Connie + Jason Club

If it ships, it fits! Think Jennie is a match made in heaven? Think Jason and Tasha are meant to be? Here's where to discuss your OTP!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Because people are allowed to want what they want without anyone's personal stamp of approval? ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

And because you don't KNOW it will never happen. I'm hoping for as long as I can. :) And not letting people stomp on my dreams.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

How about if Jason marrys AshleyWhittaker? :D :D
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

John Henry wrote:How about if Jason marrys AshleyWhittaker? :D :D
YES. YES. PLEASE.

Actually no. He's too old for me, and as Connie said it, "My interests are elsewhere." xD
Besides, CONNIE AND JASON IS MY OTP. So there.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

No, they make a character called Ashley Whittaker, and make the character something like 40...:D
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

OTP? What's that mean?
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

TV Tropes describes it better than I.
TV Tropes wrote:The One True Pairing (usually abbreviated as OTP, not to be confused with OOTP or OotP) is the couple that a fan or group of fans prefers over all other 'ships. Canon and logic do not necessarily apply, and crossover OTPs are not uncommon.

The degrees to which this is taken varies wildly. It can mean anything from "I just like Drakken/Shego best" to "I won't read Fan Fic that pairs Anya and Xander with anyone but each other" to "Cloud always and still loves Aerith and they made love to each other in the flower field at the end of the movie", to the extreme "All the canon evidence that Harry and Hermione are not going to get together is a lie spread by the Ron/Hermione 'shippers, who must be stopped before their evil destroys the universe".

OTP shipping wars are second only to Subbing versus Dubbing for heat and violence. The degree of fanaticism displayed for a particular OTP may be proportional to their distance from the Official Couple and/or the Word of God for the work in question.

In some cases, holding their preferred characters to completely different standards than the official pairing is an excellent mark of OTP shippers. If someone argues that you need to show that X and Y got married to prove they're in love, and the rings on their fingers don't count, but they know that X and Z love each other because of 'chemistry', they're definitely defending their OTP.

It is technically possible for a person to have multiple OTPs, just with no overlap between them.

Some people refer to their favourite threesome ship by the similar term One True Threesome, or OT 3. Or really, "OT" appended with any number if they're even more ambitious with the number of people involved.

BroTP is used as a term for non-romantic OTPs.

Often the term "OTP" is used sarcastically in parody of shipping, especially if it involves an unconventional pairing (such as the ever-popular ChadxFloor OTP), or a character and their favorite food ("Hiro/Waffles OTP"), etc etc.
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Oh. Thanks.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
John Henry wrote:How about if Jason marrys AshleyWhittaker? :D :D
YES. YES. PLEASE.

Actually no. He's too old for me, and as Connie said it, "My interests are elsewhere." xD
Besides, CONNIE AND JASON IS MY OTP. So there.
Well, I am in my 20s, so theoretically.... I wouldn't mind someone in their late 30s or early 40s if they're as awesome as Jason.
I do hate saying what my age is because then people have certain expectations.... the great thing about the Internet, you can say what you mean --it's all you and your exact thoughts, and people don't have any preconceptions about what you should be. So many can come together with common interests, even if they're across the country etc....anyway
So, where do your interests lie, Ashley? ;)

But yeah, they're my OTP too. I wouldn't want to come between them.
I remember when I first heard that term-not that long ago, and wondered what it was.

Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Wait, who is your OTP?
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Ameraka wrote: So, where do your interests lie, Ashley? ;)
They lie about 2 hours away in a Seminary residence. xD

Yeah, it took me a while before I knew what shipping and OTPs were. I think the first person I heard use the term "shipping" was Audrey.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Yeah, and I STILL don't get it!! :lol:
:?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

What don't you get about it? The Shipping Doctors are in. \:D/
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

THAT'S what I don't get!!!

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

What's what you don't get? :?
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

@Natalie: If you're asking about what OTPs and shipping are:
Shipping is basically just if you really, REALLY want two characters to be together (romantically or not). Like I ship Connie and Jason. And I ship them romantically. I ship John Watson and Sherlock as a BroTP, or platonically. Which means I don't ship them romantically, just in the best-friends kind of way. And if I have a bunch of ships on Odyssey, but I shipped Connie and Jason the hardest, or I wanted them to be together the most, they would be my OTP.
Capish?
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Oh, Ok. I heard what an OTP was, but shipping...? thanks for the clue-in
now you have just introduced a new word I don't know: capish.:?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It's actually spelled "capeesh"; I've also seen it "capisce". It means "do you understand?".
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Oh. down here you would just say 'savvy'

Ameraka
Fudge Marble

TigerShadow wrote:It's actually spelled "capeesh"; I've also seen it "capisce". It means "do you understand?".
It's Italian.

Shipping comes from relationship (if you didn't already know that. ;) I didn't when I first heard it)