PennyBassett Fanfiction

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!

Upcoming Series?

Eugene and Katrina's Infertility
14%
What happened to Buck between GRC and TTTB
29%
Early 2000s (Trent, Mandy, Marvin, etc.) kids in high school
43%
Something with the Barclays
14%

Total votes: 7

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Haha! That's kinda what I thought when I started writing it! The next chapter has been a slow process and I've been really busy. I'll try to get it out as soon as possible! Thanks btw guys! Your compliments and criticism are greatly appreciated!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Ahhh please write more, the Meltsners are my favorite characters! I really enjoy your fanfiction (which is surprising because it is absent of explosions every 4 pages like I have)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thank you! Haha, I try to keep my fanfics based on the emotions of the characters, and when you do that, there isn't a whole lot of exciting explosions and whatnot. :lol:
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Okay, story time. This is a break from my current series. (tho, more of that is coming as well) For almost a year now, my friend and I have been thinking about what it would be like for Buck to have a foster-sister. We've decided on the name Elizabeth, Eliza for short. And, since Buck has a southern accent, it only seemed sensible for Eliza to have a British accent. So yeah, she does. I think we decided she would come to live with the Meltsners at the age of 5 or so, then she'd get adopted soon after. So, though I really have no idea if such a storyline would ever work, I wrote a little fanfic about her when she was older. It's about her and Eugene basically. I think I've just always wanted Eugene to have a daughter.
And if you like this character and want to see more, I'm happy to write more!
My breath was caught in my throat when I saw Elizabeth walk towards me. "Dad." Her beautiful British accent slightly echoed in the sun-washed church entry room. She was so beautiful. I immediately recognized her dress. "It's your mother's." My voice quivered. She nodded. "Dear Elizabeth." I ran my fingers across the flowers, the lilies, that were pinned perfectly in my adopted daughter's hair. Yes, she was absolutely breathtaking. I caressed her face, trying to keep from weeping. She took my hand in her's. Her nails sparkled as she stroked the back of it. "Daddy. Don't cry. Not yet." She giggled slightly while her own tears glistening in her hazel eyes; a lovely trait that set her apart from the rest of the family. I took her into my arms. 'Was this the quirky five-year-old that tugged on my at the bottom of my vest until I picked her up, after coming home from work each night?' My hand momentarily stroked the chestnut waves that came from the head that timidly rested on my shoulder. "Are you ready?" I whispered, not feeling ready myself. "Yeah." She whispered back. She held my arm as I walked her down the isle, the whole time her head still resting on my shoulder.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

That is beautiful, PennyBassett! You capture the feelings so well! I definitely think you should write more! (And send your idea to the writers!) Just one thing--aisle is spelled A-I-S-L-E. That is such an easy mistake to make! ;)
Last edited by Jo March on Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhgh I can't live without more of your stuff! Thanks for posting that, it was awesome. Please write more!!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

PLEASE write more! I read your fanfic on the first page about Katrina dying... Sparked my imagination so well. Pleaseeeeeeee!!!!
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

Hey Mariogeek (that's your name on thetoo)
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Agent.MontyWhittaker wrote:Hey Mariogeek (that's your name on thetoo)
Yep and I'm such a sucker for good fan fiction. I want some more so bad it makes me sound like an idiot. Love the way PennyBasset writes for Buck and Eugene.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thanks so much you guys!

Okay, so I'm finally putting out the next chapter for the Buck and Jules saga stuff! (woohoo!) Sorry I haven't posted it in like- what has it been, five months? Yikes. Well here's chapter- actually I don't even remember what chapter it is. (heh)
We walked into Rachel House. I felt a bit more relaxed, knowing people wouldn’t judge us in a place where couples like us came in every day. Jules’ hand suddenly let go of mine. “What is it?” I asked. She didn’t answer. “Jules?” A man I had never seen before came up to us. “Hello Jules.”
“What are you doing here?”
“Is that any way to greet your father?”
“What?” I swear my heart stopped beating. “Buck this is my dad. Dad, this is my boyfriend.” She was scared and that wasn’t a good sign. “Yes, the son-of-a-b---- that got my daughter pregnant.”
“Dad!”
“No, I deserved that.”
“No, you didn’t!”
“Jules, this ends right now, do you hear me?! Right now! You’re getting rid of it as soon as possible.”
“What?”
“You heard me.”
“Sir, can I attempt to change your mind? That would crush her, you don’t understa-”
“No. You don’t understand! I am her father and I will make these decisions and you will both do what I say without question, is that understood?!”
I took a deep breath.
“No.”
“What?”
“I said no. You can’t make her kill her baby.”
“Why not?!”
“Cause I’m stronger than you. And if I must physically protect my girlfriend from her own father, so be it.” My heart was beating furiously. I hadn’t expected to lash out like I did. No one said anything.
Then,
"Dad, I think we should talk about this later." Jules didn’t like people getting hurt. Physically or emotionally.
"All right. Dinner. Tomorrow. I want to meet Buck's parents."
"Okay. But you already know them." Her voice shook.
"I do?"
"Yeah. Eugene and Katrina Meltsner."
"What?" He went pale. "Since when did they have children?"
"I'm adopted." I mumbled, trying not to smile at my new position in the family. It was difficult to say that sentence with a fair amount of casualty without getting excited. "Hm. Fine. We'll discuss it then. Goodbye Jules."
"Bye Dad." Mr. Kendall walked out. I looked around to see if anyone was watching us. One person was. My stomach lurched. She left. "Jules."
"Yeah?" Her voice still held an intense hint of anxiety. "Mrs. Parker is here."
"What?! Did she see us?!"
"Yeah. I think so." I swallowed hard. "She didn't know. Did she?" I asked, feeling the unwelcome first signs of a panic attack.
"I don't know. Let's go."
"Where?"
"After her. She has to know at some point."
"Yeah. Yeah okay." I wasn't sure why but the shame of the situation was somehow heavier than it had been before, even with Katrina. Something about me and Eva Parker's relationship told me she would be really disappointed in my failure.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Oh wow! Great job!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I don't approve of cussing... but... how fitting all around.
Also, GOSH, that is gonna be one awkward dinner. O.o This whole scenario is so AWKWARD! Wait, what am I saying, Odyssian scenarios are usually awkward.
I continue to wonder how to ethically handle a situation like this, and I have no answer, so I am impressed that you actually have a take on it. I would be interested in an actual Odyssey episode of this sort, to see what they have to say.

I hope the next chapter has Eugene in it :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, sorry about that. I'd tell you why I kept it in, but ya know, spoilers. Oh, and just to be clear, I don't take cursing lightly by any means, I'm just about what's realistic for my characters, and in this instance I felt it was realistic. Again, sorry if I offended anyone! If you'd like me to, I'll be happy to put in a warning thing if I have language in any future fanfics. :)
But I'm glad you enjoyed it! Hopefully I'll have the next chapter up in a week or so!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

OK it's been like a week! And a half! :)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I know and I'm very sorry. I was on vacation, then working at a camp, (It's been a rediculous summer). Btw, I think it's halarious that we're both waiting for each other to post fanfics. XD
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

OK well if you are waiting on me, which I wasn't aware of, then I will let you off the hook because I have had a crazy summer so far as well. :D Unfortunately not all of it has been good but you know. In the general state of things it has been pretty good.

I look forward to it when you get the chance!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

OK you guys so PennyBassett wrote a fanfiction for Odysseynerds and it's really good. Tom's Funeral! :clap: https://odysseynerds.wordpress.com/2017 ... anfiction/

I should probably paste it here but I usually have trouble pasting things to message boards from Wordpress.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Okay, so I'm pushing pause (again) on my Buck and Jules arch. I've been working on it a long time, and it's just not making me excited anymore. Hopefully, I'll still finish it one day, but for now, I have a couple other chaptered fanfics I want to post on here, and hopefully on fanfiction.com as well. So, here's the first chapter in a fanfic, I am calling, "Chosen."

Chapter 1
“Stop! Please! Just stop!” I tried to scream, but I couldn’t hear myself. Nothing came out. I was being hit. Over and over again. I couldn’t see, but it hurt. My head pounded from the continual beating. I just wanted it to stop. When I thought I wouldn’t be able to take any more, the knife dug into my hand. I screamed out in pain. This time I heard myself. With a trembling breath, I was awake.
I sat up, shaking, out of breath, and wet with tears. With vibrating hands, I reached for the damp cloth that was sitting on my nightstand. I held it up to my head, hoping to soak up some perspiration. That’s when I started crying again. I’m not sure why. It’s fuzzy now. I guess everything just hit me at once. I hadn’t been crying for very long when my door opened, and Katrina rushed in.
“Buck! Buck, are you alright?” She asked, gripping my shoulder.
“W-where. Where is he?”
“Who?”
“Mr. Skint! He was here!” I gasped for breath.
“Buck- “
“He was here! He stabbed my hand!” I sobbed, showing her my scarred, but not recently cut palm.
“Buck. Buck listen to me. You’re safe. Mr. Skint isn’t here. That happened years ago. You’re all right!”
“But it still hurts! My hand hurts!”
“Let me see,” she sighed, taking my hand in hers. “See. Buck look at it. There’s a little scar but nothing else. It was just a dream.” She was right. I knew she was right. But I felt like she was wrong. I buried my face in Katrina’s shoulder, then was attacked by a new round of confusing sobs. As Katrina stroked my hair, she whispered through a mournful voice, “You’re safe. You’re safe. Hey, Eugene and I need to talk to you tomorrow.”
I'll try to post at least one chapter a week!
Last edited by PennyBassett on Fri Dec 29, 2017 8:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Whoohoo! I have been missing my doses of drama! ;)
Glad to see a new series! :clap: Don't worry about not finishing your other one I do that ALL THE TIME.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

THIS IS GREAT!!! Keep up the good work!
Jo March