Your Favorite Ships

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

AshleyWhittaker wrote:I've always said that if Whit was 30+ years younger, he'd marry Connie. *hides*
By today's societal standards, Ashley, your dream could come true without Whit being thirty years younger. People do that in everincreasing numbers nowadays. \:D/
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Connie and Rodney (Connidney)
Olivia and Jay (Joliviay)
Jules and Buck (Julbuck)
Jason and whatever-her-name-is from "Best Laid Plans"
Whit and Doris (Doritw) (The "W" is silent)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote: whatever-her-name-is from "Best Laid Plans"
Amy. ;) I liked them for a little while too, until she disappeared....

Connie and Rodney, eh??? That's an interesting ship.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
RyanCummings
Strawberry

What about the most obvious of all? It has been right in front of everyone this whole time...

Buck/Emily

Sure, everyone expects Matthew to marry Emily. They are childhood friends after all. But Matthew will probably grow up to be a world famous inventor and be more focused on that. Even now he sounds like a hopeless NON romantic.

But SPOILER ALERT:

Buck is back in town, and trying to make everything right. He is attempting to be nice to everyone, which means his friendships around Odyssey will only grow.

Or, if Emily doesn't work out, Buck/Olivia would be interesting. Especially since the ship-mix-up name would be BOLIVIA.

So, yeah. Give it 30 years or so of AIO, and Buck will have married Emily or Olivia.

Of course, if he marries Olivia, her name will be Olivia Oliver...

~~~Ryan Matlock: Youtuber, producer of the World Famous Odyssey podcast, writing assistant to Brock Eastman, and SUPER AIO fan.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Is it bad that I have a bit of a soft spot for Buck/Olivia? They've never even met in canon, but my love for a similar concept for a pairing from another show has given me the idea.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:Is it bad that I have a bit of a soft spot for Buck/Olivia? They've never even met in canon, but my love for a similar concept for a pairing from another show has given me the idea.
Bolivia! ;)
What show?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

I really have a thing for Kai and Jinora from Legend of Korra. She's smart, reserved, sensible, and a daddy's girl; he's a street orphan and a thief who ends up joining the Krew after a change of heart (there's more to it than that, but it would be spoilers and I know you were thinking about watching the show). Obviously Olivia and Buck are different from Kai and Jinora, but the "good girl falls for reforming and atoning ex-bad boy" trope might be common to both, depending on in what direction Buck's character development goes.
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

How about.... get ready to be amazed.... Rodney and SARAH!!! Haaaa :D
Proud K.R.E Member
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

How about Connie and Richard Maxwell?
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Ha! JH that's a good one!
Proud K.R.E Member
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Also, CT, Buck and Jules could be referred to as Bules. (Pronounced "bulls," one could even spell it as such, making it one of the few relationship names that is actually a word.)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

I don't know, I'm kind of shipping Jules/Buck. Emily around Buck is just annoying. Though I can totally see Olivia/Buck.

(BTW, Tigershadow, is LOK good? I've seen ATLA, and am thinking about starting it.)
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Totes shipping Whinnie. <3 (Whit and Connie)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Audrey wrote:I don't know, I'm kind of shipping Jules/Buck. Emily around Buck is just annoying. Though I can totally see Olivia/Buck.
Is it bad that they've never interacted and yet Olivia/Buck is becoming one of my favorite ships?
Audrey wrote:(BTW, Tigershadow, is LOK good? I've seen ATLA, and am thinking about starting it.)
YES. 300000000x YES. It's very different from A:tLA, though, just to forewarn you. It's much more serialized and plot-driven and it definitely pulls no punches in terms of "mature" themes; to put it in a non-spoilery way, some rather...unpleasant things happen to the characters, both good and evil. Korra is also a very different character from Aang, and her story reflects that; her journey is more about finding balance within herself and learning what being the Avatar really means, while Aang's was all about bringing balance because he was the Avatar. (Personally, I find Korra to be much realer as a character because of it, but that's just me. =/)

Additionally, I should warn you that Book One might feel a bit too neatly wrapped up, but that's because originally, those first twelve episodes were all we were supposed to get. Book Two, and then later Books Three and Four, weren't greenlit until after production for Book One was well underway. Book Two also had some issues, both with writing and with animation, and Korra's behavior may seem annoying at first, but there are very good reasons and she gets better. I say these things not to give you a pessimistic view from the start, but just to give you some context.

...Anyway, back to AIO shipping. If I spend more time enthusing about LoK, I'll write a three-page long essay, probably.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Nelson S. wrote:Totes shipping Whinnie. <3 (Whit and Connie)
High five, bro. They're totally meant for each other. \:D/ However, I like the sound of "Whonnie" much better. :)

Anyway, the idea of "Bules", as TOJ calls it, is really growing on me. It'd certainly be much better than Emily and Buck (And believe me, that's not just because I hate Emily. The truth is, they have no chemistry, and Jules and Buck sort of do).
Last edited by ArnoldtheRubberDucky on Tue Oct 14, 2014 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

You people are totally weird. I agree with almost none of them Bules is the only one.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset