PennyBassett Fanfiction

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!

Upcoming Series?

Eugene and Katrina's Infertility
14%
What happened to Buck between GRC and TTTB
29%
Early 2000s (Trent, Mandy, Marvin, etc.) kids in high school
43%
Something with the Barclays
14%

Total votes: 7

Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

Hahaha that is smart lol
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Well all, this is it. The last chapter. :boohoo: I've never finished a series before, so this is actually kinda exciting! \:D/ :clap: Stick around though, cause, as you all know, this isn't close to being done. :noway: No sir. Not even close. :twisted:

CHAPTER 30
“Okay, okay,” Buck laughed, turning on the video camera. “You wanna start?”
(Eliza) “You remember it better than I do.”
“Okay, I’ll start then,” he said, looking into the camera. “So, this is a video about the day we were adopted!”
(Eliza) “We’re making it for the ten-year anniversary! Huzzah!”
(Buck) “Huzzah!”
(Eliza) “Dad says huzzah a lot.”
(Buck) “He does. That’s true.”
(Eliza) “We’ve picked it up!”
(Buck) “So. Ten years ago, you were five.”
(Eliza) “I was. Fifteen now!”
(Buck) “True. And I was sixteen then.”
(Eliza) “So, you’re twenty-six now. Do you feel old?”
(Buck) “No. I’m still a teenager.”
(Eliza) “That’s true. He is.”
(Buck) “So… the story of our adoption! Elizabeth, what do you remember from those days?”
(Eliza) “Okay, so I remember, and Mum and I were talking about this earlier, I remember waiting for you to pick me up, and Uncle Jack, he had the song “Happy Dance.”
(Buck) “Oh my gosh. That song.”
(Eliza) “He had it on his phone and I sang and danced to that song on repeat for probably an hour.”
Buck smiled.
(Buck) “A couple weeks after you got home, you asked mom to play ‘the happy song.’ And no one knew what that was. Once she found it though… it wouldn’t stop playing. For years.”
(Eliza) “Not years!”
(Buck) “Months.”
(Eliza) “Fine,” I giggled. “Tell them about coming to get me.”
(Buck) “Hm. That was the first time I saw dad cry. We weren’t allowed to visit you when Mom and Dad were separated, so we didn’t know how you’d react when you saw us again.”
(Eliza) “This next bit always gives me chills.”
(Buck) “We walked in the door, and the second you saw Dad, you bolted to him. He picked you up, and you wrapped your arms around his neck. Before he put you down, a few tears slipped down his cheeks.”
(Eliza) “See, I think I remember that, but it’s hard to tell how much actual memory is, and how much is just stories I’ve heard.”
(Buck) “Right.”
(Eliza) “I remember that we had dinner at the airport.”
(Buck) “Oh! That was cool! First of all, I’d never been to an airport before. And secondly, that was when we met Gramps and Everett. It was your first-time meeting Gramma.”
(Eliza) “Mhm.”
(Buck) “She loved you so much. Thought you were adorable. And Gramps’ reaction to our accents was priceless! Cause he’s from England.”
(Eliza) “We’re both come from Yorkshire.”
(Buck) “So that was pretty cool. He still doesn’t like my accent.”
(Eliza) “I like your accent.”
(Buck) “Thanks.”
(Eliza) “So, they stayed at our house that night, right?”
(Buck) “Yeah. In the basement.”
(Eliza) “Had Gramps and Gramma met before that?’
(Buck) “Um… you’d have to ask Mom. I actually don’t know.”
(Eliza) “Hm. So what about the next morning?”
(Buck) “The next morning Mom made crepes.”
(Eliza) “Mum makes the BEST crepes.”
(Buck) “So true. Then we got everything ready for the party.”
(Eliza) “Was the party first?”
(Buck) “No. We went to the courthouse and made it legal first.”
(Eliza) “I remember the courthouse. You cried, didn’t you?”
(Buck) “Yep. I did.”
(Eliza) “What part made you cry?”
(Buck) “I think when they gave us our name stones. Cause then it felt so much more real.”
(Eliza) “Yeah. Oh, I love my name stone. It’s blue.”
(Buck) “Mine is black and gold.”
(Eliza) “Yours is really cool.”
(Buck) “What do you remember of the actual adoption process?”
(Eliza) “Not a whole lot. I remember everyone was really excited and crying, and I think the judge let me tap her gavel.”
(Buck) “So, our ceremony was really cool because we exchanged vows and stuff kinda like a wedding.”
(Eliza) “Everett videotaped it.”
(Buck) “Yep. We should watch that today.”
(Eliza) “We should. It’s a good video. There’s also the one of the party.”
(Buck) “That was a really fun party. Everyone got a little dressed up, and tons of people were there.”
(Eliza) “We had a dance party.”
(Buck) “We did. And we’ve got that on video too. You were so adorable.”
(Eliza) “Really?”
(Buck) “Yeah cause you wore that poofy navy dress, and you kept saying you were a princess. Then you’d pretend to be the boss and tell everyone what to do. It was great! Oh! Do you remember-”
A firm knock interrupted our video. Buck clicked it off the camera as we instinctively turned and ran to the underground tunnel in rehearsed silence. Most of the gang was already there, sitting on the couch or recently carpeted floor. Mum and Dad soon joined us. As I sat against the wall, I looked over at Jules who had her head and Buck’s shoulder. As Buck began to stroke Jules’ hair, he mouthed to me,
“We’ll be okay.”
That was the last thing he said to me.
Last edited by PennyBassett on Mon May 14, 2018 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

OH. MY. GOODNESS. Why why why did you have to make it so suspenseful?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

NOOOO ANOTHER CLIFFHANGER! How dare you.
But really pleaseeeeeeeeee post soon!
(That S a nice chapter but it's hard to keep up with who is saying what)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah, I thought about putting names next to the dialogue. I think I'll do that since you mentioned it. And I so love torturing you all. :lol:
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

UW89SPGTDFXVJNKODSFU89PSGDVHNIO;JOFH;SY9P

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT

:mad:

I literally banged on the keyboard how can you do this to me!? You'd better write before the mafia comes to your house! We're going to find you! We're going to make you finish this!!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:UW89SPGTDFXVJNKODSFU89PSGDVHNIO;JOFH;SY9P

WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT
WHAT

:mad:

I literally banged on the keyboard how can you do this to me!? You'd better write before the mafia comes to your house! We're going to find you! We're going to make you finish this!!
Shall we attack or shall we give her two days to post?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Katie10 wrote:
Shall we attack or shall we give her two days to post?
Two days. Exactly 48 hours starting NOW.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Well, I'll do my best, however, if I fail to meet this deadline, you'll find the La Croix out in the garage. I may be about to be murdered, but that doesn't mean I've lost the art of hospitality. :yes:
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

LOL I’ll help if you want... I call passion fruit La Croix.
Jo March
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

Time's almost up... I'm coming to claim my La Croix. :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

She has around two hours. (I hate la Croix do you have anything else?)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Nope. Actually, I think my grandpa has some diet coke in the fridge. So, if you can take one of those and get out of the house without being caught, go for it.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

PennyBassett wrote:Nope. Actually, I think my grandpa has some diet coke in the fridge. So, if you can take one of those and get out of the house without being caught, go for it.
Maybe I'll just give the la Croix to my brother. (1 hour and 29 minutes)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Alright. Here it is. Tiny warning though, it's a little depressing.

Chapter 1
Silence. Warmth. Safety. I was safe.
“BUCK! BUCK! YOU HAVE TO COME AND SEE THIS!” Katrina cried and banged on the door, vibrating my bones until I was conscious. It took me a moment. Why was she waking me up?
“What? What’s wrong?” I asked, noticing it was two in the morning. She ran back down the stairs. Sitting up now, I cocked my head to the side. A sick feeling barged into my stomach without thinking to knock. Something was wrong. Heart rate accelerating, I got out of bed, threw myself into my robe and ran downstairs. Across the hallway, to Eugene and Katrina’s room. Once Katrina saw me at the door, she walked over with a tear-stained face and hugged me. What was happening? She let me go, then told me to come into the room. The TV was on. What I saw.
“Mom.”
“Eugene. ?” Katrina’s low voice sent an ache underneath my throat. Eugene was sitting at the head of the bed, holding his legs, tears in his eyes.
“Mom. That’s- that’s impossible,” I stared at the screen for a moment, then swallowing hard, finally said, “I don’t understand. This is real?” I turned to Katrina. She nodded. I turned back to the television. In front of me was a live helicopter view of a field. A field full of bodies. Hands growing in perspiration, I struggled to listen to the news reporter who struggled to speak.
“So um- as you can see here, this is a great tragedy. Oh my god. There are so many…”
We didn’t sleep the rest of the night. How could we? The whole night was one news station contradicting another. One would claim that North Korea was responsible- another said it was a terrorist attack, yet another held a group of Christians responsible. Finally, around 5 a.m., the news reports began to even out. Christopher Allen, a popular Christian speaker in DC, who often spoke harshly- and even violently out against the American government and claimed to hold the same views as all Christians, had held a convention to speak about his views. After stepping onto the stage, at his command, a group of his supporters ran into the audience and literally gunned it down. 4,000 people died including Christopher Allen. Fury burned everywhere we looked. The internet was in an uproar. Talk shows jumped on the opportunity for a dramatic discussion. The TV was on for most of the day. I hate thinking about that day. What it led to. Eliza didn’t understand. Poor Katrina did her best to explain what had happened, but how does one explain a mass shooting to a five-year-old? The scariest part? Christians were responsible. Or rather, people who claimed to be Christians. Eugene said no one with the holy spirit inside them could do that. However, the media held Christians responsible. So, everyone who hated Christians, to begin with, became angrier and felt they were proven right about all Christians, and anyone who was indifferent became suspicious. There was fear. Fear on both ends. Christians felt threatened overnight, but so did everyone else. The same day, a few more violent outbreaks erupted in bigger cities, but we didn’t fear that happening here. Not in Odyssey.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

It's da eeeeeend of da woooooooorld.
Thank you for posting quickly. :)
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Haha of course! And, that reminds me! As I already told Hope, this is not an end-times fanfic. I thought briefly about making it one, but decided against it, mainly because well, it's so hard to know what it'll be like, and then you'd know the ending haha.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

PennyBassett wrote:Haha of course! And, that reminds me! As I already told Hope, this is not an end-times fanfic. I thought briefly about making it one, but decided against it, mainly because well, it's so hard to know what it'll be like, and then you'd know the ending haha.
Gotcha. Can't wait to see what happens next!
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:It's da eeeeeend of da woooooooorld.
Thank you for posting quickly. :)
That's exactly what I thought when I finished it. Please write more!
Ps you were over two days.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Well, okay I thought I wasn't. The timezones got me mixed up.