Hipster's Poems?

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
hipster_
Strawberry

Hipster's Poems?

Not only do I draw, but I also write songs as well as poems. (I was inspired to do this topic after I saw GJFH's wonderful poems!!

I hope you guys enjoy reading these and hey!- if you ever want me to write a song, a rap, or a poem about a particular topic, please tell me anything! I'd love to hear your ideas! \:D/
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
hipster_
Strawberry

I wrote this one earlier this morning as I was reminded about the significance of our words, how we use them, and how they affect people.

"Words of Wisdom"

Words are like knives, words are like feathers
Every so often, it cuts through your tough leather
It sinks deep in your mind, buried deep in your heart
Another blow to the head, another pierce from the dart.

If the power of words were enough to take one's life
Scattered among the dust, ashes from the War of Strife
But how do we know when enough is enough?
And when will we stop and when will we wake up?

The words that you say never really go away
They vanish from your lips, but capture your prey
Lives are significantly changed from the Words of Wisdom
Lives are bloodily stained from the very first victim.

When will we realize that the power of life and death is in the tongue?
When we use to tease the weaker and the smaller...but they are no longer young
How do we know they don’t remember when the words stung?
Words are deep, words are light, but a scar never fully heals; it can determine who you become.
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Oh dear goodness hipster, that is a beautiful poem. I absolutely love the seriousness of your message, more people should read this. :clap: :clap: :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
hipster_
Strawberry

GJFH wrote:Oh dear goodness hipster, that is a beautiful poem. I absolutely love the seriousness of your message, more people should read this. :clap: :clap: :clap:
Aw, thank you so much!!! Well hey, you inspired me to do this. If I hadn't seen your amazing poems, I wouldn't have thought to share mine :)
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Hmm, very interesting and thoughtful poem. I think you could make some changes to clean up the meter a bit, but that may not be your style. (everyone's different) Also, this is just a super random thought, but maybe you could do some alliteration in the poem, since Words of Wisdom already has it. Either way, I'd enjoy reading more. =)
xo eht haiasi-
hipster_
Strawberry

Isaiah the Ox wrote:Hmm, very interesting and thoughtful poem. I think you could make some changes to clean up the meter a bit, but that may not be your style. (everyone's different) Also, this is just a super random thought, but maybe you could do some alliteration in the poem, since Words of Wisdom already has it. Either way, I'd enjoy reading more. =)
Thanks! That is a good suggestion, (and yes my style of poems sometimes depends on my mood. Most of the time, my poems are very free and loose.) I could totally do that! Great suggestion! :)
hipster_
Strawberry

Ok, so this is actually a rap that I wrote when I was 11. It is very, very deep, but I'd like to share it with you guys. I don't even have a title for it yet, and I need some help revising it as well. It has a lot of mistakes and some of the lines sound outright ridiculous XD
Please let me know what could be altered, cut out, put in, or any other opinions and thoughts about the poem.

Yea,
They was spittin, and kickin, knives loose in the kitchen,
Blood seeps through the carpet, and I cant say that I miss it
It was a tussle of struggle,
Dark soot in the rubble
Fingerprints that were left behind, like an abandoned tunnel
I had to relive my past,
Revive what I used to know and have,
Demons want to fight back,
Then I fight back with what I have
If you want an update, right now I'm the King,
In this very moment, I slay Goliath with the sling,
And no one else got nothin on me,
I'm the one with the gown and the degree,
Yeah, hold it up high, chin up,
Even when you're down remember when you've been up
But wait, we cant remember our roots,
So whats the point of fighting, when we cant even do?
Air full of smoke and it all starts risin
Must be surprisin, situations’ comprising
Yeah...welcome to the war of pain,
Welcome where the songwriters play the piano in the rain,
This ain't no joke its a cryin flame
When you blow it out, there's no one left to blame
Here, there ain't no free passes
Take the toll slow or you breathe in acid
Don't look over these words, don't forget the book, please remember these times, all the times we took….
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Hipstahhhh your words are awesome ;)
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
hipster_
Strawberry

Didi wrote:Hipstahhhh your words are awesome ;)
Haha thanks Didi :mrgreen:
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

I agree hipster, I see rap more as imperfect poetry, it's about the music behind it. The struggle you depicted....with reference to scripture...it is amazing, I can definitely imagine someone rapping this. :D
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
hipster_
Strawberry

Exactly! Thanks so much, GJFH :)
I actually just recently rapped this out loud for the first time ever to someone (who beat-boxed for me) and it sounded pretty cool
hipster_
Strawberry

I had the subject of true beauty on my mind a lot this week...I wrote this poem today to hopefully encourage someone :)

“Define”

Beauty lies beneath the shadows
Only those who are willing to find it will know

Wake us up when we learn to see the inside of the heart
Break us down when we forget what tears us apart

Without a voice, we have no spark
Without a soul, we have no heart
What lies on the outside is merely a covering
The true being inside of us is valuable and worth discovering

Beauty is love, kindness, and compassion
Beauty is life; finding your purpose with passion
Beauty is the small, humble heart inside an eternal mansion
Beauty is bold and defining.
Beauty is uncovering the star and proudly shining.

Speaking loud against the crowd
Brave; unwavering and unbowed

Waves of persuading torment and winds of poisonous lies
You stood strong, you never resigned, you never died

You didn’t let the sun consume your delicate rose
You didn’t let the stars blind your wandering eyes
You didn’t let the mountains crush your screaming woes
You didn’t let the oceans drown your strangled voice

Beauty is giving and open handed without a reason
Beauty is bountiful and gracious in every season
Beauty is strong; fierce with unrestrained freedom
Beauty is the shy, timid desire inside a broken meaning
Beauty is ugly with bruises; persistent and trying.
Beauty is taking the mask of vanity off and seeing the naturally perfect diamond. Still shining.
Paula
Peach Cobbler

I really like your writing style and I like how you portray the messages clearly and promptly
I enjoyed reading your poems a lot =]
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
hipster_
Strawberry

Paula wrote:I really like your writing style and I like how you portray the messages clearly and promptly
I enjoyed reading your poems a lot =]
Thank you so much, Paula! :)
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

That poem hipster...thank you. It is brilliant and wonderful, lyrical.
I absolutely love this one, the last line is amazing, very thought provoking. Please, keep writing poetry, you have a gift. :clap:

Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Wow..... Just Wow! Hipster_ you are just amazing. They are truly "Words of Wisdom"!!!
Proud K.R.E Member
hipster_
Strawberry

GJFH wrote:That poem hipster...thank you. It is brilliant and wonderful, lyrical.
I absolutely love this one, the last line is amazing, very thought provoking. Please, keep writing poetry, you have a gift. :clap:
You're welcome, GFJH..anything to inspire and empower those who read it :)
And thank you!!! :P I especially like the last line too...it made me stop and think when I wrote that part.
hipster_
Strawberry

Mickey wrote:Wow..... Just Wow! Hipster_ you are just amazing. They are truly "Words of Wisdom"!!!
Thank you so much Mickey! I really have to give music some partial credit for my poems. *applauds for music* :clap:
When I write, listening to music is what usually inspires me. :)
hipster_
Strawberry

So I wrote this song about a month ago and already have some chords to it :D

F#m D A E

Hiding for too long, now I have no choice but to reveal my honesty
Secrets from a million years ago that you should know, buried deeper than the sea
But I didn’t want to see your face when I told you; I really didn’t know if you would heal
I didn’t know how you would feel, if I told you it would be so real

And now I’m letting all of it go no more lies,
Show you all my imperfect flaws, not gonna hide, no
To tell you the ugly truth; I’m tearing down all my pride2x
for you

Modjulate Am F C G

Gonna let the curtain the fall, what you see is what you see
You don’t have to like it all, but you can’t take just a piece of me
And if you don’t love me for who I am, I’m not gonna cry anymore, not gonna cry anymore, not gonna cry anymore
You can leave me, and I’ll be (just) fine 2x, I’m a strong one on my own
Never loved me in the first place, and on the low you were only with me to play games
And I’m not gonna have a2x broken heart over you
Never really listened to me, and on the low you were only there to mistreat me
And I’m not gonna have a2X broken heart over you

My leaves are turning brown, there’s nothing beautiful left to see
My memories are going cold, just when I thought you were there to save me
I found myself alone, missing how we disagreed
Missing when we both believed that nothing else would come in between
Well look at us now 2x
It’s a shame we never held on, and now the light is old
My grip was losing hope, and I remember
When we used to smile, when we used to cry
When we used to help each other, when we would die for each other and we never asked why
hipster_
Strawberry

aaand I just finished writing this poem...it's very emotional to me

My hands are bleeding as I clench the pieces of my life as grains of sand.
I can’t find myself any longer; lost and trampled under the feet of the greater, the stronger, the higher, who never seem to fall and never seem to look down.

Why am I here again? Why am I trying? The power of human nature and human will is that we will always strive and we will always try our best to survive and to stay in existence. So here I am again; fall and get up, fall and get up. And yet, I am still not destroyed. Yet, the power of others words still has not binded me.

I am tired of falling. I am tired of failing. And it hurts to know that I will never be perfect. I will never be invincible. But I believe in something greater, something much more valuable than power, fame, love, trust, and even knowledge; the contentedness of one’s self. You will never find peace until you have peace within your own self...the core of you. Who you are.

Finding myself, I died in the drowning oppression of faults, scars, and imperfections. But something held on with a desperate grip; something strong in such a weak, fragile soul. And it was a persistent and stubborn voice called strong-will. Strong-will is the reason I am still alive, and the reason I came back to life. Because something in me was not willing to give up.

There is power in a weakness, there is beauty in a scar, there is a story worth telling in a broken past. Never underestimate the battered, worn, and tormented souls; they have more heart, courage, and willpower than anyone you will ever know. One of those people is you. You are strong, you are beautiful, you are brave. You are the definition of Power. And it’s not a power driven by greed, it’s a power that was driven by your gentle heart that never gives up and never runs out. No one can take this power from you, and no one can give it to you either.