Rogue units operating within

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Rogue units operating within

Hey all, here is a one-shot "scrap" I made some time ago. Not really connected to anything else at the moment, though the characters do reappear elsewhere in my headcannon. Enjoy!

She peered out across the shell-torn landscape populated by the corpses of buildings interspersed with craters, some of which were still smoking. The fighting had died down for the moment, although this was probably because all potential targets were either dead or behind cover. She pulled her wide-eyed younger sister closer to her and looked over at Jefferson, who was crouched about twenty feet away. He proceeded to shoulder his M4A1, and turned to the older black man beside him. It was, after all, the man's little portion of wall and tower that they were hiding behind. Jefferson stared at his weapon and gave the man an inquisitive look.

“That's not a normal AUG, I take it?”

A smile spread across the older man's face.

“Nah, this is a GreyMatter AUG, little bro.”

“GreyMatter?” A look of surprise crossed the younger man's face.

“Yeah. It compresses 30 of them 30 cal babies into one.” The older man held up a finger to emphasize.

“Can you penetrate Imperial Space Marine armor?”

“Nah, 'ah avoid 'em much as ah' can. But, yah know 'em Space Marine armor knockoffs?”

The younger man nodded breathlessly.

“Well, ah' found ah' can pop 'em in the shoulder and around here,” and he motioned towards his thighs, “so yeah, them rip-offs ah' can do.”

“Can you cover us across the clearing?”

“Wee-ell, nomally 'ah avoid pickin' a fight; 'specially with 'em giant tin cans around. But 'ah see what 'ah can do. Where you headed anyway, man?”

“I'm trying to get this young lady and her sister across the city to the free-fire zone, about 3 miles due east of here.”

The older man gave a whistle.

“Man, you askin' to get youh' 'ead ripped off. Well, it's uh good cauz', 'ah suppose. 'Ah got ya across this field, bro, and good luck.”

“Thanks.”

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter
Blitz
Moose Tracks

*Bows slightly her remark about him.* Permission to quote?
What is your headcannon about?
Debate Vampire

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:*Bows slightly her remark about him.*
Who said I was a him?
Blitz wrote:Permission to quote?
Sure. Which part?
Blitz wrote:What is your headcannon about?
It's....complicated. And big. It's current form pulls heavily from other sources; this piece is from an earlier iteration; I have more with Jefferson in it but I don't know if it would be...postable.

The main themes of my stories tend to be:

1. Humans vs "gods"
2. God's sovereignty over one's life and destiny
3. Human's attempts to gain eternal life

Most everybody fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Cool that sounds interesting. You know I can edit it for you a bit. *Coughs* I mean we both win. I get extra reading material, and you get an extra eye.
Debate Vampire

NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Blitz wrote:You know I can edit it for you a bit.
Lol I see what you mean; what I meant by unpostable was that the content may be too mature for this venue. Moreover, there isn't half as much as what someone like Helios puts out, so I would have to start writing more if I was going to begin posting.

If you want, I can send you something, and you can decide if you think it's worth trying to post and make suggestions. Sound good?

Most people fear ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Oh okay np. I'll be glad to look at it.
Debate Vampire

Helios
Butter Pecan

You have things that aren't postable? By all means, post away! Now I'll have a partner-in-crime. :twisted:
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Helios wrote:You have things that aren't postable? By all means, post away! Now I'll have a partner-in-crime. :twisted:
I would recommend not doing that, as the mods tend to consider it a boo-boo. ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Helios wrote:You have things that aren't postable? By all means, post away! Now I'll have a partner-in-crime. :twisted:

Ah, so you have posted the unpostable before; I had wondered. Did anyone get to read it?

Etc., etc.: I, Ninjahunter