T.S.'s life

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

T.S.'s life

I realized today that I finally have something that I could put in here! After reading two more books and completing an economics course, I am legally done with high school!

I have taken several personality/career tests, and they have all pointed to the actuary/accounting/finance field. Actuarial work has routinely popped out at me. Nearly every time I read something about it, I learn something new that further interests me in that field.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Interesting. My dad's an accountant.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

This isn't a great place for this, but I suppose it will fit here. Most of my family is taking an impromptu trip to my grandparent's, and I had to pack schoolwork for the trip. I could save so much time by just bringing my entire desk with me. If I bought enough balloons, maybe I could fly.

Anyway, for my recent(ish) birthday, I got a short story, A Triune Tale of Diminutive Swine.
Twas a time not long past when there lived pigs in staure little and number three who of adage now both entitled and inspired to seek their fortunes did set out to do so...Thusly. When they had traveled a distance, pig numbered first spake saying "Harken brethren, and heed this temppestuous realm! Should we tarry long separated from hearth and home, we will fare, I fear, not well! And so, being collectively agreed and individually impelled, the diminutive swine set about each to build for himself an abode. The pig numbered first did from straw construct his home. The pig numbered two did likewise, though rather not from straw but from stick. Meanwhile, unique in his imaginings, pig numbered three did erect as his refuge, both stalwart and garish, a structure made of brick...entirely. In time, there happened along, as is frequently the scenario in classic tales of protagonist piglets or red-hooded child, a wolf. Carnivorous nature in full season, he called out to the straw-ensconced swine saying, "Pray thee, little pig, grant me entrance!"

*Pig refuses, wolf blows down house, ect.*

Exposed now to claw and fang, first piglet made haste, wolf in pursuit, to the stick festooned sanctum of peccary secondary. "Well, this knots my knickers", cried the second piglet. "Nowhere among those actions most considerate and amenable is the marshaling of feral wolf to my doorstep!" "Apologies.", declared piglet one. "The beast's handful breath I deed purged me of home and sound judgement (because I like to spell it that way) alike!"

The mighty maelstrom of the wolf's torrential exhale splintered the second swine's shack and cut short his scolding simultaneously. "Lo and behold!" squealed two. "Stand we now amid wooden wreckage, tremendous and vulnerable, with nary a strategy for eschewing the canine devourer looming in deadly proximity!" "Strategy?" cried one. *Blah blah, ect* "I would urge we run!"

*Pigs run to next house and ask for entrance, ect.*

The third pig haled from the American colonies, and possessi a vocabulary substantially less robust than his impromptu visitors, replied "Say what?" "Seek we sanctuary", they implored on the verge if hysteria. "Lest we fall forthwith to the ravenous appetency of yonder approaching carnivore!" Still co founded by their importunate words, pig three did render ajar his portal where upon one and two spilled through and collapsed beyond the threshold enverated. "So, you all just wanted to come in? You could have said that."

The hiss of the wolf could again be heard externally, "Pray thee pigs, grant me entrance!" "The wolf!" cried one and two. "Wolf?" said three. "What'cha suppose he wants?"

*dialogue between pigs*

House and occupants were again engulfed in a maelvolent blast of of wolffish wind. The foundation shook. The frame rattled. And lo, to the astonishment of piglets and encroaching scoundrel alike, stood the third pig's lodging UNDAUNTED.

Aghast and befuddled, two queried of three, "How does against such relentless and torrential onslaught this domicile endure?" Pig three, puffed out his chest, tapped a hoof to the hearth and responded...
"It's American made."
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

I am now certified in Professional CPR, Emergency Oxygen, Basic First Aid, and Lifeguarding! :D

Also, my eyes felt like they would either shrivel into raisins or fall out earlier today because of the constant exposure to chlorine throughout the week. They feel better now. My skin is really itchy from all the pool water too.

However, now if someone has a heart attack next to me, I have at least basic knowledge of how to care for them!

The teacher for the class has been lifeguarding for two decades, and has been the pool supervisor/aquatics director for ten years, so literally anything could happen and she would be prepared and unsurprised. She had tons of personal experience to share with the class, and was very strict/had high standards for the class, which helped a lot in terms of preparation for real life events. She wasn't organized above average, so timewise the class didn't go as well as it could have, but that was a minor thing.
yelsew
Fudge Marble
Location: Some "Grand" state. near "Arizona's Christmas City".

:O :O :O :O :O :O I saw the guy that wrote this (or at least I think he wrote it... Yes, yes he did.) perform it live! :D without the book!! It was awesome!! I started reading it then I was like, hey!!! That's that one guys book!! ;) awesome!! Oh and congrats on getting certified!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

TS... You last updated this in May. Seriously? I want to hear what's going on with you. For all I know, you've finally won a Nobel Prize.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury