Audrey Attempts To Take Photos

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Audrey Attempts To Take Photos

I'm in a Digital Photography class and realized that hey, I might have something worth submitting to the Gallery for once! I've loved photography in general for a really long time but don't really show anything worth critiquing, so any input on these would be great. I'll probably update this post any time I have a new assignment worth showing or take any new pictures I actually like. The image sizes on most of them will probably be pretty big, so apologies if they blow up your screen; I tried to resize them. :P

Edit: What up with that resolution tho?? I swear they're way higher quality, idk why they look so fuzzy...any ideas?

My first ever assignment: It was meant to be a study in contrast. Took this at the Texas Rodeo, aka the land of deep fried gluttony. (i can't find the edited version on my computer sadly so this is just the raw image)
Second assignment: It was called Time, so this was my attempt :P I took it at a flag football game with some friends (the boy in the photo is jumping in the air so I figured it would be a good freeze frame photo, but at the angle I took it you can't really tell :/)
And third: Random photo I took of a friend at a park.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Didi
Cookies & Creme

Audrey that is so cool! I took a Digital Photography class lat year and this year I'm in Digital Imaging. These are great, keep it up!
They don't look fuzzy to me...if you're thinking of the background then you'll have to change the aperture settings to get more depth of field.
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

these are great!!! good job Audrey :clap: they are not fuzzy on my screen!
Aha suh dude
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Those look great, Audrey! They don't look fuzzy to me at all, and the Time one is definitely a good action shot.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Aw, thanks guys! :D I feel so special xD I'm glad they don't look fuzzy :P

@Didi yeah, the background was meant to be blurred, but in the Time one in particular it all seemed low res.
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Those look nice. The portrait of your friend turned out really well; during my photography class, I found taking good portraits of people to be surprisingly difficult. My sister still hasn't forgiven me for the less than flattering photos I took of her. :P
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

These are amazing Audrey! I do particularly like the first one and that you've captured the silhouettes, leaving the food truck to be the focus.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
hipster_
Strawberry

I have always been interested in photography, so this was so cool to run across!!
You are really talented, Audrey! (btw I love your name)
You have a really good eye for contrast, and zooming in on the focal point of all your pictures. :D
I would rather have 4 quarters then 100 pennies...Be careful that you choose valuable friends.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

The third one is REALLY good!!! I have wanted to get one of those really nice Canon on Nikon cameras for a long time, but I haven't been able to save enough money, so I kind of stopped. :( I might get back on it though....
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
AuntSarah
Caramel Crunch

what kind of Camera do you have?
Aha suh dude
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Thanks so much you guys!! :D
AuntKate wrote:The third one is REALLY good!!! I have wanted to get one of those really nice Canon on Nikon cameras for a long time, but I haven't been able to save enough money, so I kind of stopped. :( I might get back on it though....
Yay, thanks! It's one of my favorites, I've taken a ton of photos of her and they're all pretty good if I do say so myself, but that one in particular I really like.

Honestly, my camera wasn't that expensive! I bought it used in a pawn shop with my birthday money. At the time buying it brand new would have been around $500 (It's now down to $429), and that is just the base camera and a lens of your choice. I bought the exact same camera for $150, which included a really nice zoom lens, case, battery and charger, and SD card (which are also pretty important, as according to my dad, they determine how long you have to wait in between pictures). I also bought an additional lens (the one that normally comes with the camera) for only $50, when it's normally around $120 I believe. All at the same pawn shop :D
AuntSarah wrote:what kind of Camera do you have?
I use a Nikon D3200. For the first picture, I used a more basic 18-55mm lens (that's what you'll find comes with most DSLR cameras), but for the second and third, I used a 55-200mm zoom lens, which I've found I prefer much more for various reasons.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Audrey wrote:Thanks so much you guys!! :D
AuntKate wrote:The third one is REALLY good!!! I have wanted to get one of those really nice Canon on Nikon cameras for a long time, but I haven't been able to save enough money, so I kind of stopped. :( I might get back on it though....
Yay, thanks! It's one of my favorites, I've taken a ton of photos of her and they're all pretty good if I do say so myself, but that one in particular I really like.

Honestly, my camera wasn't that expensive! I bought it used in a pawn shop with my birthday money. At the time buying it brand new would have been around $500 (It's now down to $429), and that is just the base camera and a lens of your choice. I bought the exact same camera for $150, which included a really nice zoom lens, case, battery and charger, and SD card (which are also pretty important, as according to my dad, they determine how long you have to wait in between pictures). I also bought an additional lens (the one that normally comes with the camera) for only $50, when it's normally around $120 I believe. All at the same pawn shop :D
GREAT IDEA!! I don't think there are any pawn shops anywhere near where we live, but we have a few thrift stores....
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Guess who's back?

(warning, long description) This one was for the assignment "Spirit of Place and Space". We were supposed to try and capture the spirit of a place, which is way more difficult than you would expect xD To quote my description of this photo for the class: "I took this photo outside of a park/waterfall in the middle of my city, so I figured the contrast between the stone pillars and the green wrapped around them showed that while we were in the city, the farther we walked the closer to nature we got. I chose to put the person in the center for a variety of reasons...On this trip, he was the one who chose the destination (it was a surprise), so him being in front of the camera conveys that I am following him to see where this tunnel of sorts takes us. We almost always do these things together, so no matter what place I took the photo for this assignment, he would be in it in some shape or form because he is a big part of the spirit of it."
This one I took a while back in a really pretty field by my house that did not translate well on camera. I trespassed by accident, ruined my shoes with mud, and ended up with photos that look like desktop wallpapers :P
And this one was for the assignment "Abstraction". I took a photo of jellyfish at the zoo, cropped it, and upped the color a lot to make them seem like they were glowing; my professor said he couldn't even tell what the picture was of for a while, so I guess it worked?
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Wow! These are all beautiful! So inspiring!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

WOW they are so beautiful. I wish I could take photos like that.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

Who's ready to see super mundane photos of ordinary things that look really dark because I cannot get the coloring right?? (also it was dark ok)

I haven't been taking many photos since fall because it's been snowing so much here and there's nothing too interesting, everything is just white. But a few days I was bored as heck and took these in my room because why not. I literally have nothing else colorful to take pictures of and wanted to revive this thread. Someone HMU if you live in Minnesota and want to be my model. Wait, that sounds creepy.
I actually like this one more than I expected; this is taken from my door. The triangle is just my angled ceiling, haha.
UGHHH for some reason I cannot manage to get the coloring right on this. It looked so good on my phone then I tried to get it here and it's just not as good. But here's a photo showing that my bed is an absolute mess.
Similar to previous one but LOOK AT THAT DOPE FROST OR WHATEVER IT IS (that is the result of my windows not being sealed which is not good but who cares it's cool)
this one was intended to show off the frost as well, but really shows that I still have a butterfly windchime prominently displayed in my room at age 18.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

Thos are good, Audrey, I love the last one with the frost =) My windows do that too =p
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Wow! Those are amazing! :) Great job! :D