Passages Book 7: Tetra's Promise and other works...

A place to discuss your own works. Whether they may be literary, visual art, or music pieces, this is the place to show off your stuff!
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

Passages Book 7: Tetra's Promise and other works...

This the prolugue of my book. Please tell me what you think. If you want, I can put it up in installments.

-- Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:51 pm --

Passages, Book 7: Tetra’s Promise
Prolouge
Ring! John Avery Whittaker, or Whit as he is best known, rolled over in the wide four-poster bed on what would later become a warm May Saturday and answered the phone. He ran a hand through his even wilder than usual white hair, gently touching his wounded ear. “Hello?” “Whit! Hi, it’s Jack,” came the warn voice through the receiver, “I’m sorry, did I wake you?” “No,” Whit smiled to himself, “I had to get up to answer the phone anyway.” “I found another manuscript!” Jack continued excitedly, not even noticing his old friend’s sarcasm. “You’re serious? Where?” Whit asked, surprised, but already he could picture his childhood friend, out of bed already, dressed, and drinking coffee...at only 4 in the morning. “Of course to the first question and I’ll tell you both at the same time to the second one.” Jack’s normally calm and cool voice was laced with excitement. “Both? Who else is coming?” Whit asked “I called the reporter from the National Church Times over”, Jack answered quickly, “Can you meet me at the antique store in an hour?” “Better yet,” Whit interjected, “why don’t you both meet me at Whit’s End,” Whit said, already slipping on his warm blue bunny slippers, “I can open early today.” “Great! See you then!”



It had all seemed so simple when this whole thing had started almost a year ago. Jack had come into Whit’s End (Whit’s ice cream shop and discovery emporium) on a cold, winter’s day and shown Whit the first of six stories. The first one chronicled the journey of a brother and sister, Kyle and Anna, who had traveled to, seemingly, another world. The other stories were similar, other children at other times going to the mysterious land of Marus, living out stories that were very…real, and then coming back. The last story was about three children, Danny Wayne, and Michelle traveling to Marus to fufill three signs. Whit and Jack had found other stories, and then traced them to their author, a man named James Curtis. Reading the stories and meeting their author had been an adventure; an adventure that Whit thought had ended eight months ago when James had very mysteriously disappeared. It was over, wasn’t it? So they thought. The reporter had copied the stories as best he could and according to the wishes of Mrs. ?????, who’s son, Wade, had traveled to Marus had asked for the stores not to be published, kept them to himself. Whit thought as he hurried his clothes on and made himself breakfast (three eggs, scrambled and slightly burned cinnamon raisin toast). Another manuscript? How was that possible? Why didn’t James Curtis tell us about it? After the dead end, life had carried on usual, but not without questions. Was it truly possible that children from the only world that he knew could slip into an entirely different world, have familiar encounters, and then slip back in again? And what about this person called the “Unseen One”? It all seemed so…real. There was no other way to put it. The stories were so lifelike, tangible, and yet so far-fetched that no one in their right mind would listen after the first two chapters. “So, why am I still intrigued?” Whit mused to himself as he cleaned his kitchen and sorted the morning’s mail (all bills except from a little note from Wooton, his mail carrier and a “Thinking of You” card from his son, Jason). Whit opened his front door and locked it behind him, walked to the garage, and opened the door to his old black Toyota. Driving through town was a good way to think. Whit tuned in to a classical music station as he turned onto Maple Street. The announcer was stating the days’ weather. “Warm with highs in the 70’s….” As Whit drove, his thoughts ran more wild than usual, even for him, “How? That’s all I want to know. James couldn’t have written this, but then who did?” He waved at Bernard Walton as the window washer got an early start on the coffee shop. Bernard waved back, nearly knocking his cap off of his head. As he pulled in to the long Whit’s End driveway, Whit could see Jack’s green Chevy and a black Ford that most likely belonged to the reporter. Whit walked up the wide cement step to the porch where Jack and the reporter sat on wicker rocking chairs. “Morning, Whit.” “Morning, gentlemen”, Whit unlocked the front door as the small bell jingled above it. The reporter and Jack followed Whit inside. The usual hubbub from the dozens of kids was absent. “Coffee?” Whit asked, hanging his coat on the hook near the door and motioned for the others to feel free to do the same. Each mind buzzed. No one answered. Whit poured three ceramic mugs full anyway “So, who traveled to Marus this time?” the reporter asked, stirring his coffee thoughtfully, steam rose from his cup and fogged up his glasses, “and why didn’t James Curtis tell us about this?” “Well,” Jack said, “possibly because he didn’t write this.” “What?!?” The reporter exclaimed. “You weren’t there when he told us that there were stories that even he didn’t know about. And it’s not his handwriting.” “Would you like to see it?” “Of course!” “Notice it says the Story of the Faithful,” Jack started, “not the Chronicle of...” He paused and smiled, Whit and the reporter had already dived in.
Last edited by Odysseygirl101 on Wed Dec 05, 2012 6:50 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

sweet!! u go girl :D
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

MaryBeth_13 wrote:sweet!! u go girl :D
thank so much!!!
Rosy
Cookie Dough

Finally! Another Passages book, I can't wait to read more!
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme

underseasie wrote:Finally! Another Passages book, I can't wait to read more!
Thanks undereasie! Chapter One will be posted later today or on Monday!
NarniaQA Guy
Cookies & Creme

I like this book, it is really cool. Cant wait to read more.
Owned by Audrey, My love. <3 baecon is amazing.
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme

Chapter 1!!!!
Chapter 1
“Wow!” Jami Martin yelled. The 13-year-old brushed a lock of her thick dark brown hair out of her face. It wasn’t long enough to reach the rest of her shoulder-length ponytail. “This is amazing!” Even though she was a “city kid”, she had to admit that even the view was amazing. As a “city kid” living in Detroit, Jami was used to traffic, noise, and using the neighborhood slang. She wasn’t a gang sort of girl, but ever since her mom and dad’s fights started, she had hardened herself, toughened her heart in the sense that she at times went somewhere so deep inside of herself that nothing hurt her: at least, that’s what she told herself. It wasn’t true, though. A few other hikers were along the trail; Jami could hear distant talking and laughter. They can laugh. Not fair!” Jami thought. Dad promised that he and Mom wouldn’t get sliced (divorced), and he broke it. Then, he said we wouldn’t sked (move), and we did. He promised me that he wouldn’t get re- ringed (get remarried) either, and here comes Karen. And then after we moved from Detroit, Mom skededd (moved) to New Hampshire with Brad. It’s not fair. I HATE stupid promises. They never get kept anyway. What’s the point? Inside, Jami seethed with anger, bitterness, and sadness. She hadn’t told anyone about how she was feeling, not even God. Jami’s parents were “Christian”, or claimed to be, so Jami had always thought of herself as one. She went to church, Sunday School, and youth group, and all in all, tried to be a ‘good’ person. That was enough, wasn’t it? Of course, now that her parents were divorced , God probably didn’t care about her anyway. So Jami had stopped praying; months ago. Things had changed, and inside, she knew she couldn’t do a thing about it. That’s what truly made her feel anything. It was a sense of injustice. She’d read books about other kids who were going through divorces and they almost always felt it was their fault. Not Jami. She knew it was God’s fault and her parent’s fault and that all three of them didn’t give a hoot about her either way. She had been pretty much perfect. They were against her now, and so she counterattacked by being against them. And the whole situation wasn’t fair.
At all.



She missed her mom, the artist with the fiery personality that Jami closely mirrored. And she missed her dad, the dad that he used to be, when they all played together. Here, he was stuffy, distant, and he seemed unsure of himself around his own daughter. Jami had already been building up hurt and angry feeling and here in tiny, little podunk Odyssey with her step mom, Karen the speech professor, where she got a slap on the wrist just for using “cool” or “duh”, it had escalated to the point that even seeing Karen, her Dad, her mom (on very rare occasions) or random people going around their daily business with smiles on their faces while Jami’s life had already fallen apart was awful. So here she was in Odyssey, climbing the overlook to Trickle Lake. She hadn’t wanted to go, but it was better than hanging around Karen in the house all day and baking cookies like a sissy. It’s not that Karen was horrible either; she treated Jami well, but didn’t know what to do with Jami. Take this morning, for instance, Karen always wanted a daughter to drive to dance lessons, get massages with and plan tea parties. What she got was a tomboyish, tough city girl who didn’t like her. She tried giving Jami fashion tips. Jami would listen quietly, then go up to her room and slam the door. Three hours later, when breakfast was ready, Jami had politely eaten, put her dishes in the dishwasher, and slammed the door on the way out of the small brick house. Karen also didn’t know what to do when Jami lashed out angrily at her or someone else. Two days ago, Jami had a rare explosion. Her mom had called to say that her boyfriend, Brad, was taking her on a cruise for three months…to celebrate their engagement. Karen had heard the call, and not sure what to say said, as quietly as possible “Tell your mom congratulations.” As soon as Jami turned to face her, Karen knew she’d made a major mistake. Jami’s face went from a blanched white to a deep shade of crimson. She slammed the phone down with so much force that the receiver, nailed to the wall, actually dropped a few centimeters to one side and the dial tone cut out. “You…how could you even think something like that. You want me to actually say congratulations for YOU?” Jami said in the fiercest whisper Karen had ever heard. “I’m, I’m sorry, Jami, I, I didn’t mean to upset you…” “You didn’t mean to upset me?” Jami threw back her head and laughed, a dark, satirical, almost evil laugh, then she stopped walked over to Karen, and smiled in a sickeningly sweet way at her. She looked her dead in the eye and said quietly: “If you didn’t want to” she cleared her throat, “upset me, you should never have taken my dad away from my mom. You shouldn’t have gotten that~~~~job (as the writer, I’m leaving this swear word out, but understand it was there in full force) and you shouldn’t have married him at all. And you ‘most certainly’ shouldn’t have tried to make friends with me. Trust me, “and Jami smiled again, mimicking Karen’s crisp teacher voice, “that was the dumbest, most stupid, worst mistake you’ve ever made in your life. Stay away from me.” And with that, Jami went upstairs to her room where she stayed for the next day.” Karen didn’t know what to say. Jami didn’t speak to her except for one word answers. All in all, Jami was tired. Her parents, at the very beginning of their late-night arguments had promised a then ten-year-old Jami that they wouldn’t separate, that they would work thing out. They had promised and eleven-year-old Jami that the separation wouldn’t last long at all, just a few months until everything ‘straightened out’ and they had promised a twelve-year-old-Jami that the divorce wasn’t final, just…and on and on. There had been the “I won’t move out of state” promise and the “We won’t move too far” promise and the “I’m not going to marry Karen, just date her for a little while” promise…until Jami was ready to throw up the next time someone spoke the word ‘promise’ or the phrase ‘I promise’ to her. To Jami, ‘promise’ meant more heartache, more sleeping with her head under a pillow to block out the screaming and the swearing, more saying goodbye to people she loved, like her mother’s parents, Grandma Betty and Grandpa Tim, her best friend, etc… To 13-year-old Jami Eloise Martin, promises were meant to be broken, promises were false at all times, and Jami didn’t want anything to do with them. Ever.



Jami was still angry from chewing Karen out. She told herself to get over it, “big girls don’t cry” or however that song went. She continued to work off her anger as she forged ahead at the steady ascent to the ridge. Maple, pine, and oak trees provided shade from the hot July sun. Jami made her way up to the bluff above the waterfall. Trickle Lake shone an almost silver in the afternoon sunlight below. A chipmunk sat on the limb of a tall tree, the scurried up to where Jami couldn’t see it anymore. “Jami, sweetie, don’t go too close to the edge”, came Karen’s voice from about 30 feet below. Sweetie! I HATE that name. She’s not my mom “Fine,” Jami grumbled out loud. She swore under her breath. She looked back and groaned. Here was dainty little Karen, picking her way slower than slow up the steepening hill. Jami rolled her eyes and sped up. She brushed another lock out of her face and winced as it caught on her new glasses. I HATE these glasses, too. It was Karen’s idea. I saw fine enough without them. Jami knew that wasn’t true, though inside, she was glad the money to pay for them had come out of Karen’s pocket and not her dad’s since that meant more cool stuff from him and less Barbie toys from her. I don’t read that much anyway. I could drop them over the edge and say I lost them. Karen wouldn’t have to know. And why does she call me “sweetie” anyway? She’s not even my real mom. Jami yanked the glasses off of her face, wound back with what she considered a baseball pitch, stepped forward, and threw the glasses as far as she could. Right about then, Jami lost her balance and fell over the edge to the rocky bottom 23 feet below.
MaryBeth_13
Cookies & Creme

woo hoo! keep it up!!
Image"Charm is deceptive,and beauty it fleeting,but a women who fears the Lord shall be praised." Proverbs 30:31
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme

MaryBeth_13 wrote:woo hoo! keep it up!!
Thanks!!!

-- Mon Nov 19, 2012 9:16 pm --

Ok, everyone! here's Chapter 2! htanks for reading and commenting.
Chapter 2!!!!Chapter 2
Jami woke up hot and dusty. She had no idea where she was. She slowly tried to sit up. She hurt all over. As she painfully rose to a sitting position, she realized that she was moving. Wooden slats were around her at all sides. A wagon! I’m in a wagon, like one of those from Little House on the Prairie!, Jami thought and winced as she thought of a family memory: She was six years old and her mother and father were bringing popcorn into the family living room. “Now, sweetheart”, her dad was saying, “which episode do you want to watch first?” “Oh, you know which one, Daddy,” Jami the one with Oliver when he gets adoted.” “Adopted, sweetie”, her mom said, hugging her. Jami remembered everything about that moment. Her mom’s hair, which Jami favored, brushing her cheek, her dad’s arm around both of them, the warm smell of the popcorn and the Little House on the Prairie theme filling the living room. A noise yanked her back to the present. She looked over the landscape. To her left and right and back, large mountains almost blocked the sun. She realized the wagon was traveling through a dusty valley. Few plants grew along the way, and what at one time had been a river was barely a tiny creek ran through the bottom of the valley, about 15 feet below down a small cliff. She heard faint voices from in front of her. She strained to listen. “No Fergis, we shouldn’t be doing this!” she heard a woman’s voice say pleadingly. “But, mother!” Jami heard two young men’s annoyed voices say almost in unison. “Look, Demeri, we’ve already discussed…” a man said. “No Fergis, this is going against what the Unseen One demands! The Palatians are a twisted and evil people, corrupt to the core! And they worship that false god Bokuk or whatever his name is, and leaving is…” Father is right!” Jami so far understood nothing except that there seemed to be four people riding on the seat almost above her. Her thoughts continued to run wild when two long legs swung over her side of the seat and almost on top of her. Jami yelped, but nor before she could cover her mouth. “Ahh!” A young man, maybe 19 or 20 with thick auburn hair peeked down and jumped back. “What did you find, Hishul?” “A…a…a stowaway!” “What?” A woman of medium-height stepped down from the seat to the floor of the wagon to join the younger man. Jami guessed that the woman was about 65 years old with thick auburn hair with a touch of grey. She had a warm smile. “Come out here, child. We won’t hurt you.” Jami stood up and looked around the wagon. An older man was holding the reins of two horses, one black and one white. “Are you lost, child?” The older man stood up. “Because if you aren’t, we can’t take you anywhere, we’re already full and…” “Fergis! What way is that to talk to a child?” The old woman sat next to Jami. “Let’s start over. My name is Demeri. This,” she gestured to the old man,” is my husband, Fergis, my two sons Hishul,” she gestured to the tallest of the two young men, “and Kean,” she nodded to the shorter man. Jami looked around. Fergis was tall and rugged, with high cheekbones, and deep creases in his slender face. Jami noticed that the clothes looked like her 1800’s history books. Demeri had on a long yellow-print dress with a matching bonnet. Kean, Hishul, and Fergis wore loose pants and shirts. Kean looked like his father, with the same high cheekbones and face. Hishul favored his mother, more delicate, and with darker skin, already deeply tanned from the sun. He stared at her with friendly curiosity. Jami decided right then that this was a dream I’m probably unconscious back…home. Jami paused as she felt a sharp pain in her head. Must be one of those migraines Mom was supposed to pass on to me, she thought to herself. Maybe these people can help me get home. They certainly look kooky enough to be in one of my dreams. The older man had stopped the horses and was drumming his fingers impatiently on the rim of the wooden seat. Jami, for the first time in months, felt a little unsure of herself. What if these people are the kind of dangerous ones they talk about on TV and in safety class at school? “I…I’m Jami. Jami Martin. I’m…I’m not sure how I got here. One minute I was falling from a cliff, and the next I was here…where is here?” Jami looked around, seeing nothing she recognized. “You don’t know?”, Demeri asked, surprised. “No.” “You’re in Marus; well, right on the border of it and Palatia.” “Marus? Palatia? Where are they?” Jami’s only lower-than-B-class was geography. She tried to remember ever seeing a ‘Marus’ or ‘Palatia’, but her mind came up blank. “You don’t know?” Kean had busied himself with the horse and now looked up in surprise. “No, I don’t. Can you tell me?” “You’re driving through it,” Fergis said, annoyed. “Demeri, we’re already almost a full day behind schedule” Fergis started angrily. “Fergis, think about what’s important for once!” Demeri almost snapped back at him, “We’re leaving our country for the wrong reasons and you’re making us leave for the wrong reasons.” “Do you know at least where this cliff that you fell from is?” Fergis said sarcastically, ignoring the outburst from his wife and directing his attention back to Jami.” “Um...in…in…Odyssey, I…don’t feel very good…” Jami’s head spun and she suddenly saw a wave of random colors flash before her eyes. “Sit down child, you’ve gone pale!” was all Jami heard as she slumped to the floor.



Jami didn’t fall far. Fergis’s arms locked under her shoulders from behind as Demeri looked around the wagon. ‘Quickly! The girl must have fainted from the heat. Hisul, get water from that well.” Demeri’s quick thinking had Jami awake, groggy, but awake in a few minutes. “Are you alright dear? You gave us such a scare!” Demeri was leaning over Jami. “I’m fine; I’ve just got a headache. Why?”Jami asked, somewhat coolly. This was definetly the weirdest dream she’d ever had. Who were theses strange people. Jami decided to humor them for a while, after all, the old lady was concerned over nothing. “Don’t you remember? You just fainted, dear.” “I did? I’ve never fainted in my life!” From the front of the wagon, Fergis snorted. “What? Don’t you believe me?” Jami asked, surprised that anyone wouldn’t. “Sure, just like we’re supposed to believe you survived falling off a cliff in your world, managed to live and enter our wagon, just like that. Of course we believe...” “Fergis! That’s enough!” Demeri stood. Is there anything you need, Jami? I’m washing your strange clothes now.” For the first time, Jami noticed that she was dressed like Demeri was in a long blue print dress (that hung like a sack on Jami’s slender frame) and bonnet. Remembering Demeri’s question, Jami answered, “I’d like some water please.” “Ahh, so do many of us. But there’s been a water ration for 3 years now.” “How come?” “How come?” Demeri repeated the question. “What does this ‘how come’ mean?” “It’s kind of like why, I guess,” Jami sighed. Karen take two. Same song, second verse. “’How come?’ is like ‘why?’“ “Oh, well, use proper words here.” “’K” ’K? What does that mean? Who created this strange speech of yours?” “It’s...um...like all right. I’m not sure who made it up.” “Made it up? My, you do have a strange language!” “It’s not… a…oh, never mind.” Jami wasn’t sure how to take this. In her dreams, she did what she wanted, went where she wanted, and spoke like she wanted. Here she was, stuck in a wagon with a Karen clone and going somewhere, wherever somewhere was. “You see,” Demeri began as if Jami had asked a question, Fergis, the boys and I lived in the town of Hailsham, which is not to far from Marus’s capital, Sarum. We had a beautiful home, with acres of apple and pear orchards. When the drought began…” “What caused the drought, no rain for a while?” Jami asked, not sure why she was asking. “No. Our people turned our backs on the Unseen One.” “The Unseen One?” “Who’s that?” Demeri paused slightly before answering, as if wondering if she had heard right, “Who’s that?” You mean you don’t know?” “No, I mean, how could I, I mean, I haven’t exactly been here very long.” Jami said, with more than a hint of sarcasm. (Demeri noticed and frowned) “The Unseen One is powerful, the creator of all things. He delivered our people out of bondage in Palatia many years ago.” “Oh, “Jami acknowledged. She was beginning to become bored with this conversation. Demeri continued, telling Jami all about the Unseen One and his mysterious and powerful ways. She would have kept talking if Jami’s soft snoring hadn’t alerted her to the fact her guest was fast asleep.
brittany k
Peanut Butter Cup

it's really awesome sam!!!! :D
I'm a crazy gal! :)
I love life! :)
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme

brittany k wrote:it's really awesome sam!!!! :D
Thanks britt!
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! :D :D
How could you leave me hanging like that?!?!? Lol!
I CANNOT WAIT for more!! :D
Keep posting my Pen-lovin' sister! :D
Shey ;)
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme

Sammy14 wrote:THIS IS AMAZING!!!!!! :D :D
How could you leave me hanging like that?!?!? Lol!
I CANNOT WAIT for more!! :D
Keep posting my Pen-lovin' sister! :D
Shey ;)
Thanks Sammy! I'll post more next Monday!

-- Wed Nov 28, 2012 3:20 pm --

Hello everyone! As promised, here's Chapter 3. Thanks so much for reading and commenting, my awesome SS freinds, sisters, and brothers! LYL, OG101 :D

Chapter 3The days passed on quietly. It had been almost three weeks since Jami’s arrival. Every day, they moved furthur and farthur out of “The Great Canyon”, which was what Fergis called the area, and further into higher farmland. They had reaches Palatia, having driven, as Kean showed Jami on the map, Southwest from Hailsham, Southeast through the Canyon, and then South again. Jami tried to find out where they were going, but all Demeri knew was what Fergis had told her “you’ll see” as they drove. They had passed farmhouses in increasing numbers as they traveled southeast. Small towns had begun appearing during the fourth week, and they stopped in a small city called Gythin to reload the food supplies and hear the latest news. Then, Fergis continued to drive at an even pace through the countryside all day. Kean and Hishul took turns riding and walking. It was almost as if Hishul wasn’t sure what to make of Jami. “He’ll warm up to you soon. “ Kean assured her. “He’s shy, that’s all. “ Jami liked Kean. He was like the big brother she never had. She gradually found herself warming up to him. They talked, mostly about Marus and his friends in Hailsham. He played games with her in the wagon often, one that was a little like checkers. There was, however, a wall between them. Whenever they talked, the topic of Odyssey was carefully hedged around. Talking about home gave Jami headaches, sometimes so bad to the point that she would pass out. It had happened already three times in the week of traveling in the dusty valley. The only time Kean had made the mistake of bringing it up slightly, was when he asked about Jami’s parents. Jami turned away. “I don’t want to talk about them, Kean.” “Why? Don’t you want to…” Jami had given Kean a venomous stare and said in a fierce whisper. “Drop it.” Kean let the subject go. Demeri wasn’t sure how to talk to the moody girl. Jami was sometimes helpful, lugging large jarfuls of water from nearby wells and other times stared off into the distance and didn’t move after being called. Demeri tried to leave her alone as much as possible.



They had been driving for almost two months when Fergis announced one morning. “We should be nearing Marul soon.” Fergis showed Jami on the map. “Our final destination is Kader.” Demeri kept busy, sewing dresses for Jami and shirts for Kean and Hishul while mending all of the clothes. “What is in Kader?” she asked suspiciously. Jami paid close attention. “You’ll see.” was all Fergis answered. They continued to travel. Jami settled into the rhythm of the days, up at dawn, traveling for two hours before breakfast, traveling for another three hours before lunch and two more before dinner and going to bed at twilight. It let Jami have more time to talk with Demeri about Marus’s culture and beliefs, or rather, it gave Demeri time to talk to Jami about Marus’s culture and beliefs. “Demeri?” Jami asked one night when Demeri paused, expecting an answer, “remember when you talked to me about the Unseen One? I think he's in Odyssey, too, but we call him something different there.” “Really? What do you call him in your world?” “Well, Odys…Odyss…wherever that is, isn’t t exactly another world, well...I guess it is, kind of. You know, I’m kind of tired,” Jami yawned. “Go to sleep then, dear. It’s late” Jami looked around. It was, indeed late in the evening, the sun disappeared over the mountains as twilight began. “Ok…all right. Good night…” But Jami couldn’t sleep. She thought If the Unseen One is who I think he is, I don’t want anything to do with Him. God doesn’t care about me, my parents, or anything else. I’ve had enough. My parents were “Christians” and look what happened. Ow, stupid headache. Jami decided to get up and get some water. As she stepped into the open part of the wagon (everyone slept on pallets on the floor of the covered part of the wagon) she gasped and woke up everyone, including Fergis who was not easily woken up. “What is it, J?” Kean asked, using his pet name for her, “what’s the matter?” “It’s..um..you have..um…” “What, already?” Fergis said, groaning slightly. ‘Two moons”, Jami breathed. “That’s it?” Hishul grumbled. “Is that surprising to you, Jami?” Demeri asked quietly. “In.in..Odys…um, wherever I’m from, we only have..one, I think…” Jami was beginning to forget her life in Odyssey. Everyday she lost something. And every day, she forgot that should have been an issue. Jami stared in wonder at the two moons, one like the only one she knew, and then a smaller one that was reddish. The others went to sleep but Jami settled into her pallet, sleep was still a long way off. Maybe this isn’t an unconscious dream after all Jami thought. But this isn’t real, is it?