It is currently Fri Jul 20, 2018 8:15 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mafia - The Cruel Cookie Mafia
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:37 am 
Coffee Biscotti

With regards to GJFH being the Spy, remember that she received both mafia names and got to send a clue to the Inspector (Agent.Monty.Whittaker):

Quote:
Spy:
You will know the identities of all the mafia, however, they do not know who you are. However, you are not permitted to reveal their role to the residents. In the case of a simple majority, you count as a townie. You will send one clue each day to the Inspector, but you are not allowed to disclose any hints at any point (alive or dead) until the game is over!

Working theory: GJFH voted for Katie10 for self-preservation, then changes her vote to TheDoctor once it’s clear she’s out of danger. She provided him being inactive as an excuse, since she wasn’t allowed to role-claim. At some point during the round, she sends her clue to Agent.Monty.Whittaker. This probably happened around the time she made her first post (not counting sign ups) in this thread on June 28th. I realize the next part is a little convoluted, but I’m trying to make sense of it since we know Monty was the Inspector and at one point got a clue about one of the Mafia. I’m guessing the clue is relatively vague and didn’t give him 100% certainty about who the Mafia member was.

Agent.Monty.Whittaker votes for Katie10 first to get the round rolling. He receives the clue from GJFH and changes his vote to MonkeyDude based on the clue. Later, he realizes GJFH is in danger of being lynched, so he changes his vote to Katie10 to save her “I want to save GJ so I will change my vote back to vote:Katie10.” When it’s clear GJFH is no longer in danger, Monty changes his vote to me, based on my behavior (checking PMs and not posting yet). After I pointed out out that checking PMs doesn’t mean I’m the Mafia, he changed his vote back to MonkeyDude. So he was trying to decide between the probability of the clue being right (MonkeyDude) and what he viewed as suspicious behavior from another possible member of the mafia (me), ultimately deciding on the former.

So this is actually a pretty clear vindication of Katie10 in my book. GJFH knew the names of the Mafia and yet decided not to vote for Katie even though there were a lot of votes against her. This also means that TheDoctor is a very likely candidate for the Mafia. If we take the Inspector into account, I propose that Monty 1) received the clue since GJFH was active 2) did not have 100% certainty based on the clue 3) ultimately decided the most probable answer to the clue was MonkeyDude.

Other thoughts: John Henry in his first post tried to defend TheDoctor, and accused GJFH. The John Wayne clue could point to him, and he was also well known back in the day for debating about long hair (Rapunzel)? He could be an alternate possibility for the Mafia.

MnM being linked to the chocolate is possible, but I feel like that’s a stretch considering it’s a game about the Cookie Mafia and references to chocolate might not be clues. :P

In my view, the top candidates are:

1) TheDoctor
2) MonkeyDude
3) John Henry

Vote: TheDoctor

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:26 am 
Peach Cobbler

PennyBassett wrote:
*Warning: Agitated nerd ranting to follow: Um, actually "Dr. Who" isn't a movie, it's a TV show. It's also Doctor Who not Dr. Who, and btw his name is The Doctor. Not Doctor Who. Why you ask? WELL BECAUSE THAT NAME WOULD MAKE NO SENSE TO HAVE! And his screwdriver doesn't shoot bullets, (or anything like it) because it's a screwdriver. And Peter Capaldi is a worthy Doctor, and if you'd just give him a chance :cry: you'd see that. AND FOR ANOTHER THING...

I'm voting for MnM

The Doctor is a main character in Doctor Who. However, movie clue having a link to Doctor Who is just speculation. I voted for The Doctor because of GJ.

TheDoctor wrote:
Thank you kindly miss Penny. I was gone for like two days and I become the number 1# suspect? Literally, none of the clues point to me. I have a large knowledge of Doctor Who and I can't remember a single episode that had to do with chocolate? Also, killing someone who voted for you is literally the dumbest mistake a mafia can make. In fact, in my experience, it is best to kill someone who tried to kill someone else therefor placing them as a suspect. Also, MnM seemed to jump on the bandwagon of voting for me pretty quickly. Blend in with the crowd much? I vote for MnM, the clues seem to point to them the most.

I Vote For MnM.'

Just because you're gone doesn't necessarily mean you're innocent. :noway: Plus, the clues could be fake, but I doubt GJ's suspicions are. You said "killing someone who voted for you is literally the dumbest mistake a mafia can make." Maybe, but maybe you killed GJ figuring out you can escape using this logic.

Tea Ess wrote:
Other thoughts: John Henry in his first post tried to defend TheDoctor, and accused GJFH. The John Wayne clue could point to him, and he was also well known back in the day for debating about long hair (Rapunzel)? He could be an alternate possibility for the Mafia.
Vote: TheDoctor

Actually, I did not endeavour to exactly defend The Doctor at the beginning. I just noted that as a fact by checking whether anyone was inactive during the time of the killing. I thought that shnoodlec was dead, and that whoever killed her was not The Doctor, but someone else, and I thought this might be helpful. I did not realize that Belle had given a head start.

My top suspects
1.The Doctor - I have explained this already.
2.Penny Bassett - She defends The Doctor whom I believe is probably a Mafia member. I suspect she is inexperienced, and an experienced mafia would not do that or will do it more cleverly than she did.
3.MonkeyDude - Monty suspected him. That's interesting.

Last edited by John Henry on Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:09 am 
Pistachio

Hey guys thx for lynching me :mrgreen: I told you you would regret lynching me, I would have been a help(I think with this being my 4th mafia game and be mafia 2 of those times, one with Tea and SirWhit the other with Bells and PennyBassett and being the inspector in peril in peculiar.) I think, but I'm dead :mad: :cry: :boohoo:
Welp see y'all later \:D/

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 11:57 am 
Caramel Crunch

RIP GJFH and Monty (My condolences).
Sorry for not being more active, it's been a busy week.
I think the 'John' thing is a false clue to throw us off, That would be too predictable and easy, However, I looked more into it and the movie in the picture was called 'Hondo'. The 2 men in the picture are; John Wayne as Hondo, and Ward Bond(who was the cop in 'It's a Wonderful Life') as Buffalo Baker. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that this scene was a bar fight and this is just a guess but I believe the man they are both looking at is Leo Gordon as Ed Lowe. And what does this prove... In MnM's Q&A, she said she had never eaten buffalo wings! Aha!

Also, a ton of evidence points to Kati10 but Tea Ess made a good point so I really don't know.

I'm going to VOTE:MnM if i am wrong i am sorry i am just done i spent far too long looking for stuff and this was the only thing i found forgive me

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:45 am 
Peach Cobbler

MonkeyDude wrote:
I think the 'John' thing is a false clue to throw us off, That would be too predictable and easy, However, I looked more into it and the movie in the picture was called 'Hondo'. The 2 men in the picture are; John Wayne as Hondo, and Ward Bond(who was the cop in 'It's a Wonderful Life') as Buffalo Baker. I'm not entirely sure but I believe that this scene was a bar fight and this is just a guess but I believe the man they are both looking at is Leo Gordon as Ed Lowe. And what does this prove... In MnM's Q&A, she said she had never eaten buffalo wings! Aha!

Also, a ton of evidence points to Kati10 but Tea Ess made a good point so I really don't know.

I'm going to VOTE:MnM if i am wrong i am sorry i am just done i spent far too long looking for stuff and this was the only thing i found forgive me

A ton of evidence against Katie? O.o That's strange. Also, one of your interests happens to be Dallas Cowboys. :roll:

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:39 pm 
Caramel Crunch

John Henry wrote:
MonkeyDude wrote:

A ton of evidence against Katie? O.o That's strange. Also, one of your interests happens to be Dallas Cowboys. :roll:

All true. ;)
With Katie most of the evidence I believe is a bit too obvious but I don't think we should just discard it.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:16 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Vote tally
4. TheDoctor
3. Mnm

Laughter is the best medicine.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:06 pm 
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

First, a quick note. Katie10 has already asked that y’all please include the “e” in her name, yet y’all are ignoring her. I know it can be hard to remember, but she has asked you nicely to spell it correctly. Please do so.

“Welcome fellow defenders of the law. Today, I have only good news to bring! You voted to kill off TheDoctor, and indeed, he was a member of the mafia! Congratulations!

Additionally, no one was killed during the night. Maybe we’re close to defeating the Cookie Mafia after all!

Also, our forensic guys scoured over the crime scene where GJFH was killed. They found a maple leaf on the ground next to the tub. Perhaps it was stuck to the killer’s shoe.

Alive Citizens:
John Henry
Katie10
MnM
MonkeyDude
Tea Ess
PennyBassett

Deceased Citizens:
Agent.MontyWhittaker - Inspector, Bulletproof Member
GJFH - Spy
TheDoctor - Mafia

You have until NOON CST July 10th to place your votes.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:54 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Weee! Yes we did it. Well at least one.The maple leaf clue i have no idea about. I did look at everyone's profile and everyone that is alive has been here today so I guess the mafia just went silent.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:39 pm 
Pistachio

Yay, you avenged me. Also :clap: To The doctor he didn't seems suspicious in the least bit.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:45 am 
Peach Cobbler

I look at the profiles and see that the only one who has not been around after Belle posted is PennyBassett. This could explain why there were no kills last night. She also stuck up for The Doctor who turned out to be a mafia. I therefore Vote: PennyBassett

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 10:30 am 
Caramel Crunch

John Henry wrote:
I look at the profiles and see that the only one who has not been around after Belle posted is PennyBassett. This could explain why there were no kills last night. She also stuck up for The Doctor who turned out to be a mafia. I therefore Vote: PennyBassett

That's fair. Maybe we could try and figure out which clues pointed to TheDocter so we could see which ones point to the other person.
I'm currently going to keep my Vote:MnM

I also found this but I'm thinking it is a false clue.
Tea Ess wrote:
I tend to like darker green, but the color of the sun shining through maple leaves might be my favorite.

From the T.s Q&A

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 12:25 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Location: Probably in the green room... and if not, then with my stuffed platypus... sometimes it's both.
John Henry wrote:

Oh okay so I'm not the mafia. Like I said, I have trouble keeping up. I guess I'll vote for MnM again.

"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 7:18 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

I'm going to vote for
Vote: Mnm
Because I really have no idea and she was my next highest suspect.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2018 8:20 pm 
Caramel Crunch

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:
Yay, you avenged me. Also :clap: To The doctor he didn't seems suspicious in the least bit.

*Shakes hand

TBH, you were a rly easy target. The town pulled out their torches immediately. But Thanks!

"If life is pain then I buried mine." -NF

"Please don't ask me how I've been
Don't make me play pretend
Oh what's the use
Please, I bet everybody here is fake happy too" -Paramore

"Every day, I worry all day
About what's waiting in the bushes of love." -Obi-Wan Kenobi

"Oh Mrs. Potato Head tell me,
Is it true that pain is beauty?" -Melanie Martinez

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 12:01 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Well, it looks like I have three votes against me at this point. My defense is that this is the The Cruel Cookie Mafia, and cookies are often related with chocolate. However, I did vote for Katie10 on the first day because of the cookies and ice cream, so I'm one to talk. :P
I'm going to:
[vote:PennyBassett]
For the reason that John Henry stated.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:20 pm 
Coffee Biscotti

You have to remember that GJFH specifically changed her vote from Katie10 to TheDoctor once she wasn’t worried about self-preservation. TheDoctor ended up being mafia, and imo GJFH would not have changed her vote if she knew Katie10 was also mafia.

With MnM, I just can’t believe she’d be guilty based on her username alone. I don’t think Belle would set someone up to fail like that. If there’s not anything else against her, I’m going to vote for PennyBassett, who is the more likely candidate of the two based on her login times. Vote: PennyBassett

I do think MonkeyDude should still be considered top candidate for Mafia now that TheDoctor is dead. I realize this is less certain than when we used GJFH’s vote, since Agent.Monty.Whittaker (The Inspector) only received a clue and not the Mafia’s names, but it says something that he ultimately voted for MonkeyDude.

MonkeyDude wrote:
I also found this but I'm thinking it is a false clue.
Tea Ess wrote:
I tend to like darker green, but the color of the sun shining through maple leaves might be my favorite.

This is from 2015. :P I’m not asking anyone to dismiss it entirely, but we shouldn’t put that much weight on terms in old posts. GJFH mentioned Rapunzel twice in her old posts, and even called herself Rapunzel-like, and we know she wasn’t Mafia.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:15 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Vote tally
tea Ess. Pennybassett
Mnm. Pennybassett
John Henry Pennybassett

Katie10. Mnm
Pennybassett. Mnm
Monkeydude. Mnm

voting loops
Pennybassett, Mnm

If you knew how long this took me you would roll your eyes and laugh. So I won't tell you.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:48 am 
Peach Cobbler

I think T.S. and MnM can be cleared. MnM voted against The Doctor and T. S. was the decisive vote against him. Katie10, I believe is fully clear. Right now, I'm most suspicious of PennyBassett and MonkeyDude. I believe it has to be one or the other.

Say, this might be helpful.
Day 1
Agent.MontyWhittaker > Katie10
John Henry > GJFH
Katie10 > GJFH
MonkeyDude > GJFH
Agent.MontyWhittaker (changevote) > MonkeyDude
GJFH > Katie10
MnM > Katie10
TheDoctor > Katie10
GJFH (changevote) > TheDoctor
TheDoctor (changevote) > Agent.MontyWhittaker
Katie10 (changevote) > Agent. MontyWhittaker
Agent.MontyWhittaker (changevote) > Tea Ess
Agent.MontyWhittaker (changevote) > MonkeyDude

Day 2
John Henry > TheDoctor
Katie10 > TheDoctor
PennyBassett > MnM
MnM > TheDoctor
TheDoctor > MnM
Tea Ess > TheDoctor
MonkeyDude > MnM

Day 3 (so far)
John Henry > PennyBassett
MonkeyDude > MnM
PennyBassett > MnM
Katie10 > MnM
MnM > PennyBassett
Tea Ess > Penny Bassett

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:50 pm 
Pistachio

Welp, I'll just give Tea Ess some apple pie.

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next