AIO Comic Project

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

AIO Comic Project

Hey guys! New person here! Some of you who hang out on the ToO know I like to draw, and do art stuff. I've been learning from artist Stephen Silver, who insists that I need to learn to draw humans. So- I'm going to kill many birds with one stone and do a scene from Adventures In Odyssey in motion comic form!
The scene I picked is from the Green Ring Conspiracy part 1, where Wally and Derk Begs meet for the first time at the Junkyard. This is where you guys come in- I have no idea what Wally or Derk look like! If you have a description, or a celebrity or a picture of someone that you think they look like, even remotely similar, put it down in the comments and I'll use it in the character development.

Why this scene from Odyssey? It's fresh ground. I want to be a character designer for a living, but I don't really have a good handle on humans. Derk and Wally have endless possibilities, unlike the main characters. We know what they look like (although I suppose I could renovate the recently renovated artwork, and I probably will eventually.)

What is a motion comic? Well, it's tough to define because it's not catching on in popularity real well. It's basically a comic book that has voices, effects, and music, and plays in a video so that the panels are transitioned for you. I'm doing this because I want to keep the original clip from the GRC, and because I have done several animation projects and to make them look good they take a very, very, very long time. Thus the comic. Expedient, efficient, and looks good.

So, that's the gist of it. I'll keep you guys updated on the development. Storyboarding is already done, and so I'm working on beginning the character design. It usually takes 4 weeks for me to design a character and I have absolutely no idea how long it will take to draw the entire scene from the episode, though my guess is three months. So, we'll see!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

And here's the approved version of Wally. So I obviously am still going to mess with it but now I move on to the rough turnaround of the head and work on the body and outfit.
So this is the product of like two weeks of messing with faces. I'm so lazy, in real production this takes 4-6 weeks.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I think his forehead and chin are a little too exaggerated... It looks good though!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Thanks, Jo March! It isn't a final design so I think I will work on your suggestion as I move forward.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

So if you couldn't tell (haha) I am shelving this for awhile because of the fact that I am still learning from artists, so now my portraiture work has turned into something much better, but I'm not done learning yet. :D by the time I actually get there it will be something along the lines of "much better", so hang in there. It's not like any of you actually care anyway, which is very convenient.

Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

This is cool! Who is it of? Wally?
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Jo March wrote:This is cool! Who is it of? Wally?
Haha no sorry I guess posting it in this thread would make that confusing. It's a portrait I did of the popular Christian artist Crowder. I was showing the example of how much I've improved and saying that when I get back to doing the comic project, things will be way better. :D
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

This looks great! It's digital I assume. What program do you use?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Wait--thats Crowder? I did not think he had long hair and beard, but okay! :) You did a great job!
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:This looks great! It's digital I assume. What program do you use?
Yeah I use Photoshop CC. Have to cough up money for it every year.

Oh yeah, Jo March, that's Crowder. He went for the hillbilly look to go along with his new band. IDK why but it's fun to draw.

MnM
Raspberry Ripple

That is incredible! Great job! :D
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, that's weird. You did a good job with the drawing though!
Jo March
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

This is so cool. I like what your working off for wally and I agree with Jo march about the chin for head thing.