Tiger's Sketchamascribbles

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Tiger's Sketchamascribbles

Here be the thread where I sear your eyeballs off with my weird art. \:D/ Most of what I post will be fanart, but I'll probably post some more traditional pieces here and there. A large percentage of what I draw (for AIO, at least) will be of my favorite child characters: Alex, Liz, Mandy, Marvin, and Trent. Personal headcanon that they formed the most rad group of weirdos Odyssey High has ever seen is a GO.
Trent probably said or did something dorky, prompting Mandy to shut him up in the best way possible. \:D/ This will probably be my default method of drawing kisses, because trying to figure out how to keep the lips from looking like weird triangles is a real pain. (It's also more dynamic-looking because of the angle, imo.)

I'm not quite sure what Marvin asked Seth to do, exactly, but I think it had something to do with a Christmas event that Marvin has been tasked with helping to organize and he's having to slog through. This was very fun to draw, because I absolutely love gesture drawings.

I have this weird headcanon that Liz is the most prone to taking selfies, and she's got a killer duckface. They're all about 20 or so in the photo, and an older Liz, now a professional journalist, likes to remind herself of the good times. From left to right in the selfie: Mandy, Trent, Alex, Marvin, and Liz.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

*jaw drops*

*squeals*

OMYGOODNESS I LOVE THIS SO SO MUCH

Your idea, your drawing skills. Absolutely fantastic! I want to see more!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

These are amazing, Tiger! Agreed with Wren, please show us more if you get the chance.
TigerShadow wrote:I have this weird headcanon that Liz is the most prone to taking selfies, and she's got a killer duckface.
:P I could see Liz taking selfies.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

This will probably be among the few things I draw that has no shipping slant...or at least, no Trandy shipping slant. :(

Top left is vaguely Alex/Liz. I ship them, but I personally headcanon that they became involved romantically in their early- to mid- thirties. This is partially because I think it works for the characters and partially because I was looking for a solution to the problem of Alex and Liz being high school sweethearts. I envision them walking their own ways to work on the streets of D.C.—Alex to his computer programming job...somewhere...and Liz to her job at the Post—and then suddenly bumping into each other and slowly recognizing each other after the years they spent apart.

The girl on the right is Sarah, as I envision her. Short hair and bangs gives me too much happiness. :(

And then some of my favorite scenes, because why not draw Connie, Nick, and Sassy Kelly? \:D/
Audrey
Cookies & Creme

So. So. Perfect. *bounces* I love these!

Also, we imagine Sarah the exact same way, apparently xD Seriously, it's like my image of her in my head sprang to life on paper. :o

Please, please make more of these! They're amazing!
An owl and a squirrel are sitting in a tree, watching a farmer go by. The owl turns to the squirrel and says nothing, because owls can't talk. The owl then eats the squirrel because it is a bird of prey.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

Hmm. I like those. Which one was Nick? I couldn't tell.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I just want to join everyone in adoring these and pleading for more. I love that drawing of Connie saying a memorable line with Connie like restrained drama.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Mr. Whit's End: Nick is the curly-haired kid next to Connie on top. :)

This is how I picture Kelly as an older teenager/young adult. I don't think that she ever really lost the "edge" she had; honestly, I kind of think that she'd look like the band Fireflight personified. (Also, smoky eye makeup is a real treat to draw. :) )
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

She looks kinda like she's her eyes are crossing.
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Why is it that people often say people's sketeches are crosseyed? First off, that's often just how cartoon characters are drawn, their eyeballs are pretty close together. Secondly, she doesn't look crosseyed. How are you even seeing that?

Anyhoo, it's epically Kelly. Yay for being colored, yay for her amazing jacket, and I as well adore the smokey eyelids.

Oh, and so long as I'm complimenting your work... http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... 611#p85611

Sorry, I have no problem fishing for compliments.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

(Well, in all fairness, I myself had some trouble dealing with the bane of every artist's existence: THE OTHER EYE.) ;)

That, Mr. Foolish, was quite subtle. \:D/
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

Sorry!! Just my opinion!!
Yes I have trouble with THE OTHER EYE too.
Sorry!
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Hm....
I like the first one, not so much the Liz/Alex/Connie/Nick/Kelly/Sarah one.
But I'm honestly having a really hard time imagining Mandy kissing Trent. It just seems out of character for her...but it's very well drawn.
My David Crowder*Band website: http://dcbplus.weebly.com
My YouTube: http://youtube.com/WillLocatelli
My gaming YouTube: http://youtube.com/KingGrahamGaming
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

WOW! I think that does look a bot like Kelly. I would like to see more of AOI characters in color! Like you did with Kelly!
Proud K.R.E Member
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Gooey98 wrote:But I'm honestly having a really hard time imagining Mandy kissing Trent. It just seems out of character for her.
Out of character at age fourteen, yeah, but probably not at age, say, 18-20. ;) Maybe I'm interpreting these characters wrongly, but I see Mandy being the type who reacts spur-of-the-moment, you know?
Gooey98 wrote:I like the first one, not so much the Liz/Alex/Connie/Nick/Kelly/Sarah one.
Any particular reason? Is it a matter of personal taste, or do you think I did something technically wrong?
Micky wrote:I would like to see more of AOI characters in color! Like you did with Kelly!
I plan to, believe me. I just ordered forty Prismacolor art markers, and when those things come in I'm probably going to (finally) draw the Hogwarts AU I've been beating around in my messed-up noggin for months now.
HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Sorry!! Just my opinion!!
Yes I have trouble with THE OTHER EYE too.
Sorry!
No need to apologize; you recognized a problem that I myself noticed. I'm not putting my art here because I think it's perfect, haha. :)
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

TigerShadow wrote:
Gooey98 wrote:But I'm honestly having a really hard time imagining Mandy kissing Trent. It just seems out of character for her.
Out of character at age fourteen, yeah, but probably not at age, say, 18-20. ;) Maybe I'm interpreting these characters wrongly, but I see Mandy being the type who reacts spur-of-the-moment, you know?
Oh, I didn't think they looked 18-20 in that picture. They look more 15 or 16 to me. But it's hard to tell, I guess. At 18-20 it might make sense...it's difficult for me to imagine the characters at that age.
TigerShadow wrote:
Gooey98 wrote:I like the first one, not so much the Liz/Alex/Connie/Nick/Kelly/Sarah one.
Any particular reason? Is it a matter of personal taste, or do you think I did something technically wrong?
Just personal taste, I guess. Sarah looks way off to me, but it's just my opinion of course.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I really like your art, Tiger. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Just in time for Christmas. \:D/ A lovely user on tumblr wrote me a fic about Trent, Mandy, and Christmas outfits, and I was inspired.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

That's actually... really amazing. By far your best one yet. I'm dead serious when I say I would fork up 10 bucks right now to have that framed and put on my wall. Your Mandy is exactly how I picture her to be. As for Trent... well, I think it's just the beauty of radio that we all picture him differently. I always pictured him a little shorter, and for some reason, with big eyes. But still, fantastic job overall. Out of all the many, many skills that I don't have, drawing is probably the one that I wish I had most, even though it's also possibly the one I'm worst at. Oh, well... even if I can't use colors to describe things, I can always use prose. \:D/
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Gooey98
Raspberry Ripple

Great picture, Tiger!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:As for Trent... well, I think it's just the beauty of radio that we all picture him differently. I always pictured him a little shorter, and for some reason, with big eyes.
I always pictured him that way too!