Something Old, Something New, Parts 1 & 2 yet, so could somebody explain why almost everybody hates Maureen? Is there any REAL reason to hate her?
Well I found it weird that with the novacom saga Mitch is like "I love you Connie. Lets get married. I'd never get married to anyone else." But then when he comes back in Album 55 it seems he hardly knows Connie. Maureen is just plain weird.
And when Mitch comes back, they talk about how they've missed each other, and how Mitch really doesn't want to leave Connie again, but then Connie hasn't heard from Mitch in years. I think they should have just left Mitch on the other side of the world, though, instead of bringing him back just to marry him to somebody else. It's just mean, I think.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

CreativeThinker101 wrote:
suzylou wrote:
Umm...do you really want to know?
Why haven't you heard it yet, Old Judge? You can just go on Whit's End.org or Faio and hear it. Also, there is no real reason to hate Maureen. People just want Connie to get married, and since Mitch was heroic, likeable character, people are determined not to like anyone who gets married to. It's just the truth. I would like to say that I am not one of the people who really wants Mitch to come back and marry Connie. In fact, I voted for Mitch and Maureen. They are truly a better couple. And though the fans might not be happier, Mitch is.

I like Mitch and Connie much better than Mitch and Maureen. I don't know why the AIO characters had to put me through hearing that Mitch and Connie weren't getting married.
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

Which three people voted for Mitch and Maureen? Your nuts. Nuts, why theirs cashews and alm...
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

Mitch was the BEST character!!!!!
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

C-guy wrote:Which three people voted for Mitch and Maureen? Your nuts. Nuts, why theirs cashews and alm...

I know I voted Mitch and Connie.
Katerina Meltsner
Emily is ANNOYING
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:Which three people voted for Mitch and Maureen? Your nuts. Nuts, why theirs cashews and alm...
I voted for Mitch and Maureen and I hate cashews!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Same here (on both the vote and cashews...lol)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

suzylou wrote:
Same here (on both the vote and cashews...lol)
Yay, someone who thinks like I do! C-guy, you're nuts for voting for Mitch and Connie! It wasn't God's will for them to be together.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

I voted for Mitch and Maureen. I think the reason that most people don't like Maureen is the same reason why a lot of teen girls don't like Selena Gomez, because she is dating Justin Beiber. The reason they don't like her is silly, same with Maureen.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I voted for Mitch and Maureen. I think the reason that most people don't like Maureen is the same reason why a lot of teen girls don't like Selena Gomez, because she is dating Justin Beiber. The reason they don't like her is silly, same with Maureen.
Very good point. My thoughts exactly. Wow, I think this is my 300th post! I'd better get off!
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Godsgirl6153 wrote:I voted for Mitch and Maureen. I think the reason that most people don't like Maureen is the same reason why a lot of teen girls don't like Selena Gomez, because she is dating Justin Beiber. The reason they don't like her is silly, same with Maureen.
This is so SO true!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Good point. In addition to your statement, I believe that a lot of people hampering for Mitch's return are also the people who didn't like him coming back with Maureen. I am not trying to offend anyone, but it just shows what can happen when we try to run the show.

My main issue with the episode was not Maureen, but the 'detective agency'. Emily and Matthew do not belong here. They were forced into an episode way over their heads. If you want to see my views on the subject (you probably don't) just see the spoiler below. I didn't want to take up space for something that is not entirely related to the subject at hand.
...As for the Parkers, they capture the sometimes chaotic lifestyle a family must deal with, but not at the sacrifice of sincere conversation...Also, AiO seems more and more inclined to provide the characters with a 'special talent'. Penny's talent seems rather realistic in its execution and introduction, but Emily and Matthew's 'detective skills' seem utterly unrealistic and contrived. In the real world, we don't simply introduce ourselves that way. "Hello, nice to meet you. My name is _______, and I love to tinker. Tinker, Tinker, Tinker....". What if, instead, as we grow to know a character, we also naturally learn of their talents? I believe that Penny's painting seems authentic, whereas Emily's detectiving is without rhyme or reason. With Penny, we hear the styles and names of painters, we hear of different scenes and eras. Emily seems to come to conclusions randomly, and she uses no logic whatsoever. Unlike Penny, Emily never actually WORKS for her skills, rather, she stumbles upon them. What if, instead, she read up on Sherlock Holmes, and dropped hints and reasons on how to recognize clues, instead of making it seem so easy.

Anyway, I would have to say that I am growing to enjoy the Parkers more and more. I have some issues with the presentation of the 'detective work' and 'tinkering', but overall, they are worth listening to.
T.S. (myself)
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

T.S. (myself) wrote:Good point. In addition to your statement, I believe that a lot of people hampering for Mitch's return are also the people who didn't like him coming back with Maureen. I am not trying to offend anyone, but it just shows what can happen when we try to run the show.

My main issue with the episode was not Maureen, but the 'detective agency'. Emily and Matthew do not belong here. They were forced into an episode way over their heads.
Yeah, I think since E & M hadn't been in Album 55 at all, they wanted to put them in the last episode, so fans wouldn't think they were gone forever. They did seem out of place.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I'll put this as nicely as possible... DEATH TO MAUREEN! You don't think that was as nicely as possible? You should hear what I really want to say. :) And cashews are good. Seriously though, Kathy Buchanan/Werringa goofed on this one. Mitch suddenly pops up, just by coincidence, to investigate Jacques Henri? WITH MAUREEN? Please. Too much demand for suspension of belief there. More importantly, she never has a chance to develop, much less get us to like her. We barely hear her. And most of what we hear is her pretending to be an art rogue. And, for crying out loud, she almost killed Eugene! Sorry, I got un-serious again. OK, back to serious for a minute: the Jones and Parker Detective Agency weren't in over their heads. It wasn't as if they had any proof for the police, it made total sense for them to be investigating (though I'm sure the AIO team was a really pushing to get them in, yes.) Finally: I'm a guy. So, God's Girl, there's a lot more to this going on than jealousy. At least, I hope so... :) And who'd want Bieber? He's the cause of all those horrible looking imitations of his hair sweeping the male population. Selena Gomez... sigh... she's a bit cute. ;) Sorry, that's irrelevant. PS, as i mentioned you in this post, God's Girl, i went with a less blaring color just for you! ;)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Pound Foolish wrote:I'll put this as nicely as possible... DEATH TO MAUREEN! You don't think that was as nicely as possible? You should hear what I really want to say. :) And cashews are good. Seriously though, Kathy Buchanan/Werringa goofed on this one. Mitch suddenly pops up, just by coincidence, to investigate Jacques Henri? WITH MAUREEN? Please. Too much demand for suspension of belief there. More importantly, she never has a chance to develop, much less get us to like her. We barely hear her. And most of what we hear is her pretending to be an art rogue. And, for crying out loud, she almost killed Eugene! Sorry, I got un-serious again. OK, back to serious for a minute: the Jones and Parker Detective Agency weren't in over their heads. It wasn't as if they had any proof for the police, it made total sense for them to be investigating (though I'm sure the AIO team was a really pushing to get them in, yes.) Finally: I'm a guy. So, God's Girl, there's a lot more to this going on than jealousy. At least, I hope so... :) And who'd want Bieber? He's the cause of all those horrible looking imitations of his hair sweeping the male population. Selena Gomez... sigh... she's a bit cute. ;) Sorry, that's irrelevant. PS, as i mentioned you in this post, God's Girl, i went with a less blaring color just for you! ;)
My thoughts exactly! (Besides the part about Selena :D . She can have Bieber for all I care)
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Suzy Lou Foolish
Peanut Butter Cup

Pound Foolish wrote:I'll put this as nicely as possible... DEATH TO MAUREEN! You don't think that was as nicely as possible? You should hear what I really want to say. :) And cashews are good. Seriously though, Kathy Buchanan/Werringa goofed on this one. Mitch suddenly pops up, just by coincidence, to investigate Jacques Henri? WITH MAUREEN? Please. Too much demand for suspension of belief there. More importantly, she never has a chance to develop, much less get us to like her. We barely hear her. And most of what we hear is her pretending to be an art rogue. And, for crying out loud, she almost killed Eugene! Sorry, I got un-serious again. OK, back to serious for a minute: the Jones and Parker Detective Agency weren't in over their heads. It wasn't as if they had any proof for the police, it made total sense for them to be investigating (though I'm sure the AIO team was a really pushing to get them in, yes.) Finally: I'm a guy. So, God's Girl, there's a lot more to this going on than jealousy. At least, I hope so... :) And who'd want Bieber? He's the cause of all those horrible looking imitations of his hair sweeping the male population. Selena Gomez... sigh... she's a bit cute. ;) Sorry, that's irrelevant. PS, as i mentioned you in this post, God's Girl, i went with a less blaring color just for you! ;)
I do wish we could have gotten to know Maureen a little better before Mitch just popped up out of the blue and says he's getting married to her.
And what are you talking about? Beiber's hair is beautiful! Just kidding, just kidding. :D
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

underseasie wrote:
My thoughts exactly! (Besides the part about Selena :D . She can have Bieber for all I care)
Exactly. I wonder how Selena felt when she heard that Bieber might have I not going to mention here.
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

gabbygirl17 wrote:
suzylou wrote:To be honest, I don't really hate her...I'm just sad that there is no longer a Connie and Mitch:( But oh well...
yeah same here......
Same here!!!!
Katerina Meltsner
Emily is ANNOYING