The E.R.K. Plans to Write

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

The E.R.K. Plans to Write

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 6:13 pm
Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 01, 2020 5:46 pm
I'm trying to figure out something unique I could do with this klub for all the members. Something to rally everyone together into something fun, maybe. I dunno. I'll probably look back at all the past E.R.K. posts. If anybody has any ideas about something fun we could do with the klub, let me know!
Maybe we could do a collaboration fanfiction about Emily...would anyone here be interested? Perhaps we could try to get as close as possible to Let's Call the Whole Thing Off? I bet there are enough theories around here to do that (if there are no objections).
I wanted to do something fun for the E.R.K. and I asked you guys for advice. ASmouseInTheHouse brilliantly suggested we write a fanfic (or a script, it's not decided) for "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" and see how close we get to the actual episode that releases in December/January. The idea took off with klub members. I did express some confusion & concern about how we would facilitate a collaborative writing effort. I proposed doing a Skype group text/chat, but I need a consensus from E.R.K. members. Talk it up.

To those who may just wanna read the thing when it's finished: stay posted and we'll share it when it's finished.
Be the reason someone smiles today.
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

It is highly unlikely that I'll be able to join a Skype group...I think it's a great idea, but I probably won't be able to join if a chat is made.
My question is that if we make a chat or even just talk in this topic, is it possible to get everyone online at a certain time? It would be great if we could all work on it for a certain period of time a few times a week, but I'm not sure how everyone's schedule looks or what days/times they would be free.
Or...we could do what we've been doing: Post a few times a day at any random times in this topic about an outline for the story. Of course, the story will take longer to complete this way, but everyone will be free to add comments whenever they have time.
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

I'd prefer to stay on the SS. We can just use this topic to debate/discuss the storyline, theme, and other details about the episode. I'm sure working out the details about the material we're writing will take up most of our time, anyway. I don't see the need to move discussion somewhere else. When we actually start writing the thing, we can start a Google doc and begin writing.
Monica Stone wrote:
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:36 pm
if someone were to share a Google doc link for so the E.R.K. members could write & edit, literally anybody who stumbled across the topic could hit the link & edit it. A SS stalker, a troll, anybody.
To avoid this, we can PM each other the link.

And by the way, do we want to write this thing in a script format, or do we want to write it like a book? I vote script. I think that using script format would be easiest.

Or at least those are my thoughts on this. I'd like to know what everyone else thinks. :yes:
-Signed, PolehausFifty-three

Member of The Emily Rules Klub (est. 2012)

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:48 am
It is highly unlikely that I'll be able to join a Skype group...I think it's a great idea, but I probably won't be able to join if a chat is made.
My question is that if we make a chat or even just talk in this topic, is it possible to get everyone online at a certain time? It would be great if we could all work on it for a certain period of time a few times a week, but I'm not sure how everyone's schedule looks or what days/times they would be free.
Or...we could do what we've been doing: Post a few times a day at any random times in this topic about an outline for the story. Of course, the story will take longer to complete this way, but everyone will be free to add comments whenever they have time.
I understand if you can't do it. If those writing cannot do a group chat, it's not worth starting one for the purposes of writing. Having say, half of the members in a chat and half of them not in the chat would be a mess. We'll stick to whatever works for everybody. As for getting the members online at a certain time, it depends on everybody's schedules. There is absolutely no consistency with me on weekdays in the daytime, but in the evening/night EST, I can hop on the SS pretty consistently.

PMing the link to the doc is a good idea. It prevents vandalization. When we have a basic outline, I can create a doc that everybody could collaboratively work on. There's also a handy feature on Google docs that author comments can be added. It's a good way to be able to communicate for clarification on certain elements. When any potential issues or concerns are resolved, the notes can be removed.

Before we go further, are we writing LCTWTO as a script or a simple fanfic? With Polehaus, I'm also gravitating towards writing a script (it's more precise & closer to an actual episode), but I'm curious as to what everybody else thinks.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:43 pm
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:48 am
I understand if you can't do it. If those writing cannot do a group chat, it's not worth starting one for the purposes of writing. Having say, half of the members in a chat and half of them not in the chat would be a mess. We'll stick to whatever works for everybody. As for getting the members online at a certain time, it depends on everybody's schedules. There is absolutely no consistency with me on weekdays in the daytime, but in the evening/night EST, I can hop on the SS pretty consistently.

PMing the link to the doc is a good idea. It prevents vandalization. When we have a basic outline, I can create a doc that everybody could collaboratively work on. There's also a handy feature on Google docs that author comments can be added. It's a good way to be able to communicate for clarification on certain elements. When any potential issues or concerns are resolved, the notes can be removed.

Before we go further, are we writing LCTWTO as a script or a simple fanfic? With Polehaus, I'm also gravitating towards writing a script (it's more precise & closer to an actual episode), but I'm curious as to what everybody else thinks.
I'd like to write a script, partly because I know how to format an odyssey script correctly :lol:, which I can help with if you want.
Buckles shipper. Visit my Odyssey website at http://odyssey-news.com/.

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?
Jules: But your telling my what to wear.
Trista: Of course, I'm your publicist, it's my job.

~#902 California Dreams, Part 1~
ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
As for getting the members online at a certain time, it depends on everybody's schedules. There is absolutely no consistency with me on weekdays in the daytime, but in the evening/night EST, I can hop on the SS pretty consistently.
Same here, though on some days I might not be on as long.
Monica Stone wrote:
I normally write in 'book form' (don't know what to call it :P), but I agree that a script is better when working with several authors. My main concern with not doing a script (if we were to do that) would be that since every writer has a different style of writing - the way they describe setting, characters, conversations, etc - it might result in a pretty mixed story. With a script, we are only writing dialogue and thus eliminating most of the problem of writing styles.
That's my take on it, anyway. :o
"Next up, Mark Morgan's message to all math maniacs in the middle school is meaningful if you mingle by the mezzanine for a momentous mix of methodological mayhem and a menagerie of multiplicative inversions. Ha ha ha! I bet I could say this backwards. Inversions multiplicative of menagerie a and mayhem methodological..."
Carl
Caramel Crunch

I incidentally I just came across two pages of a script I wrote for the aftermath of TRR. I wrote it like two days before the tile "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" was revealed :).

Trista: Isn't it great to be an indevidual now, not just someone who wears what society tells them to wear?

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm
My main concern with not doing a script (if we were to do that) would be that since every writer has a different style of writing - the way they describe setting, characters, conversations, etc - it might result in a pretty mixed story. With a script, we are only writing dialogue and thus eliminating most of the problem of writing styles.
That is a very good point you raise. I think everybody seems in favor of doing it as a script, so let's do it that way! I forget...is the average length of an Odyssey script 25-30 pages? Am I remembering that correctly?

How do you guys propose the story go? I have many theories that I'll share soon:D
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 6:34 pm
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 1:04 pm
My main concern with not doing a script (if we were to do that) would be that since every writer has a different style of writing - the way they describe setting, characters, conversations, etc - it might result in a pretty mixed story. With a script, we are only writing dialogue and thus eliminating most of the problem of writing styles.
That is a very good point you raise. I think everybody seems in favor of doing it as a script, so let's do it that way! I forget...is the average length of an Odyssey script 25-30 pages? Am I remembering that correctly?

How do you guys propose the story go? I have many theories that I'll share soon:D
It's 27-30, but it depends on how long the scenes are.
Here is what I wrote as part of my LCTWTO script:
Top floor of Whit’s house, Whit is helping the Rydell kids set up their rooms.

WHIT
(Drops heavy box)
Well that’s the last of the boxes kids.

SUZU
Thank you, again Mr. Whittaker, for letting us stay here.

WHIT
Oh, it’s my pleasure Suzu, I’ll enjoy having you two to keep me company.

MORRIE
What about Jason?

WHIT
He’s gonna be gone for the next two weeks visiting antique fairs in different places.
(beat)
Ah, speaking of Jason, he said that he would help me prepare dinner tonight.

SUZU
Is there anything we can do to help

WHIT
No, thank you. But you two should start setting up your rooms. I’ll call you when dinner is ready.

MORRIE
Ok, thank you Mr. Whittaker.

Whit exits the room.

MORRIE
Well, we better get to those boxes. (huffs moving a box)

SUZU
Ok.
Suzu grabs one of the boxes.

MORRIE
Hey, Suzu, that's my box.
(beat)
Suzu.
(beat)
Suzu!

SUZU
Oh, sorry Morrie, here you go.

MORRIE
Ok sis, spill it.

SUZU
Spill what?

MORRIE
(huffs)
What’s on your mind?

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Carl wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:32 pm

WHIT
(Drops heavy box)

SUZU

WHIT

MORRIE
What about Jason?

WHIT
He’s gonna be gone for the next two weeks visiting antique fairs in different places.
(beat)

SUZU

WHIT
No, thank you. But you two should start setting up your rooms. I’ll call you when dinner is ready.

MORRIE

Whit exits the room.

MORRIE

SUZU
Ok.

MORRIE
(beat)
Suzu.
(beat)
Suzu!

SUZU

MORRIE
Ok sis, spill it.

SUZU
Spill what?

MORRIE
(huffs)
What’s on your mind?
That's a good possible start, although I don't know where exactly you are heading with the story. :)
Before we can even start writing the script, we should discuss:
  • What we think will happen - anyone who has theories (I don't have any at the moment), go ahead and post them, then we can work on the specifics.
  • Possible themes - most AIO episodes are built around a theme/topic, so having that in mind might help with the storyline. Unless we want to just write it and then come up with a theme, which might work.
If anyone can think of any other things that need to be done, please post them! If not, break out the theories.

Edit: This is my 100th post on the Soda Shop! :D Funny, it took me over a year to get this many \:D/
Carl
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:44 am
Carl wrote:
Wed Oct 07, 2020 7:32 pm

WHIT
(Drops heavy box)

SUZU

WHIT

MORRIE
What about Jason?

WHIT
(beat)

SUZU

WHIT

MORRIE

Whit exits the room.

MORRIE

SUZU
Ok.

MORRIE
(beat)
Suzu.
(beat)
Suzu!

SUZU

MORRIE
Ok sis, spill it.

SUZU
Spill what?

MORRIE
(huffs)
What’s on your mind?
That's a good possible start, although I don't know where exactly you are heading with the story. :)
Before we can even start writing the script, we should discuss:
  • What we think will happen - anyone who has theories (I don't have any at the moment), go ahead and post them, then we can work on the specifics.
  • Possible themes - most AIO episodes are built around a theme/topic, so having that in mind might help with the storyline. Unless we want to just write it and then come up with a theme, which might work.
If anyone can think of any other things that need to be done, please post them! If not, break out the theories.

Edit: This is my 100th post on the Soda Shop! :D Funny, it took me over a year to get this many \:D/
I think this episode will explore Emily and the Rydell kid's friendship (as I was heading with my script), and also explore more of Morrie's true motivations. (this may be obvious):)

Theme: Friendship, Motivation, Good vs. Evil?

Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Themes are definitely something we should discuss because they are one of the thru-lines in aio episodes. Obviously, a story must accompany the themes. It'd probably be best to think of a story before the themes, but I think new beginnings, motivation, and moral predicaments/dilemmas naturally follow "The Rydell Revelations." Double standards and hypocrisy could also fit (Whit holding Morrie to a standard that he doesn't hold for himself), but I don't want to get too carried away. ;)

Polehaus and I have been going back & forth discussing theories for the episode, so I can definitely share them. I don't think *all* of this will be (or even fit) in LCTWTO, but these could be ideas/conversation starters. These were just ideas we tossed out while thinking of the future of the saga.
  • Morrie and Suzu struggle to adjust to their new life and making peace with those who they have harmed. Emily, the one most affected by them, is super cold towards Whit & the Rydells (which is a whole other thing that needs to be dealt with). The Rydells may have to return to Japan if they can't adjust to their new life. This episode may perhaps be very similiar to "The Homecoming", and Morrie & Suzu try to make amends with those they hurt (although it's highly unlikely that Morrie will be begging for forgiveness and will likely try to make amends a different way).
  • Emily may put off mysteries after the Rydell ordeal.
  • Somehow Morrie's motivations and remorse (or lack thereof) will be explored throughout this. His lack of remorse is a stumbling block in making up with others he feel he "helped" (but in truth, he did the opposite).
  • Not a theory, but Whit was awful and that needs to be addressed lol.
If I forgot anything, Polehaus, feel free to add on, because I didn't have the time to go back and deeply scavenge for details in our pms.
Carl, the first page of your script is interesting! I really like it. Maybe we could use some of it. Of course, that'll depend on how the outline looks because there's alot to discuss.
Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am
  • Morrie and Suzu struggle to adjust to their new life and making peace with those who they have harmed. Emily, the one most affected by them, is super cold towards Whit & the Rydells (which is a whole other thing that needs to be dealt with). The Rydells may have to return to Japan if they can't adjust to their new life. This episode may perhaps be very similiar to "The Homecoming", and Morrie & Suzu try to make amends with those they hurt (although it's highly unlikely that Morrie will be begging for forgiveness and will likely try to make amends a different way).
  • Somehow Morrie's motivations and remorse (or lack thereof) will be explored throughout this. His lack of remorse is a stumbling block in making up with others he feel he "helped" (but in truth, he did the opposite).
Here are a few of the others (I think I got everything):
  • I did a bit of research and found that the phrase "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" refers to ending something, or abandoning the entire matter. The title is a reference to a song with the same name, which was first preformed in a 1937 movie, in which a couple sings about how they disagree with each other. But by the end of it all, they realize they can't live without each other and agree to disagree. Odyssey has recently been naming episodes after common phrases and idioms. In most cases, the episodes relate to their respective titles; the idiom that an episode is named after often reflects the events in it. This will probably be the case of LCTWTO: Morrie, Whit and Suzu will run into a conflict and it will cause tension between them. The climax of the episode will be that Morrie and Suzu will think that they have to go back to Japan. The episode will end, however, with Whit and the kids deciding to work out and resolve their conflict and decide to continue staying with Whit.
  • Raymond Rydell will call Whit on the phone when things get out of hand. Or vice versa.
  • Throughout the episode Emily will make some appearances in which she is trying to avoid Morrie, Suzu, and Whit. By the end, she'll be less cold/unfriendly towards them but still have a ton of reservations & distrust.
  • Depending on if we want Matthew to make an appearance, there are two things we can do with him:
    a) The parts with Emily in the episode will deal with Matthew and Emily’s relationship now that Matthew has quit the detective agency. Emily does not know what to talk about with Matthew, since they usually talk about mysteries.
    b) Or it could be that Matthew will convince Emily to stop avoiding Morrie and Suzu and try talking to them. Again, that’s if we want Matthew to make another appearance.
  • The episode will include further discussion between Whit and Morrie about Morrie’s actions. Maybe Morrie will consider the fact that the things he did were wrong.
Also, Nathan Hoobler said that there would be unexpected characters in it? I'm assuming that Raymond Rydell will return. It would make the most sense. What does everyone else think?

“We have it translated in every language: (กฎของเอมิลี่, Emily es la mejor, 艾米莉规则, Emily Quy tắc!, エミリーは最高です, emilyyay ulesray!, Эмили Правила!, Emily é a melhor, एमिली नियम!, Emily est la meilleure!, إميلي هي الأفضل!, Emily Kuralları!, אמילי שולטת!, Emily Regeln!, 에밀리 담당!, Si Emily ang pinakamahusay!, എമിലി രാജ്ഞിയാണ്!, એમિલી નિયમો!) that Emily RULES!”~The E.R.K.
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Polehaus53 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 8:40 pm
Monica Stone wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 10:51 am
Here are a few of the others (I think I got everything):
  • I did a bit of research and found that the phrase "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off" refers to ending something, or abandoning the entire matter. The title is a reference to a song with the same name, which was first preformed in a 1937 movie, in which a couple sings about how they disagree with each other. But by the end of it all, they realize they can't live without each other and agree to disagree. Odyssey has recently been naming episodes after common phrases and idioms. In most cases, the episodes relate to their respective titles; the idiom that an episode is named after often reflects the events in it. This will probably be the case of LCTWTO: Morrie, Whit and Suzu will run into a conflict and it will cause tension between them. The climax of the episode will be that Morrie and Suzu will think that they have to go back to Japan. The episode will end, however, with Whit and the kids deciding to work out and resolve their conflict and decide to continue staying with Whit.
  • Raymond Rydell will call Whit on the phone when things get out of hand. Or vice versa.
  • Throughout the episode Emily will make some appearances in which she is trying to avoid Morrie, Suzu, and Whit. By the end, she'll be less cold/unfriendly towards them but still have a ton of reservations & distrust.
  • Depending on if we want Matthew to make an appearance, there are two things we can do with him:
    a) The parts with Emily in the episode will deal with Matthew and Emily’s relationship now that Matthew has quit the detective agency. Emily does not know what to talk about with Matthew, since they usually talk about mysteries.
    b) Or it could be that Matthew will convince Emily to stop avoiding Morrie and Suzu and try talking to them. Again, that’s if we want Matthew to make another appearance.
  • The episode will include further discussion between Whit and Morrie about Morrie’s actions. Maybe Morrie will consider the fact that the things he did were wrong.
Also, Nathan Hoobler said that there would be unexpected characters in it? I'm assuming that Raymond Rydell will return. It would make the most sense. What does everyone else think?
After reading this I feel that this is what the episode is going to be like. But we still need to figure out what the problem between Morrie, Whit, and Suzu is? The episode is said to reveal more of Morrie's true motivations, maybe that ties into it? Any theories?

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Carl wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:48 am
But we still need to figure out what the problem between Morrie, Whit, and Suzu is?
Maybe the problem is about the punishment Whit mentioned in Revelations part 3. We don't know what exactly that was, but maybe the Rydell kids don't think it is fair, because to them, they really didn't do anything wrong. Of course, this could make things complicated when it comes to Whit's take on this issue.
Another random idea I had is that they are causing more trouble (though that may not be possible due to Whit's consequences for the previous trouble they made) around Odyssey, perhaps at Whit's End since they will probably start seeing a lot more of it. After all, they were notorious for getting into things they shouldn't at the embassy.
I don't know, those are just some random thoughts I had. Thoughts? Better ideas?
Carl
Caramel Crunch

ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 4:36 pm
Carl wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:48 am
But we still need to figure out what the problem between Morrie, Whit, and Suzu is?
Maybe the problem is about the punishment Whit mentioned in Revelations part 3. We don't know what exactly that was, but maybe the Rydell kids don't think it is fair, because to them, they really didn't do anything wrong. Of course, this could make things complicated when it comes to Whit's take on this issue.
Another random idea I had is that they are causing more trouble (though that may not be possible due to Whit's consequences for the previous trouble they made) around Odyssey, perhaps at Whit's End since they will probably start seeing a lot more of it. After all, they were notorious for getting into things they shouldn't at the embassy.
I don't know, those are just some random thoughts I had. Thoughts? Better ideas?
I really like the first and second idea, and I think this is a possibility to be in the final episode. Another Idea.
  • Maybe the Rydell kid's try to use there "gaming" skills to get Emily yo become their friends. Whit then hears about this and tells them not to do anymore of the games to get Emily's friendship, because friendship has to be built over trust. Suzu decides to stop, but Morrie gets mad and starts "gaming" things or people close to Whit, such as Whit's End. Whit finds out about this, and toward the end of the episode Whit, Morrie, Suzu, and Emily start calling out the differences of opinion on the games Morrie set up. A subplot may be Emily being cold to Mr. Whittaker and not going to Whit's End.This is essentially the outline of the whole episode :lol:
Any objections? Theories?

ASmouseInTheHouse
Cookies & Creme

Carl wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 5:44 pm
  • Maybe the Rydell kid's try to use there "gaming" skills to get Emily yo become their friends. Whit then hears about this and tells them not to do anymore of the games to get Emily's friendship, because friendship has to be built over trust. Suzu decides to stop, but Morrie gets mad and starts "gaming" things or people close to Whit, such as Whit's End. Whit finds out about this, and toward the end of the episode Whit, Morrie, Suzu, and Emily start calling out the differences of opinion on the games Morrie set up. A subplot may be Emily being cold to Mr. Whittaker and not going to Whit's End.This is essentially the outline of the whole episode :lol:
This sounds interesting, especially the part about Morrie gaming things close to Whit. That could be the reason there is a disagreement between them.
I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what we have so far. :yes:
Monica Stone
Caramel Crunch

Welp, it's been a busy few days and I've barely been able to hop online. Hopefully that'll change.

Polehaus, that was a great recap of our theories! Thanks :D
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Morrie doesn't think he is morally wrong, but I could see Suzu holding a different view (or easily changing her mind if she holds Morrie's view). She seems to have been persuaded by line of thinking at the end of "The Good in People." That was part of the reason she was involved with the events of "A Sacrificial Escape" (besides the fact she probably wanted to be mentally challenged and breaking into Whit's End would have definitely been challenging). When Emily grills her about the escape room, her response is, "You and Matthew were never in any real danger! We would never have let anything happen to you!" I bet she's echoing Morrie's words. Of the two of them, Suzu is probably the most likely to reform her opinions. Morrie himself was cautious about how he saw Suzu change (which was the catalyst for him testing the Christian kids). It's pretty telling of their characters tbh.

Hmm, it is a good question of how they were punished and how that could affect future episodes. What, were they grounded? Did Whit take them to Detective Polehaus to expain the situation (since he was investigating)? How did they get themselves out of sticky legal situations (assuming they did)?

Perhaps the problem isn't the punishment. Maybe next episode, we won't have the ripple effects of their punishment. If that's the case, then maybe the issue will just be the Rydells new life adjustment. I mean, less than a year ago, they were forced to move to Odyssey with ol' Mrs. Mado. This is again a huge adjustment.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Oooh. Morrie and Suzu are obviously not going to magically change into better versions of themselves. I think it's extremely realistic and likely that they still may be getting into trouble. I'm imagining sort of an "Old Tricks" with the Rydells...similiar only in that a new ward(s) of main characters get back into their "old tricks." Whit/Morrie/Suzu aren't nearly as close as Eugene/Katrina/Buck and those dynamics are very different, so that would be fascinating.
Carl wrote:
Maybe the Rydell kid's try to use there "gaming" skills to get Emily yo become their friends. Whit then hears about this and tells them not to do anymore of the games to get Emily's friendship, because friendship has to be built over trust.
Hehe, I got a slight sense of deja vu by the second sentence. "Square One", anyone? But this is very likely and would be a smooth continuation of the last scene of "The Rydell Revelations." I don't think this should be the entirety of the episode, but definitely a part of it. One of the big elements of Suzu & Morrie trying to fit into their new life and "make peace" with others (although, y'know, this is the wrong way to go about it).
Carl wrote:
Suzu decides to stop, but Morrie gets mad and starts "gaming" things or people close to Whit, such as Whit's End. Whit finds out about this, and toward the end of the episode Whit, Morrie, Suzu, and Emily start calling out the differences of opinion on the games Morrie set up. A subplot may be Emily being cold to Mr. Whittaker and not going to Whit's End.
NICE. I also really love this!
Carl
Caramel Crunch

Monica Stone wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 4:49 pm
Carl wrote:
Maybe the Rydell kid's try to use there "gaming" skills to get Emily yo become their friends. Whit then hears about this and tells them not to do anymore of the games to get Emily's friendship, because friendship has to be built over trust.
Hehe, I got a slight sense of deja vu by the second sentence. "Square One", anyone?
Yeeesss!
Carl wrote:
Suzu decides to stop, but Morrie gets mad and starts "gaming" things or people close to Whit, such as Whit's End. Whit finds out about this, and toward the end of the episode Whit, Morrie, Suzu, and Emily start calling out the differences of opinion on the games Morrie set up. A subplot may be Emily being cold to Mr. Whittaker and not going to Whit's End.
Thanks! Hopefully soon we can get the complete outline done!

Polehaus53
Cookies & Creme

Wow, this is a lot of stuff!
Carl wrote:
I agree. I'm thinking that it may be over the question of either Whit's punishment to them, or else because, as has been suggested, Morrie and Suzu are causing trouble with more of their games. Or it could be both! Here's an idea: Maybe in the beginning of the episode, Whit, Morrie, and Suzu have an argument/disagreement over whether or not they deserve the punishment. They do not come to a conclusion. This would add tension. Then, as the episode progresses, Morrie and Suzu can cause problems, adding on to the tension.
I don't know. It's just an idea I had. What do ya'll think?
Monica Stone wrote:
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Oooh. Morrie and Suzu are obviously not going to magically change into better versions of themselves. I think it's extremely realistic and likely that they still may be getting into trouble. I'm imagining sort of an "Old Tricks" with the Rydells...similiar only in that a new ward(s) of main characters get back into their "old tricks." Whit/Morrie/Suzu aren't nearly as close as Eugene/Katrina/Buck and those dynamics are very different, so that would be fascinating.
I like it! Morrie and Suzu can be up to their old tricks at Whit's End. They most certainly aren't going to change right away, and Whit's End is the perfect place for them to cause trouble! That sounds interesting.
Monica Stone wrote:
Hmm, it is a good question of how they were punished and how that could affect future episodes. What, were they grounded? Did Whit take them to Detective Polehaus to expain the situation (since he was investigating)? How did they get themselves out of sticky legal situations (assuming they did)?
Yes, this is something I've been wondering. Especially the legal issues. I don't know how the Odyssey team plans to deal with it. It's a very complicated situation. As far as us trying to figure it out, I would say we should just keep it simple: As ASmouseInTheHouse suggested, perhaps Whit is keeping them busy working at Whit's End (fixing everything they ruined in the basement with the escape room, maybe?) as punishment. I don't know how much further we want to go with it. I'm willing to discuss this issue further.
Monica Stone wrote:
Carl wrote:
Hehe, I got a slight sense of deja vu by the second sentence. "Square One", anyone? But this is very likely and would be a smooth continuation of the last scene of "The Rydell Revelations." I don't think this should be the entirety of the episode, but definitely a part of it. One of the big elements of Suzu & Morrie trying to fit into their new life and "make peace" with others (although, y'know, this is the wrong way to go about it).
Okay, this is also a possibility. We do need Emily in it. It can be another thing they try doing while causing trouble.
Monica Stone wrote:
Carl wrote:
That sounds good. Throughout the episode, we can have Emily run into them all and be cold to them. This can result in Morrie and Suzu wanting to do something to make it up and become friends with Emily. The part where Whit finds out about them "gaming" things close to him and "gaming" things to become friends with Emily would be halfway through the episode, I suppose.The question is whether or not Morrie and Suzu will accept Whit's correction if they don't think they are doing anything wrong.
ASmouseInTheHouse wrote:
Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:03 am
Carl wrote:
This sounds interesting, especially the part about Morrie gaming things close to Whit. That could be the reason there is a disagreement between them.
I'd like to hear everyone's opinions on what we have so far. :yes:
Yep, I like all that, as you can see. The only thing I'm not sure about is what Suzu will be doing. :? I'm imagining that she just goes along with what Morrie does.

As you can see, I'm suggesting that perhaps we can combine all of these things: Whit, Morrie, and Suzu get into a disagreement over their punishment, but they do not come to a conclusion, this adding a layer of tension. As part of their punishment, Whit is keeping Morrie and Suzu busy by helping him with Whit's End. However, Morrie (and maybe Suzu, too) gets bored and start messing with things they're not supposed to. They start "gaming" things again. It is then when the three of them run into Emily and notice how unfriendly she is to them. They want to be friends with Emily again, and they try manipulating things to do this. Between gaming things at Whit's End and gaming things to get Emily to trust them, problems arise. Halfway though the episode, Whit finds out everything they've been doing. He gives them further punishment, but there is now an even more serious disagreement. Morrie and Suzu do not think they have done anything wrong. "It is all good, isn't it?" they complain. The tension between them is now worse than before. Raymond Rydell calls them and there is a feeling that they will be sent back to Japan. Maybe something dramatic can happen (maybe as a result of one of the things they have gamed) so that at the end they decide to work everything out, resulting in the Rydell kids staying in Odyssey. Emily is also less cold towards them.

That's all I've thought up so far. I haven't gotten very specific, nor gone into detail. Now, if anybody has the slightest objection to what I've written, please say so! Criticism is welcome, and I will not be offended. Please be tactless. :)