My Book

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

My Book

So.... I'm writing a book. It's not very good so far, mostly because I HATE RESEARCH. So, I'm coming to you guys. I need some answers. :) SOOOOO, if it's alright with everyone, I was thinking, apart from my own private research, every so often I would ask you research questions relating to my book, and along with it release hints about it. And when I get all my different questions answered to make the first section of the book historically accurate, I would release those few (or more than a few) paragraphs for you guys to critique. What do you think? Would you all be willing to help me? ;) Mods, Admins, whoever needs to 'okay' this (since this is kind of different from all the other things on here), is this okay? If it's okay with whoever, and if I can get 10 people to help, I will release the first questions and hints!? :P
Dream Big
Caramel Crunch

I would love to do anything I can to help☺︎
⚓︎We have this hope as an anchor for the soul. A hope both sure and steadfast.
Hebrews 6:19
Paula
Peach Cobbler

*looks tiredly at DB*

I'd love to add any helpful facts as well when the need presents itself \:D/
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Thanks guys! You're the best! :lol:
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Feel free to ask. I love research.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Awesome Blitz, thanks! The book takes place right before and a little bit during the Civil war, if you want to get a head start. :P
Dream Big
Caramel Crunch

Awesome!❤︎ I love historical fiction! =)
⚓︎We have this hope as an anchor for the soul. A hope both sure and steadfast.
Hebrews 6:19
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Awesome! Thanks so much guys! Just 7 more people, and someone to let me know that this is (or isn't) okay, and I'll ask the first question. Thanks again Paula, Dream Big, and Blitz! :D
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Naw not much needed. I just did an essay on it.
Debate Vampire

Paula
Peach Cobbler

I think it's fine, MnM...I mean it's your own personal thread that has your "art" within it, and it's in the right place so I think the mod/admin team is cool with it =P
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Oops, didn't see that you asked for it to be okay, but since it hasn't been removed yet, Paula is right, you're fine :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Paula wrote:I think it's fine, MnM...I mean it's your own personal thread that has your "art" within it, and it's in the right place so I think the mod/admin team is cool with it =P
Oh, okay! That makes sense! :)
Belle wrote:Oops, didn't see that you asked for it to be okay, but since it hasn't been removed yet, Paula is right, you're fine :)
Okay, that's fine! Thanks! \:D/

Edit: Soo... just to clarify, by volunteering, it just means you'd be willing to check by every once and a while, and volunteer any help if you can. It doesn't mean researching every subject! If no one else volunteers in the next week or so, I'll still start it for those who wanted, but any help would be appreciated. Thanks! :D
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I also could do a bit of research.
Proud K.R.E Member
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Alrighty! Thank you all so much! The first 2 things I need help researching are:
1. Mail delivery during the 1840s.
2. The outside of big houses in Boston in the 1840s.
Feel free to ask me what I mean by my questions if you need clarification! Thank you all SO much!
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

This already sounds interesting! But I do not now much about any of those :oops:
Proud K.R.E Member
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Mail delivery was done by coaches or horse at the time.

That you can just look up 19th century house design. It varies.
Debate Vampire

MnM
Raspberry Ripple

That is totally fine, Mickey, dont worry about it, and thanks, I hope you guys like it! Okay! Thank you so much Blitz! I wasn't sure if it was by hand or what! I will! I'm going to be working on my book this weekend, so I will work on those things and release the first few paragraphs sometime this weekend or next week! :D