Fanfiction Club

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:
Katie10 wrote: Good should we write a Halloween fan fiction?
Yeah that could be fun!
One day Whit was walking. A creepy clown scared him. He had a heart attack and died. The end!

:twisted:
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:Good should we write a Halloween fan fiction?
"Okay, Whit, I'm closing up the shop!"
"Thanks, Connie! See you tomorrow!"
The bell chimed above the door as Connie exited the building. The shop was entirely empty, save for John Avery Whittaker standing in the kitchen, peering into the walk-in freezer. There was a "clack-lack" sound as Connie locked the door, and after... silence.
Peaceful, Whit thought. Especially on a night as this. October 31st, the secular "Halloween." Whit did not celebrate, nor did he want to. He believed that all of the spiritual emphasis on that night was quite unholy for a holiday. Plus, that night was at times a night of pranks, vandalism, and violence.
Which is why John Whittaker was redeeming the day by doing something wholesome at Whit's End.
"Strawberry... check." He ticked a box on his clipboard. "Rocky Road... check. Vanilla... check. Sherbet... out of sherbet." Whit scribbled down "Sherbet" on his clipboard. "Cappuccino Mocha Jamocha... check. Raspberry ripple..." Then he noticed something. "Hmm." Leaning toward the ice cream carton, Whit noticed a folded piece of paper sitting on top. He set his clipboard down, pulled the folded paper off, and opened it up. There were two words on it.
"BEHIND YOU."
Puzzled, Whit turned around, and—
That was all he remembered that night.
----
So how's that?
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Wow nice just make sure it is not to creepy and umm nice kungfunaomi.... Post your fan fiction by October 31st 12:00 Mountain time have fun!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Okay here's my fan fiction chapter one just there chapters. This is the short one. What do you guys think?
Why oh why where there so many trick oh treater's why do they have to be such a bother and come knocking on my door! *ding dong* Well hi miss. Kramar! Woton what arec you doing here. Well I thought I would just stop bye say... Woton! Okay okay do you have any candy I ran out? No I don't go away! *slams door* People these days now mabey I can drink my tea ahhh. *ding dong*Not again who is Woton! Umm you sure you don't have any can.. *slams door* Finally I will just sit down and read this ahhh. *grabs her muffled screams music dies out*
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Yeah so I vote we all start working on Christmas fanfictions because then I will have a month and a half to get it done... I can't do these on short notice. Probably would have done Halloween if I had been informed about it say at the beginning of October. So, I'm making a vote and I am going to start working on some kind of Christmas AIO fanfic. Short.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, that sounds a little more doable. I too would've been done by yesterday, if I'd had the time.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Kungfunaomi wrote:Yeah so I vote we all start working on Christmas fanfictions because then I will have a month and a half to get it done... I can't do these on short notice. Probably would have done Halloween if I had been informed about it say at the beginning of October. So, I'm making a vote and I am going to start working on some kind of Christmas AIO fanfic. Short.
Whale, I am definitely down for this. :D I almost almost published something last year. It'll be sappy, I warn you.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote: Whale, I am definitely down for this. :D I almost almost published something last year. It'll be sappy, I warn you.
That's the whole point of Christmas fanfiction, duh :D :D

Let's make the deadline December 21st, then we all have a chance to read them before Christmas, agreed?
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Dude I sat here and wrote the start of a Christmas Fan fiction for like an hour and a half and when I pressed submit my computer bugged out and the submission didn't go through and it deleted it. :oops: :( O.o
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Can I join this????
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

To quote the words of Eugene "Cowardice loves company"! In other words, yes! I just quoted Eugene cause he's awesome and that quote kinda applied to this situation.
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:Dude I sat here and wrote the start of a Christmas Fan fiction for like an hour and a half and when I pressed submit my computer bugged out and the submission didn't go through and it deleted it. :oops: :( O.o
Oh that's ANNOYING!!! :x That happened to me a few days ago when I was writing an essay for school. Note to self: draft in Notepad or Libreoffice then PASTE it into the thingy.
Jo March wrote:Can I join this????
No. You are not allowed to join, we are excluding you for no reason at all. :D Sorry to poke you but why is this a question?? Of course you can join!! :mrgreen:
TheDoctor wrote:To quote the words of Eugene "Cowardice loves company"! In other words, yes! I just quoted Eugene cause he's awesome and that quote kinda applied to this situation.
Yessssss
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

YAY!!! Thanks! I actually had a really good idea for a Christmas fanfic :)
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Scientific Guy
Cookies & Creme

Oh, hold on, was I too late in submitting my excerpt? Was it any good?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Scientific Guy wrote:Oh, hold on, was I too late in submitting my excerpt? Was it any good?
The Halloween one was fine, man! Very in character, I admire you because you can do that and I can't. We're just starting working on Christmas fanfictions NOW because we have a much larger group with a lot more time to do it.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Ok so I rewrote most of it. Tell me what you guys think about it! :D \:D/
Connie apathetically sat by the window watching the snow fall slowly. Her heart felt heavy. She was having another one of those days. A day where she regrets all her past decisions and where she wished things could change.

As Connie stared out the window she noticed a snowman in her neighbor's yard. She was suddenly brought back to the time when her and her mom made a snowman in their yard two Christmases before. Then the thought of her mom then washed over her.

"Why did you have to go mom? Why did God have to take you out of my life!?" Connie almost yelled. Connie was slightly mad and very depressed. A tear slowly made its way down Connie's face. Connie then suddenly thought of Mitch. She could have been spending her Christmas with Mitch instead of sitting around moping around! Connie wanted to cry her eyes out but decided that she was stronger. She decided she needed to get her mind off of such things.

Connie looked around her pathetically decorated living room and noticed her small tiny Christmas tree. She attained it when she attended her Church's annual Christmas Tree hunting party only she was an hour late so she had to pick from the weird trees. She could either choose one the size of her house or one that went up to her waist. Naturally she chose the smaller one. It could barely hold the decorations on it. Under the tree where three presents. A medium-sized present from Whit, a smaller present from Penny, and a present that was at least twice the size of her Christmas tree. Whit probably bought her a blender, Penny most likely bought her a cute necklace or a friendship bracelet, and as for Wooton's, she had no idea. 

Connie looked over to her fridge to spot all the Christmas cards her friends gave her. She would be spending her Christmas with them if only they were still in town. Wooton and Penny were sledding in Antartica, Whit and Jason where spending their Christmas with Jana and Monty out of town, and everybody else was spending their Christmas with their families. Connie's mind started lingering again on Mitch and her mom. Connie suddenly jumped out of her seat.

"Ok no! I am not spending my Christmas like this. I need to do something! You know what? Lets go to Whit's End!" Connie decided. Connie then grabbed her coat, slid her beanie on her head, and put on her boots and headed out the door. As she opened the door she was then welcomed by a rush of cold winter wind.
I'll probably have her walk to Whit's End and then she will "accidentally" get in the Room of Consequence and either see what it would be like if she married Mitch or she would see what it would be like if she never moved to Odyssey. Tell me what you guys think I should do and how I could improve! :D
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

TheDoctor wrote:Ok so I rewrote most of it. Tell me what you guys think about it! :D \:D/
Connie apathetically sat by the window watching the snow fall slowly. Her heart felt heavy. She was having another one of those days. A day where she regrets all her past decisions and where she wished things could change.

As Connie stared out the window she noticed a snowman in her neighbor's yard. She was suddenly brought back to the time when her and her mom made a snowman in their yard two Christmases before. Then the thought of her mom then washed over her.

"Why did you have to go mom? Why did God have to take you out of my life!?" Connie almost yelled. Connie was slightly mad and very depressed. A tear slowly made its way down Connie's face. Connie then suddenly thought of Mitch. She could have been spending her Christmas with Mitch instead of sitting around moping around! Connie wanted to cry her eyes out but decided that she was stronger. She decided she needed to get her mind off of such things.

Connie looked around her pathetically decorated living room and noticed her small tiny Christmas tree. She attained it when she attended her Church's annual Christmas Tree hunting party only she was an hour late so she had to pick from the weird trees. She could either choose one the size of her house or one that went up to her waist. Naturally she chose the smaller one. It could barely hold the decorations on it. Under the tree where three presents. A medium-sized present from Whit, a smaller present from Penny, and a present that was at least twice the size of her Christmas tree. Whit probably bought her a blender, Penny most likely bought her a cute necklace or a friendship bracelet, and as for Wooton's, she had no idea. 

Connie looked over to her fridge to spot all the Christmas cards her friends gave her. She would be spending her Christmas with them if only they were still in town. Wooton and Penny were sledding in Antartica, Whit and Jason where spending their Christmas with Jana and Monty out of town, and everybody else was spending their Christmas with their families. Connie's mind started lingering again on Mitch and her mom. Connie suddenly jumped out of her seat.

"Ok no! I am not spending my Christmas like this. I need to do something! You know what? Lets go to Whit's End!" Connie decided. Connie then grabbed her coat, slid her beanie on her head, and put on her boots and headed out the door. As she opened the door she was then welcomed by a rush of cold winter wind.
I'll probably have her walk to Whit's End and then she will "accidentally" get in the Room of Consequence and either see what it would be like if she married Mitch or she would see what it would be like if she never moved to Odyssey. Tell me what you guys think I should do and how I could improve! :D
I like this a lot! Great job at...expanding? If that's the word, on her circumstance by explaining why she was alone and progressing so that there was a little action and it wasn't stagnant. If there is one thing I would change, it's that you don't have to use Connie's name in every sentence even when you're writing about her. Of course, please don't assume you have to use twenty different synonyms or pronouns to avoid using it though. :) Just keep it up, and keep reading it out loud to yourself, which is a way to catch things. It seems like you're going for a sort of It's a Wonderful Life feeling, which is always fun. Nice job, dude.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

GJFH wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:Ok so I rewrote most of it. Tell me what you guys think about it! :D \:D/

I like this a lot! Great job at...expanding? If that's the word, on her circumstance by explaining why she was alone and progressing so that there was a little action and it wasn't stagnant. If there is one thing I would change, it's that you don't have to use Connie's name in every sentence even when you're writing about her. Of course, please don't assume you have to use twenty different synonyms or pronouns to avoid using it though. :) Just keep it up, and keep reading it out loud to yourself, which is a way to catch things. It seems like you're going for a sort of It's a Wonderful Life feeling, which is always fun. Nice job, dude.
Thanks! Also thanks for the advise! I will try to take out a few Connies. Also which way do you think I should go? Should I do the classic Christmas story and see what it would be like if she never came to Odyssey? You would see Wooton all alone and he wouldn't marry Penny because she introduced Wooton to Penny, Whit would have closed down Whit's end cause he could get any help and the kids would stop going, and Eugene wouldn't be a Christian because he would have never worked at Whit's end and he would have never meet Whit. Or she could see what it would be like if she married Mitch. She would be alone, unhappy, and she wouldn't have been in Odyssey to be with her mom that day before she died. So which one do you like better?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Aw man. So hard to choose! How about if she had never come to Odyssey, because there is little debate about how that would turn out. And it's the classic 'It's a Wonderful Life' scenario anyway.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Hey guys, just a heads up-- I have the second chapter of my fan-fic up in my topic!
Jo March