It is currently Wed Sep 19, 2018 4:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: Tiger's Sketchamascribbles
PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:42 am 
Mocha Jamocha

@Arnold and Gooey: Thanks!

I suppose that is the good thing about radio. It's probably my exposure to the "tall and skinny" stereotype that leads me to picture Trent's build the way I do, so I was thrown for a loop when I finally deciphered what Arnold Schwarzenbanger was saying through that accent in "The Present Long Ago" and realized that he was calling Trent both "Noodle-Arm Boy" and "round and dumpy". Since this messed with my established headcanon, I chose to ignore this, citing the multiple inconsistencies in appearances referenced throughout the show as my mental excuse. ;)

This drawing is a departure from my usual AIO fanart, and has a bit of a story behind it. I bought $125 worth of Prismacolor markers, but my hopes for them fell flat when I found that, try as I might, the skin colors weren't the tones that I wanted them to be, and the blender gave the drawing a "had water spilled on it" look. I decided that, so as not to waste that massive chunk of change, I would use the markers for the purpose for which I bought them in the first place—clothes—and instead use colored pencils for things like hair and skin. I decided to use Harry Potter as my guinea pig, and I feel no shame in saying that I'm quite pleased with the result.

road work ahead? uh, yeah, i sure hope it does

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 5:37 pm 
Fudge Marble

It's gorgeous! I love it.

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:57 pm 
Coffee Biscotti

I adore them both! Their clothes are great. Mandy's outfit is adorable and Harry rocks his scarf. The pen and pencil blend works great.

“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 8:04 pm 
Butter Pecan

Yes, that's excellent. I love that you didn't just do a portrait of Daniel Radcliffe or Harry as Rowling draws him. Your picture alone seems to give Harry an entirely new personality, one that is playful, wry, and arrogant.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:07 pm 
Cookies & Creme

I always pictured Trent the exact way that you drew him, Tiger Shadow. A skinny kid with glasses. :lol:

Markers are a difficult media to work with; and you handled them well!

Your pictures are lovely!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 12:30 am 
Mocha Jamocha

Thank you, friends! :D

I haven't updated this thread in awhile, but you all should be grateful. You know why?

Trent/Mandy sketches. Literally all you would see is Trent/Mandy sketches. Like this nonsense:

I've always headcanoned a fairly substantial height difference between them. It's like, freshman year they're roughly the same height, with him being a little taller, and then they come back from summer vacation and BAM he's grown half a foot. (Seriously, guys, would it kill you lot to do that a bit more regimentedly?)

I like to apply Rule 63—that is, the principle that if a character exists someone has reimagined their stories as "what if this character was the opposite gender"—to most of my fandoms to some degree, and that includes AIO. (I had an idea for all of the mains to be genderbent, but I scrapped it after I realized that I have some kind of psychological aversion to proper artistic rendering of the middle-aged.) I kind of have this idea that Tricia DeWhite would really like wearing neat, "preppy" clothing, and I like to think that even if Trent was a girl and Mandy a guy, the former would be taller than the latter, just not by such a wide margin—and Michael Straussberg is totally okay with that.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2015 7:16 am 
Peach Cobbler

TigerShadow wrote:
Just in time for Christmas. \:D/ A lovely user on tumblr wrote me a fic about Trent, Mandy, and Christmas outfits, and I was inspired.

Sorry but I don't like Trent in this picture :?

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:27 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

Micky wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:
Just in time for Christmas. \:D/ A lovely user on tumblr wrote me a fic about Trent, Mandy, and Christmas outfits, and I was inspired.

Is there any particular reason for this? If it's just a preference thing, then that's fine, but if it's a technical thing, I need to know so I can fix it in the future.

Recently, I had a discussion on tumblr concerning Monica Stone, and what would happen in a scenario where she became a Christian, was released from prison, and returned to Odyssey. I personally like the idea that the first person she would befriend (after Jason, obviously) would be Penny; gradually, everyone would become more comfortable around her, and she'd sort of become a Sixth Ranger (so to speak) for the main cast. (I also like the idea that she'd be able to get the art that no one else but Penny understands. :) )

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:43 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Hm...The freckles/moles kind of bother me, just personal preference I guess. But overall it's good.

My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:23 pm 
Fudge Marble

I actually like her freckles and red hair. I don't quite get her expression though. What is she thinking there? Her eyes are kind of close together but some people are like that.

Of course, you know who I'd rather have Jason with. ;)
you couldn't do another Jason/Connie could you or have I spoiled whatever tiny bit of liking you may have had for that ship

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:42 pm 
Moose Tracks

I really do enjoy your art, Tiger. :D

Can you draw Bernard? Love him. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 26, 2015 11:55 am 
Peach Cobbler

Help! Monica with Measles!
( :) )
JK, those drawings are good!

"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:28 pm 
Cookies & Creme

Those are really good, tiger!
Keep going!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2015 8:35 pm 
Peach Cobbler

Gooey98 wrote:
Hm...The freckles/moles kind of bother me, just personal preference I guess. But overall it's good.

Yes the freckles creep me out, No but really there good.! \:D/
TigerShadow wrote:
Micky wrote:
TigerShadow wrote:

Is there any particular reason for this? If it's just a preference thing, then that's fine, but if it's a technical thing, I need to know so I can fix it in the future.

Recently, I had a discussion on tumblr concerning Monica Stone, and what would happen in a scenario where she became a Christian, was released from prison, and returned to Odyssey. I personally like the idea that the first person she would befriend (after Jason, obviously) would be Penny; gradually, everyone would become more comfortable around her, and she'd sort of become a Sixth Ranger (so to speak) for the main cast. (I also like the idea that she'd be able to get the art that no one else but Penny understands. :) )

No nothing technical I'm not sure I like Trent like that but it is growing on me!
But I do love Mandy!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:59 am 
Mocha Jamocha

I haven't had time to draw anything satisfactory for months now, beyond the more polished work I do for my official portfolio, but I recently finished this drawing of one of my childhood heroes:

He's gonna catch 'em all, 'cause he's Danny Phantom...

I've done drawings in colored pencil only, without inks or any other form of outline, but I haven't done something beyond a simple bust. I enjoy this style - it lets me be freer with textures rather than be limited by what a pen can represent. I'm not fond of that left hand, and I probably should have taken a white colored pencil to that ghost trail, but whatever - I'm still pleased with the results. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 10:24 am 
Cookies & Creme

Greaet job, Tiger!

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2015 12:13 pm 
Fudge Marble

I loved looking through all of your art :) Thanks for sharing

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm 
Chocolate Chip

Ahh! Aaahhhhh! Tiger sketches! Tiger sketches!

They are all awesome, absolutely amazing. I think I've seen them all on the ToO, except that adorable one with all the Trandiness and the Christmas jumpers. *jumps up and down* PERFECTION. I love it so so much, everything from the colouring to the body poses, to their facial expressions (Mandy is exactly right here, and I adore Trent's pout), just aaahhhhhh!

Nice work, as always. :)

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:09 pm 
Mocha Jamocha

This is a (quite idealized, I assure you!) self-portrait several weeks in the making, done in colored pencil and india ink.

Offline Profile  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:32 am 
Peach Cobbler

Coooool! I love it!

"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates

Offline Profile  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 72 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next