Annie the musical

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Annie the musical

I understand this is kind of a useless topic, but as soon as I get the information I need you mods can delete this topic.
I'm auditioning for the musical "Annie" next month and I have no idea who to audition for! I have never seen the musical or movie, so I'm in need of some help.They cast by age and talent (I'm 16yrs old, and can pass as a young adult on stage, and I'm an alto with not that great of a voice, but I am willing to try for a solo/speaking part just for fun)
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

How big a part are you looking for?
Annie is a young girl, however, depending, some people might look for older girls, or younger girls. Is there a way to find out?
Mara
Pistachio

I was in this musical!
Is it for kids? If so, what is the age range of the kids? That could help...
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Joy: I don't really care, I just wanted a part to try out for wether it be large or small. Most people my age (and younger) had to try out for an adult character last year, because of the lack of teen characters, but my mom said I might pass as one of the older orphans.

Mara: It's a community musical. Last year we had people ranging from 7yrs old--in thier 60's, so It's a wide range of ages!
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

I have only seen the newer version of the movie, so...I'm not sure if the movie added some parts. Or your play has edited it...
However, yes, there are some orphans that look a bit older than Annie that you could try out for, that have some speaking parts and maybe even a song? I think....
Is it going to have a big turnout?
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

How fun Abby!
Lily St. Regis might be fun... She plays the bad guys girl friend. She is younger, though they might pick an adult to play her.
I believe Pepper is one of the older orphans... But like Joy, I've never seen a play of Annie. Just the movies.

Though, I did have a friend who played Annie in her schools rendition of this play. Though I didn't see it :(
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

It probably won't have that big of a turnout, we had about 25 people last year.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Okay... Will the play be recorded?? Because I'll want to see it if you're in it! :D
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

It was recorded last year! So I assume it'll be recorded again this year, but it will be a LONG time until we get the DVD.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

KK... Well whenever you do get it on dvd, make sure you put it on youtube! 'Cause I'll so watch it!
Mara
Pistachio

If there are older people, I would go for a younger character.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Well, I'll just have to wait and see. Sometimes they don't have enough adults and sometimes they don't have enough kids.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

You'll have to keep us updated :D I can't wait to hear what part you get!
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I think auditions are near the end of April :) So I'll keep you updated with things like what song I'm going to sing for auditions :D (Speaking of songs for auditions, any suggestions? ;) )
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

What style of music fits your voice best? Because that would really sway what you decide to sing.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I found out I'm pretty good with music that is fast paced, and not too many high notes. One of the songs I was thinking about singing was "Rainbow Connection" but they really want us to do a song from a musical.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

I don't know, I think that would be fun :D And the muppets are always pretty musical ;)

What about "I Have Confidence" from Sound of Music? I think you might be able to rearrange that easily for your voice.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's not a useless topic, but since this is a personal goal/achievement of yours, it would fit well in The Gallery.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

Hmm I can't think how that song goes, let me look it up quickly ;) @Liz

Ok. Thank you, TS :)

EDIT:
I think I have decided on doing the first section of "Matchmaker" from Fiddler on the roof for my audition :D I am able to hit all the notes (70% of the time) =P