Benjamin's Interesting Life

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Benjamin's Interesting Life

EDIT: This is my new topic where I post things going on in my life. So, a blog.
Music oriented posts will be on my other topic. So most of my posts will most likely be over there...
But if you're interested in my life.... You get brownie points.

Just got back from the theaters. Went to see Epic.
It was actually better than I thought it was going to be. I'll tell you what I liked about it.

Action/Violence) A lot of great action/violence. (Which I like) :P Surprisingly, a lot of it reminded me of Lord of the Rings.

Story Plot) Pretty good. Could've been a little better, but I liked it okay. I was pretty surprised there wasn't a lot environmentalist junk in it. Lol

Things I Didn't Like) One song during the movie. It was only like 30-40 seconds long, but that was long enough.
One kiss at the end. Not a huge one, but a kiss nonetheless. (I'm not a huge fan of kissing and stuff like that)

Over-All) I think it was a great movie! Some of it might have been a little scary for younger kids. It was rather dark in places. Over-all, I'll give it 5/5 stars! ;)

A bit of a weak movie review, I know. But hey, maybe it'll make you guys want to see it!
Mara
Pistachio

I just saw that on Sunday! When I saw the trailer a few months ago, I had no idea what it was about. I really liked it! And I liked how the boggins ( i think they're called) looked like animals to humans because of their capes.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

How's it going people? Good? Good.

Guess which totally awesome person from Soda Shop Bethany and I got to hang out with today?

Take a guess before you look at the picture.

Image Cuznae! (Renae for those of you who don't know.) :P HAD A TOTALLY RAD TIME MEETING YOU, CUZNAE!
Got to the church she was at around 12:30 and hung out for a little bit till 1:30. Because she had to get on the road. Had a totally awesome time! Wish we could've gotten to hang out just a little longer, but I enjoyed the fun time we had! :D I really wish Lexi could have gone but unfortunately, she has a cough. :/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On the way home from meeting my cousin, I saw this sign and needed a picture of it, so I had my mom turn around so I could take a picture. I made a meme out of it. It may not be the most hilarious meme in the world, but when I took a picture of it, it was pretty funny. :P
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Also, here's an awesome song for you. I was looking for something new to listen to, (big surprise there :P) and found this awesome EP that I totally love. So here's a sampled song from that EP that I thought a few of you might enjoy. :)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

God bless your faces.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

OH. MY. GOSH. I am so freaking jealous. >.< That's amazing. Seriously. Looks like so... much... Fun... *Cries*

ANYways, hahaha, that sign is funny. =p
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

WAAHHH! I'm in the same boat as Sammy!

Looks like you guys had an awesome time though. :D
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

BEN! Had an awesome time with you guys two Sundays back! Thanks so much for coming...seriously O.o
You guys are EPIC and I had so much fun! I was disappointed that I had to leave so early but thankfully we at least got to meet. You guys are always in my prayers :)

Say hi to your mom from me! :mrgreen:
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

@Shamwow and Kay, maybe sometime in the future I can meet one of you guys! That would awesome.

~~~

Two weeks ago, I borrowed LEGO Lord of the Rings for Wii from a friend. (I actually borrowed it several hours later after meeting Renae.)

Today, I finally beat it! Yay for me!

Well... almost beat it. Let me explain.

I've technically beaten 99.2% of the game. Why? Well, the game has a BUG! No joke. I looked it up online because there's one more Mithril brick that I have to collect (and believe me when I say, I CAN NOT FIND IT) and it appears that other gamers are having the same issue. The game developer (Traveller's Tales) didn't develop the game nearly enough. So there are bugs. BUT, for PS3 and Xbox 360, gamers can download a patch for the game and fix the bugs! That's great... for them! But I have a Wii, and those patches do nothing for me!

So I am eternally stuck on 99.2%. -_-

These were my following reactions to the game's fail:

First I was like:
Second:
My current feeling:
Last edited by Nelson S. on Sat Jul 11, 2015 3:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

What's going on everybody?

I have sad news, after almost one year of faithful service, my headphones gave up on me. I'm so sad. The left ear decided to leave, and I'm sure the right ear will follow soon. It's the longest I've had a pair of headphones though.

The 16th of August was the one year anniversary of owning them. It was almost a year. I had a tombstone made.
Image :P
My sister has a pair of headphones that she's letting me use. They're not the best headphones in the world, but they'll do till I get my new headphones.

But what I'm actually posting about is that I bought a new pair of headphones. :D
The price was only $59.98! ... Yes, it did hurt to pay that much for headphones. But I figure it's an investment for the future.

I pray they last longer than one year. O.o I'm hoping to get good long time of use out of them.

Here's what they look like.
~~~~~~~~~

God bless your faces.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

My sympathies on the loss of your dear beloved headphones. :(

The new ones look pretty sweet, though! :D Those should sound pretty killer.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

xD @Tombstone

Those look epic. But I am poor. :( Ah well. Apple headphones again. :P
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

One plus for me is he can hear me when I talk now! :lol:

Love the tombstone, Ben. May they R.I.P.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

@Metal, I hope the sound is killer. $60 should sound killer. :P Haha!

@Sam, I feel for you... You having to use Apple earbuds pains me greatly. :(

@Bethany, -_-
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

My headphones finally made it!

I was getting a little worried because Amazon was saying they weren't shipped until yesterday. So for five days, I was worried for my headphones. (Yes I know you're thinking, "Wow, five days, Ben? What a whine bag. :roll: ") But believe me, it was very difficult to wait and was very strenuous on my soul.

:P

They sound pretty much amazing. So full sounding. Great bass. They were exactly what I was looking for. They're just a little tight on my head, and make my ears hurt a little, but I think with time they'll loosen up. It doesn't affect me too much, but could become a little annoying. But overall, I really like them!
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Sweet, enjoy dem headphones. :D I need to get some of those one of these days... :P
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah, man, I surely will!

If you really want to get some nice headphones that don't cost $60. I recommend Sony MDR-ZX300. Those were the ones I had before my new ones. Even though they only lasted for a year (for me), they're definitely worth $20.

~~~

This morning I found out that Si from Duck Dynasty is in the Bible. No joke. The book of Acts, Chapter 10, Verse 5. And picture proof. Observe.
I KNOW. I was totally surprised too! Si is mentioned many times in this chapter! But for some reason, the Bible keeps putting "mon" after his name and call him "Simon". Not really sure why though. Maybe they think he's Jamaican or something. *shrugs*
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

*Facepalm*

XD Study just a TAD more there, Ben...

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Haha. Yeah, I think I will...

Bethany and I will be starting school soon. :(

Yeah, it stinks. Though I'm happy because I only have two more years left. Since I'm starting 11th grade. Not entirely sure what subjects I have. That hasn't been decided yet. I really hope I don't have to do another year of math for high school. -_- I've already done three years of math for for high school. Which is considered enough for college, but my mom is thinking another year would be good... geometry. Uhg, I really don't like geometry. But whatevs.

So I'm not entirely sure what I'm doing for school. So I shall tell you when the time comes.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

I've done three years of high school math too... I have to do trig this year. O.O Geometry was OK... Although I felt like throwing my book out the window when I had to do proofs :x
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

*cries* I am so sorry Ben! :cry: I'm so sad! Not really. I'll have something to do now! :D
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

Stella C. wrote: Although I felt like throwing my book out the window when I had to do proofs :x
O.o

I ALWAYS get that feeling!! We must be related :O
Nelson S. wrote:Yeah, it stinks. Though I'm happy because I only have two more years left. Since I'm starting 11th grade. Not entirely sure what subjects I have. That hasn't been decided yet. I really hope I don't have to do another year of math for high school. -_- I've already done three years of math for for high school. Which is considered enough for college, but my mom is thinking another year would be good... geometry. Uhg, I really don't like geometry. But whatevs.
So you're a junior 8)
I am a sophomore. Otherwise known as a "wise fool" :cry:

What sort of degree are you planning to pursue in college?
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.