Hipster's Poems?

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

hipster_ wrote:So I wrote this song about a month ago and already have some chords to it :D

When we used to smile, when we used to cry
When we used to help each other, when we would die for each other and we never asked why
This is amazing hipster, the fact you can turn your pain into a poetic work of art, the meanings are crystal behind your metaphors. You're very talented. :clap:
hipster_ wrote:aaand I just finished writing this poem...it's very emotional to me

I am tired of falling. I am tired of failing. And it hurts to know that I will never be perfect. I will never be invincible. But I believe in something greater, something much more valuable than power, fame, love, trust, and even knowledge; the contentedness of one’s self. You will never find peace until you have peace within your own self...the core of you. Who you are.

Finding myself, I died in the drowning oppression of faults, scars, and imperfections. But something held on with a desperate grip; something
There is power in a weakness, there is beauty in a scar, there is a story worth telling in a broken past. Never underestimate the battered, worn, and tormented souls; they have more heart, courage, and willpower than anyone you will ever know. One of those people is you. You are strong, you are beautiful, you are brave. You are the definition of Power. And it’s not a power driven by greed, it’s a power that was driven by your gentle heart that never gives up and never runs out. No one can take this power from you, and no one can give it to you either.
Wow. This is so very sweet, honestly, what a beautiful reflection of your soul. This is my favourite so far, please, keep it up! :clap: :clap: :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
hipster_
Strawberry

GJFH wrote:
hipster_ wrote:So I wrote this song about a month ago and already have some chords to it :D

When we used to smile, when we used to cry
When we used to help each other, when we would die for each other and we never asked why
This is amazing hipster, the fact you can turn your pain into a poetic work of art, the meanings are crystal behind your metaphors. You're very talented. :clap:
hipster_ wrote:aaand I just finished writing this poem...it's very emotional to me

I am tired of falling. I am tired of failing. And it hurts to know that I will never be perfect. I will never be invincible. But I believe in something greater, something much more valuable than power, fame, love, trust, and even knowledge; the contentedness of one’s self. You will never find peace until you have peace within your own self...the core of you. Who you are.

Finding myself, I died in the drowning oppression of faults, scars, and imperfections. But something held on with a desperate grip; something
There is power in a weakness, there is beauty in a scar, there is a story worth telling in a broken past. Never underestimate the battered, worn, and tormented souls; they have more heart, courage, and willpower than anyone you will ever know. One of those people is you. You are strong, you are beautiful, you are brave. You are the definition of Power. And it’s not a power driven by greed, it’s a power that was driven by your gentle heart that never gives up and never runs out. No one can take this power from you, and no one can give it to you either.
Wow. This is so very sweet, honestly, what a beautiful reflection of your soul. This is my favourite so far, please, keep it up! :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thank you so much, GJFH! It really makes my day when I can help make someone else's more enjoyable and happy. I'm so glad I can share my stuff with people like you that can enjoy it and possibly relate. Some of my metaphors I worry are unclear to others, but I'm glad you can understand. :)
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.