Mah Ert: pictures, maps, and stuff

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Skid
Chocolate Chip

Mah Ert: pictures, maps, and stuff

I recently got a Bamboo tablet, so I've been drawing random stuff to get myself used to it and work my way up to some actual drawing skill. For example, Here is an Irish Pirate:
I've also been working on generating maps using GIMP, starting with a completely blank slate.
Last edited by Skid on Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
̜̘̮ ͉̰͇͙͚͚͓W͖̺̞̳i̝͖̗̘̦̲̦k̯͇͇͕̱̝̤u͍̩,̬̤̥͔͎̰̬ ͎̟̯̝̤w̻͍͉̠̼i̭͎̘̲͔̝k͕̹̭̤͍̥u͎̫,̦͓̳̞̤̹̝͎̖ ͕̬̪̗͎̘ẉ̹ͅi̗̳̖͓̬͓k̯̣̖u̳̤͕̣̤̗̖̘. ̞͉̗͔̺̜̝͔
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Coolness! My sis Kaids uses GIMP too. :)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Skid
Chocolate Chip

Here's a quick profile I drew this evening.
̜̘̮ ͉̰͇͙͚͚͓W͖̺̞̳i̝͖̗̘̦̲̦k̯͇͇͕̱̝̤u͍̩,̬̤̥͔͎̰̬ ͎̟̯̝̤w̻͍͉̠̼i̭͎̘̲͔̝k͕̹̭̤͍̥u͎̫,̦͓̳̞̤̹̝͎̖ ͕̬̪̗͎̘ẉ̹ͅi̗̳̖͓̬͓k̯̣̖u̳̤͕̣̤̗̖̘. ̞͉̗͔̺̜̝͔
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

These are incredible, as I say time and time again. Can't wait to see more from you! You have a lot of talent. :)
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Those are so cool Skid! I want to see more of your work :mrgreen:
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

I come from a family of artists, (My grandparents own an art store) and I never give a false compliment. And I say it is good.
~ Walker in Dreams
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

I never give a false compliment either. I like insulting people, personally. And even I say it's good. What exactly is a bamboo tablet, though? An actual tablet of bamboo (the art sure doesn't look like it's done that way) or, I assume, a tablet as in a technological one?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Pound Foolish wrote:I never give a false compliment either. I like insulting people, personally. And even I say it's good. What exactly is a bamboo tablet, though? An actual tablet of bamboo (the art sure doesn't look like it's done that way) or, I assume, a tablet as in a technological one?
A bamboo tablet is similar to a giant mouse pad, but comes with a pen and software, according to what you use it for. I have one, but personally, I like my tablet tablet better. You can't see anything you're drawing on the bamboo, you have to hook it to your computer and watch the screen as you're drawing. It's complicated...

Either that or I'm just to simple minded to do it. :lol: (Watch it, PF. ;) )
Skid
Chocolate Chip

My tablet is a slightly older than, but rough equivalent to, this one.

http://www.wacom.com/en/products/pen-ta ... oo-connect
Mara
Pistachio

These are cool! They look like they could be characters in the newspaper comics! I used a bamboo tablet once a few years ago and they didn't turn out at all like yours!
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Cool pictures Skid!!
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Skid
Chocolate Chip

Created a new map.
Liz'alike
Cookie Dough

Cool map, skid :D Do you have stories to your pictures?
Kaida
Fudge Marble

Skid, that's so cool! I like it. You did a great job.
Isaiah 40:8, 1 Corinthians 10:31