PennyBassett Fanfiction

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!

Upcoming Series?

Eugene and Katrina's Infertility
14%
What happened to Buck between GRC and TTTB
29%
Early 2000s (Trent, Mandy, Marvin, etc.) kids in high school
43%
Something with the Barclays
14%

Total votes: 7

PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thank you! Looking back on it I'm not really sure why I wrote it. I think I just wanting to experiment and think about how everyone would react. There are three more that I wrote related to it, one at Katrina's funeral and two at the Parkers. Don't worry though! I don't concider this cannon in AIO or my fanfic and have many more stories with Katrina alive and well!
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok I have this one on my website but I never posted it on here for some reason. Hope you enjoy!
I held back tears and cringed as the cold cloth touched my face. My other hand pressed an ice pack against my black eye. "It stings." I said, trying not to get angry. Katrina sighed, "I know. But we have to get the dirt out of these cuts before infection sets in." I bit my lip and let her continue to clean my face. Just then a stinging pain penetrated my stomach. I gripped my side and nearly shouted. "What's wrong? Are you alright?" Katrina's tone sounded scared. And I hated it. "I'm fine, my stomach just hurt all of the sudden."
"They hit you in the stomach?" I nodded, then cringed again after a second pain stabbed higher up. "That's it. Take off your shirt."
"It's not that bad." I lied.
"Then prove it."
"Fine." I did as I was told and removed my shirt. Katrina gasped at the sight of the many bruises that polluted my stomach and chest. "Are there more on your back?" I nodded hesitantly. Katrina sighed then grabbed the cloth. "Please don't. It'll hurt." I knew the pain would be greater this time. "No more than cleaning your face did." I looked down and reluctantly complied. She started to clean a cut close my shoulder. I was struck with a sensation of fear and pain as I waited for her reaction. Then it came. "Buck there's a scar on your back."
"More than one." I quickly wiped away shameful tears. "They're glass cuts." She stated shocked. I nodded. I sat down on the bathroom floor and buried my face in my arms. Katrina sat down next to me and gently put her hand on my head. "Will you let me continue?" She asked. I nodded at turned around. I clinched my fists and she started cleaning again. "Do you want to tell me how you got these scars?" I practically whispered my answer, "Mr. Skint."
"He abused you?" The horrifying tone drowned my mind in a sea of terrifying memories. I hated that she called it abuse. 'It wasn't abuse.' He had told me. "Not very often." I half reassured her and myself. "Usually when he was drunk. He just got angry sometimes. He would always say it wasn't his fault." I stammered, "Cause he was drunk and couldn't control himself." I paused doing everything I could to keep myself from breaking down in sobs. "The glass was from bottles."
"Oh Buck. I am so sorry. I had no idea."
"No one did."
"But pastor Juan-"
"He didn't know." A tear fell down my cheek. "It's fine though. Don't worry. They don't hurt much anymore." I winced and gripped my stomach. "Here." Katrina handed me the icepack. I held it against the bruise and turned back so I was leaning against the bathtub. Katrina walked over to the sink and washed my blood from the cloth. "I'm sorry about this." I said as I put my shirt back on. "I- I should have been more careful."
"No." She knelt down beside me. "There's no way you could have know this would happen."
"But maybe if I had just walked a different way home or something. I hate to waste your time with this." Katrina put her hand on my shoulder with tears in her eyes. "Buck, look at me. It's not a waste of time. Don't ever say that. I told you when you came to live with us that I would do everything I can to help you turn your life around and that's still true. Nothing will change that."
I forced a small smile. "Thanks." Though I still hated putting her through my pain.
"Do you feel like eating anything now?" I shook my head. "No. No I think I just want to go to bed."
"Ok." Katrina empathetically smiled. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything."
"Ok." I waited for her to leave then set the icepack on the counter and walked out onto the landing where I could see into the living room. I sat down and leaned against the railing. Eugene was just sitting on the couch staring at the fireplace. Katrina came in and sat down next to him. She was immediately embraced and I knew I was safe.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Here's some recently written Trandy fanfic for ya.
I swirled my pencil on the outside edge of my history test I had just finished. The pattern added a nice decoration to side of my plain test and gave me a distraction while I waited for the rest of the class to complete their assignment. 'Ugh! I can't doodle now! What am I thinking?! That could lower my grade if the teacher saw the sloppy pencil marks on my test.' I quickly flipped my pencil around and erased the swiggles. My gaze drifted across a few rows of desks. Trent sat on the other side of the room. I felt a chill prickle up my back, pushing hairs up on my arm and neck. I glanced down at my hands. My nail polish was half chipped away and the under nail was polluted with black filth. Besides that, my cat ear headband was crooked, my shoe was untied and had been nagging me to tie it all class, and my hair had refused to corporate with the style boarders a humid day like this one enforced. Trent though. His hipster glasses rested perfectly on his nose as they outlined his blue, concentrated eyes. I tried not to stare at him, but it was too hard. He was beautiful. Perfect. My mind drifted back to when my parents were separated. He was always there. Listening when I needed to talk. Giving me a shoulder to cry on. He glanced in my direction. We smiled at each other. I looked back at my assignment, still smiling.

I sat at my desk, trying to focus on the history question I still hadn't been able to answer. I inhaled, knowing Mandy was sitting a few chairs away. I nervously pushed up my glasses and began to tap my pencil on my desk. I stopped tapping afraid it was bothering people. 'I'm so weird. Why do I have that habit?!' Convinced my hair was partly messed up I smoothed it out and nervously glanced at Mandy. She was staring at me. I smiled at her. I couldn't help it. She was so gorgeous that day. She wore a sparkly pink sweater with a collar on it. Her jeans matched the rest of her as always. So did her shoes. Her hair rested on her back in a braid. Not one hair was out of place. Her mascara highlighted my favorite part of her. Her eyelashes. I would stare at those eyelashes for several minutes at a time in middle school. Now that I was in high school, that seemed silly. She only got more beautiful as time went on. My heart skipped a beat when the idea that had shot into my mind that morning came back to me. 'I should ask her out.' Knowing I would never have enough courage to do so I shoved the prospect to the back of my mind. 'I just can't do it. Not yet.'
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

i'm making a kardashian cry face rn this is so

i'm just

it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Didi
Cookies & Creme

More Buck!
More Trandy!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
"I was born with white vans on"
"Vans weren't even popular when you were born"
K.R.E.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I did have a lot of fun writing the Trandy stuff. I'll probably write more in the future. Maybe I'll go do that right now...
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

MORE OF EVERYTHING, PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!! These are SOOOO good!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Alright, it might be a while before I post chapter 2, but here's chapter 1. This is a series about Eugene and Katrina.

Chapter 1
I stood frozen in time. A cold terror rushed through my body. “What?” I half whispered. “I’m very sorry Mrs. Meltsner. But for now, your husband has amnesia.” I swallowed, restraining tears. “Can I see him?”
“Yes. But I should warn you.”
“Warn me about what?”
“Well, patients who have recently experienced memory loss can be emotionally unstable. Since we aren’t sure the extent of the brain damage yet, and since he didn’t mention you, then it’s likely he doesn’t remember you. That could mean emotional distress for you as well.” It’s what I somehow expected but hoped wasn’t true. “Alright.”
I walked into the conciliation room where my beloved husband sat. He played with his hands like used to when he was nervous. His face didn’t look nervous, though. I hated to admit it at the time, but he looked confused. But it wasn’t the face of confusion he had when he was working on an invention or the face he once gave me after laughing and saying that he was trying to figure out how I could be so smart and funny at the same time. No, this face was a face of loss. His eyes were glazed over almost like he was in a trance. His lips were pressed together like he was holding something back. And his eyebrows were lowered as if they found comfort in being closer to his blue eyes than usual. I smiled but tears were already welling up in my eyes. I walked over and sat down across from him. “Eugene?”
“Hello.” He didn’t smile but his eyes met mine. “I’m sorry.” He said. “But I’m- afraid I don’t recognize you.” I sniffed and a tear fell down my cheek. I didn’t know what to say. “Oh, Eugene.”
“I-I’m sorry.” His voice quivered. Eugene was crying too. “Eugene. I’m Katrina Meltsner.”
“M-Meltsner?”
“Yes. We’re married Eugene.” He stared at me for almost a minute. A tear fell down his cheek. Then he looked away. “I- I don’t quite understand. I’m married?”
“Yes. Why did you think you were wearing a wedding ring?” I said between sobs. “I- I wasn’t sure. How old am I? I was sure I was thirteen. However, my voice is a bit deeper.” I laughed a bit. “Eugene, you’re twenty-seven.”
“Twenty-seven?”
“Yes.”
“Oh, my. I’m sorry, but could you perhaps tell me about myself? Where do we live? Where do I work? Where are we now? I- I don’t understand.”
“Ok.” I took a deep breath, taking in the terrifying realization that I was about to explain to my husband what his life was like. “Right now, we’re in Washington DC. We live in Ohio. In a town called Odyssey.”
“Odyssey. That’s where Campbell College is located, isn’t it?”
“Yes. You work there.”
“Fascinating.”
“Eugene. I think we should go back to the apartment and sort through things there.”
“Yes perhaps so. But please tell me more about myself.” I was almost angry at him. He wasn’t crying anymore and he was taking everything so casually. He didn’t talk to me like his wife anymore. He was older than me and talking to me like I was in authority over him. He hadn’t talked to me that way since the day we met. It was offsetting and almost eerie. I sighed. “Let’s just go.”
Later that night I sat outside on the porch of our Washington DC apartment. I looked over at the bed Eugene and I had shared the night before. He looked so peaceful. Why is he so calm?! My head screamed. I was so stressed out and he was just sleeping. My head spun as I realized that unlike the death of my father, this was a situation Eugene wouldn’t be able to help me through. But I knew who I needed to call. Without thinking twice, I picked up my cell phone and dialed Whit’s number. One ring. Two rings. Then, an answer. “Hello? This is John Whittaker.” I had forgotten how much I missed that voice. “Hello Whit.” My voice quivered. “K-Katrina?”
“Yes. It’s me.”
“Well, we haven’t heard from you or Eugene for months! How are you?” I didn’t mean to, but I broke down. “Oh Whit.”
“Katrina? What is it?”
“Eugene.” I cried. “Eugene has amnesia.”
“Amnesia?”
“Yes. He doesn’t remember anything about what happened after he came to Odyssey. Whit, he doesn’t remember me.”
“Oh Katrina.” The tears had been holding back, for Eugene’s sake, flowed for hours as Whit and I made plans. Eugene and I would come back to Odyssey and hopefully, Eugene would be able to regain his memory. “I’m always here for you Katrina. We all are.”
“I know. And thank you.”
“I’ll be praying.”
“Thanks, Whit.” I hung up and lied down on the trundle bed I had set up a few hours before. I was exhausted and went right to sleep.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

This is really good!
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

I love this! Filling in the blanks of what happened when Eugene lost his memory, from Katrina's perspective. I'd like to read more! You are a wonderful writer, PennyB.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thanks everybody! So I was going looking through some fanfic of mine last night. (When I say some l mean some of the 88 notes on my phone that are ALL fanfic about Buck) except for a couple that forgot I ever wrote. One of said other fanfics is one about my Odyssey crush: Ryan Cummings.
I was eight when it happened. I'm thirteen now, but the experience still haunts me. I want to tell Jill about it so much but I can't. I know she'd know how to make me feel better. It was a Monday. I had just gotten home from school and I remember being really excited to show my mom a picture I painted for her that day. Mom always came to the bus stop and then we would walk home together. She didn't come that day though. So, being the sensible little kid I was, I walked home myself. When I opened the door though I wish I hadn't. The back window was broken and glass from shaddered China and vases lay scattered across the wood floor. Terrified at the sight of our recked house, I cried for my mother, like the pathetic child I was. Before I could finish a word though my voice was broken by the sound of shattering glass. And someone else was yelling. My dad. My heart skipped as I realized what was happening. My dad was angry. At my mom. He was hurting her. I was struck with a sensation of righteous fury and bolted up the stairs fully prepared to protect my mother like the courageous hero I thought I was. I kept running until I got into my parents bedroom. Then I stopped. My ears hurt from how loud my dad yelled at my mom. She was huddled in the corner. Crying. My father held a picture which he threw against the wall after yelling something that didn't even make sense. I couldn't make out the words but I recognized the tone all too well. He was drunk. He grabbed another frame and raised it above my mom. "Stop! Stop it!" I yelled braking myself out of a daze. My dad turned around and just threw the picture at the door. It barely missed me and shattered against the door post. That's when I broke. I started sobbing like the terrified adolescent I was. "Just stop. Please don't hurt her!" I couldn't bare seeing my mom get hurt again. My dad walked towards me, his eyes were pierced with anger and dimmed with alcohol. "Shut up Jim." My face was pain stricken as I realized what had happened. He smacked me. Now thoroughly panicked I ran to my room and locked the door. I cried into my knees while my dad banged on the door for the longest time screaming at me to unlock it and let him in. I felt so stuck. All I knew to do was to wait it out like the strong little boy I had just been forced into becoming.
Last edited by PennyBassett on Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Wow! This is really, really good!
Jo March
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thanks Kate!
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok I've been writing stories about foster children in Odyssey but what happened to them later kind of. Anyway here's one about Kelly.

My heart pounded. I looked around frantically and then pulled out my lighter and last box of cigarettes. 'Why am I so nervous?' I thought. 'No one will know.' Marvin was in his room and our parents wouldn't get back for a few hours. As I put the cigar up to my lips an old thrill washed over my body. I was dangerous girl. Bad girl again. It made me feel powerful; rebellious. Suddenly, the stick I was holding between my middle and pointer finger was snatched from my hand. Marvin appeared in front of me. I pressed my lips together, shocked and growing in anger. "Marvin don't you dare tell Mom and Dad!" I reflexively ordered him. "Why shouldn't I? You're smoking Kelly. You gave that up five years ago. Or you were supposed to have." He smashed the cigarette between his fingers. The intimidating tone he had previously used forced me to realize the stupidity of the action. 5 years? I hid that death sentence of a box in my room for five years? Just waiting to get it out again one day. "I'm sorry." I choked on tears. "But please. Don't tell Mom and Dad!"
"Why?" My crying hadn't softened him a bit. "Marvin, I promise I won't do it again, it was a stupid idea."
"Yeah, it was. And why shouldn't I tell Mom and Dad about it?"
"Marvin-"
"Kelly." I felt a tear slip from my eye. "Why shouldn't I?"
"I couldn't bare disappointing them again!" I cried. Despite the anger that I knew was still swirling inside his head, he put his arms around me and let my tears drown out my shame and fear. I stood in that embrace sobbing for an empty length of time, still clutching the worthless cigar box. When I finally took my head off his shoulder, my seventeen-year-old brother grasped my the sides of my shoulders and forced out the words, "Kelly. Kelly, I have to tell."
"I asked you not to." I said panicked, dropping the cardboard box. "I'm sorry. I don't want to tell on you and if there were any way, in accordance with God's law, that I could take the pain and shame that you are going to feel and put it on myself I would. But I just can't." I did my best to hold back sobs. "Marvin. I'm scared. I'm so scared. I should be the one to tell them. I know that. But I'm scared."
"I know. Don't worry. I'll help you tell them." This time I hugged him. "Thanks Marvin."
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

This is wonderful PennyBassett,
I've always wanted to see more of Kelly's life after the adoption. And one can imagine she'd still have to wrestle with bad habits and dark thoughts. It was definitely more emotional coming from her perspective, excellent work with letting us into her mind.
And bringing in Marvin as a strong, caring older brother...thank you :) .
Thank you PennyBassett, please continue to write. :clap:
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

GREAT!!! this is awesome! You are quite talented!
Jo March
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thanks guys! Your feedback is so wonderful to hear! After listening to When One Door Closes, I wrote some fanfic about the episode from Katrina and Buck's perspective. It's not as complete as I'd like it to be, but I think you'll enjoy it.

I came downstairs and stopped. Fear stuck my stomach and rammed up into my heart. Miss Katrina was sitting on the couch, a tear fell down her cheek. She was crying. She put down the phone she was using and stared at the fireplace. "Buck, come sit down." She said still staring straight forward. As I sat down I tried to imagine what she could be crying about. Then I knew. Eugene. I bit my lip. "Buck?" I looked into her eyes. "Did something happen to Eugene?" My voice quivered. She nodded and took my hand. "Buck, Eugene just called me." I let out a breath. He was alive. "He and Whit are in hiding." I tried to keep my lip from quivering. "From the people who don't like Christians in Aljanistan?" She nodded again. "Are they safe?"
"Well, they're in hiding so for now, yes."
"Can I call him?"
"Not right now. He said you can later though. And he told me to tell you that he misses you and loves you and he promises to come back."
"Ok." I nodded. "I'm scared."
"I know. But you have to be brave for us ok? God will protect them."
"Ok." I put my head on her shoulder and she stroked my hand. We sat in silence for a while thinking about the seemingly impossible situation that faced us. I didn't know what to do so I prayed. Just in my head. A simple prayer. Not something I had heard the pastor at church say or a phrase Mr. Skint taught me to recite but a simple four word sentence. "Please God, protect Eugene." I don't know if it was because I prayed but tears swelled up in my eyes. And I cried. I didn't want to. I wanted to be brave but I just couldn't. I didn't know how. I sniffed and let out a breath that was shakier than I wanted it to be. I lifted my head up and wiped my eyes. Katrina looked at me, sympathy hanging in her eyes. "Hey, it'll be fine okay? He'll come back." I nodded, trying to believe her. "Okay."
Kathy0
Cookies & Creme

Oh My Goodness! That is really really good!
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Great job!! You did awesome!!!
Jo March
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thanks guys! I love hearing your feedback! I recently finished another short story. This one about Nick. I might make it longer later but for now this is all I have:

My fingers moved across the rounded surface of the pill bottle. With shaking hands I pressed down and turned the top. My door unexpectedly opened. It was Lisa. "Hey."
"Hey." I said, slightly choking on air. "What do you want?" I asked holding the bottle in my hand as stiffly and silently as possible, knowing that even though she couldn't see it, she would be able to hear it if I got careless with my actions. "Just to check on you."
"Check on me? Lisa, you don't-?"
"Nick?"
"Yeah?"
"Please don't leave." She gently put her hand on both of mine. An act that seemed to drain from my body, the hatred I had been harboring for myself. "How'd you know?" I asked, my breathing shaky. "Mental telepathy." She laugh-cried. I laughed slightly too. "I love you, Nick. Please stay."
"Ok." I cried. "I will."