Paula's Random Thoughts

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Paula's Random Thoughts

Hi everyone! So I'm very new with all of this but I thought it would be cool to have my first topic be about poetry. I don't know how many of you have heard of Fine Arts but I entered this first poem in last year and made top three.

So this poem is basically saying that no matter where you are in your life, no matter what you have done or what type of person you are that God will love, and forgive you no matter what. I hope you all will enjoy it.

His love is like the ocean tide that washes upon the shore, filling in the holes in life, and making us new again.

His love is like leaves on the great branches of a tree, just waiting to give off just enough shade from the problems in life.

His love is like the brightest light imaginable, shining down, and chasing away all darkness.

His love is like the purest water that washes away all the dirt and filth that covers our lives.

His love is like the rough sands that rub against the jagged stones of the sea, and making them as smooth as silk.

His love may seem unfair sometimes like the strong wind that blows hard against the trees, but He already has a plan in mind, for your life, and for mine.

His love may bring sorrow, and pain, but in the end He will turn all those painful words, the hurt, the loss, and the devastation into something beautiful.

Now His love isn’t just here to make life easy, or to protect us from any harm. His love is here to guide us, and to shape our hearts, after his own.

We say we’ve heard all these words, and have taken them into our hearts but yet we still constantly yearn for earthly love, when His love, the one and only love we will ever need, is just waiting for us to grasp.

His love is here for the unlovable, broken, and the lost. His love is for the abused, hopeless and, forgotten.

His love is a free gift, given to us through the shedding of innocent Blood, and by the slaughter of the purest lamb.

Now only one question remains, how do we receive this free gift? This amazing love that goes on, and on. The most forgiving love, that even the greatest of sins, is just not enough to separate us, from His love.

Now let these words dwell richly within you, and Let them prosper, and grow. For this is what the Lord our God wants you to know.

Ask, and it shall be given onto you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you: For everyone that asks receives; and he that seeks finds; and to him that knocks upon the door it shall be opened; as for His love… Believe and His love will dwell richly within you forever, and ever.

Your sins are forgiven the debt is paid you are
A new creation you are remade.

Your sins now remain at the foot of the cross,
Your old self is gone your new self remains.

His love is God’s love, and God’s love will
Never change.
Last edited by Paula on Thu May 07, 2015 10:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
"update your signature, Paperclip's term ended ages ago" -Swah
Happy now?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Here is another poem. This one is about hearing the voice of God through the seemingly loud or quietness in the world. Hope you enjoy it :D
I listen and wait, but hear nothing.

Then, I faintly detect the sound of a lazy breeze rustling the leaves of a great oak.

“No,” I thought, “It must not be.”

I listen again hoping to hear the beautiful sound just once.

A sound like no other that could lull a baby to sleep, but also frighten the bravest of men.

The sound of water trickling down a shallow stream grabs my attention.

I pause for a minute, but thought it not to be.

A gentle laughter floats through the air,

I listen for a second more, but it too I rule out.

I hear in the distance the howl of a coyote, alongside the chirping of crickets.

I relax for a while, but continue listening.

A loud clap of thunder catches me by surprise, but it as well, is not.

I hear the patter of rain as it falls gently onto the pebbles of the shore.

I hear the steady cry of a newborn baby.

I hear the gush of the wind as it blows hard against the trees, making them bend and creak in such
A majestic way.

I hear the crackle of a burning fire, and the angry roar of the ocean.

Then, abruptly I hear silence. I sit and wait.

Then a sound like no other fills my ears,

As loud as a lion, but as gentle as a lamb.

The sound turns into a loud voice, which almost instantly turns into a gentle whisper.

I listen intently, hoping to hear what the voice would say.

But then all of the sounds came rushing back, like a giant wave of the sea.

But In the midst of it all, I could still make out the still small voice.

I smile to myself and become satisfied,

For I know in my heart that I had heard the voice of God all along.
Fast & Jelly are at it again. This time they face the evil fast clickers. Can fast be faster? Is Jelly too slow to turn them into jelly? Find out this week on Fast & Jelly! --> Penguin
Happy now?
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Wow, those are great! Keep up the good work! (um, you double posted by the way...)
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Thank you! (yeah, I know, but it was posted like 3 months ago, and no one had posted)
Happy now?
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

I'm not fond of free rhyme poetry. But I love the ideas they are so real and beautiful!
Proud K.R.E Member
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Micky wrote:I'm not fond of free rhyme poetry. But I love the ideas they are so real and beautiful!
Thank you :D
Happy now?
Paula
Peach Cobbler

*bump*

Hey all! So after a long time of silence in this thread I've decided to post another poem *cheers* and if you're wondering if I write poetry that rhymes the answer is "yes", but I prefer writing free verse better ;)
This poem is about the moving process. I actually wrote it while we were pulling away from our old house. It was thunder storming and I got inspired by the rain, but I also needed a way to express my emotions in a creative way other than crying =P I wrote the end recently, because let's be honest now...You can't write an encouraging ending to a poem when you're sad =P Annywho...I hope you enjoy reading it \:D/
Rain Drops
I watch helplessly as the rain splatters against the glass…
The drops seemingly to be my old thoughts hopes and dreams
The anguish in my heart rises and I so long for those drops to come back
I watch sadly as the familiar people and places drift away like a great big cloud
The fear of loosing those close to me brings tears of confusion to my eyes
The tears slowly fall to the ground, forming a puddle at my feet
I take a deep breath and wipe the fear from my face
The coldness and haze that once roamed my heart dissipates, and warmth suddenly brushes up against my cheek
I glance up at the sky and watch with astonishment at the many colors of promise
The sun warms the tips of my hair and it brings hope to my heart
I watch as new life springs up from the ground…And I smile with joy
I look ahead at the long journey before me…I smile with confidence and start out on the
new path…The path, known as change.
Happy now?
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

That's really good! Your are an amazing writer!
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Lovely sis, lovely. You have an amazing talent. YOU GO GURL!
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Thank you! SO! I've got a new poem for you all! It's about society, and living to please the world. I've been wanting to write a poem on this subject for sooo long, and I finally created one that I'm pleased with so I hope you enjoy it ^_^

Society
We live in a world where the right is the wrong
We live in a world that muffles our song
We live in a world that wont accept us
for the people we are and the God that we trust

We live in a world that follows the crowd,
who changes our wants to make others proud
We live in a world where it's all about us
and if we don't reach a standard we're treated like dust

We live in a world where we go through the motions,
and being ourselves is just a rash notion
We live in a world that judges our heart...
By the way that we look; how we play the part

We live in a world where we're forced to take hold
of the ways of the world to fit in the mold
We live in a world that substitutes God
and when you are hurting you smile and nod

What has happened to this world I once loved?
Where the only authority was the one from above

We live in a world that has fallen to sin,
but hope is not lost, because we can still win!
God's love is greater than this lost society,
and the sooner we realize this the sooner we'll see
That being who God created you to be
is better than being one with society.
Last edited by Paula on Tue Sep 29, 2015 4:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy now?
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*wipes away a tear* (not literally, but...)

LOVE IT. :clap:
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Wow. Just wow. That was amazing. I think I LITERALLY wiped away a tear. :P Perfectly said. :clap:
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I need to find a rapper...
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Wow, that was really good. ^_^ It sounds like it should be a rap. :P

Just a few picky thoughts... First, if you want the rhyming to really be "pointed out," you can divide each line into two lines, so the end of each line rhymes. However, this is basically poet's license, so if you like it the way it is, then just tell me to shut up. The meter is a little off at times, but that's forgivable at course, because meter is really hard. ;) The last line could use just a little more help (meter-wise, so add a few words or something...) because it is much shorter than the rest of the lines. All the other lines (if you think of your first two lines into one line, that is) are definitely longer than that one. The wording though is pretty good, and I like most of your rhyming. :D It sounds like it should be a rap thh. :P

*By the way, I am no way a poem expert... I hardly know even a little bit about poetry. These are just some thoughts I had.... Whenever I show my talents/gifts, I like getting criticism or advice of some sort, rather than simply: "Good jobs!" So, that is what I am doing here. :mrgreen:*
xo eht haiasi-
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Isaiah the Ox wrote: Whenever I show my talents/gifts, I like getting criticism or advice of some sort, rather than simply: "Good jobs!" So, that is what I am doing here.
And you hand it out in bucketfulls. :mrgreen:

Actually, I am amazed at how you know just enough about every subject to know a bit more than everyone else. O.o
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Emma
Peach Cobbler

Miss Friendship wrote:
Isaiah the Ox wrote: Whenever I show my talents/gifts, I like getting criticism or advice of some sort, rather than simply: "Good jobs!" So, that is what I am doing here.
And you hand it out in bucketfulls. :mrgreen:

Actually, I am amazed at how you know just enough about every subject to know a bit more than everyone else. O.o
xDDD I laughed so hard. Lol
Mandy
Peach Cobbler

PAULA!!! I love it. You definately have talent. Keep writing poetry! :clap:

~Lady Mandy Knight of the
Order of Chrysostom in the
Court of the Debate Vampires~

MF: How much do you know about Helios?

Woody: Let's see. I know you survived her
drama, I know she's a danger to
society, I know she's a lie, I know
Belle is unfazed by her wrath, I
know she has ox horns, and I know
I should beware of her.

(And she is also my enemy. :evil: )
Helios
Butter Pecan

I love Society....you and I should totally get together sometime and have a poetry-fest. :D
Paula
Peach Cobbler

Thank you all Image
Y'all are very encouraging ^_^ *sets the date* So it's settled, Helios... I'll bring the chocolate \:D/

Last night I wrote this spoken word, and I thought that it would be worthy enough to post here. The only thing with spoken words is that they're meant to be read by the creator with their own rhythm and emphasis so you might find it hard to really understand the flow of it all, and since a spoken word is meant to be preformed there isn't really a way to structure it sooooo...*cough* Good luck =P Anyway I could go on and on about this type of subject, and as you can tell by my poems, this is something that I really think about and am very passionate about =P If any of you have any suggestions I'm open to them, because this is literally a rough draft....
What this world has been struggling with is identity.
Who we truly are and who we are meant to be...
More than a name or a profession or whether we're a he or a she.
Lately we've grown accustomed to letting what everyone else pretends to love, define who we are; if we're good at sports or if we drive the latest car. At first glance we tend to place the people around is into categories, which will then help us figure out if they're worth our time. Now before you criticize what I say I want to let you know that we've all done that five letter word known as "Judge." Most times we can't help it, but that shouldn't become this world's excuse. Sometimes society will get into this habit of focusing on the bad in people and neglecting all the good while if God were to do the same we'd all be hopelessly lost. The world has taught us to cover up who we truly are with facades and masks that keep our true selves hidden; we try to fit in with the rest of the fake by gradually darkening who we are, and as the time goes by we start to define ourselves as the fake double that we've created out of those around us. See...Somewhere along the line, man decided that it was alright to pick out these "imperfections" in Gods' flawless creation, and consider it okay, but what we have to realize is that when God created us He didn't make any mistakes, so it's about time we end this mistaken identity, and know in our hearts, that who God created us to be is what we we'll define as our true identity.
Happy now?
Dream Big
Caramel Crunch

This is beautifully written Paula! You captured the depth of the topic excellently. Aye, this is for next year's Fine Arts competition, right? ;)
⚓︎We have this hope as an anchor for the soul. A hope both sure and steadfast.
Hebrews 6:19