Is there such a thing as a "Worldly Christian"?

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Is there such a thing as a "Worldly Christian"?

The World says:
If your enemy comes against you, go to war, and kill him.

Jesus says:
“But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you”

The World says:
Pursue wealth, get riches, always make sure you have plenty.

Jesus says:
“Lay not up for yourselves treasures on earth. If you would be perfect, go, sell what you possess and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven; and come, follow me.” “It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.”

The World says:
Stand with pride. Don’t let others get the best of you. Refuse to admit defeat.

Jesus says:

Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven. Whosoever therefore shall humble himself as this little child, the same is greatest in the kingdom of heaven.

The World says:
Fight for your family. Protect them above everything else.

Jesus says:
If any man come to me, and hate not his father, and mother, and wife, and children, and brethren, and sisters, yea, and his own life also, he cannot be my disciple.

The World says:
Make your life easier. Pleasure. Luxury. Fight for your rights.

Jesus says:
If any man will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me. For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

So, seeing the Kingdom of this World and the Kingdom of God are complete opposites... Is there such a thing as a worldly Christian? Can a Christian really do something that is in direct opposition to the Kingdom of God and still be a follower of Christ?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Well I think that Christian can refer to anyone. Because many many people say are. I think that each person has a set of values they follow and if they match the Bible then it doesn't matter where they live ,or what church they go to, or if they dress different then you. It's just a matter of Loving Jesus and following Him.
Proud K.R.E Member
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well let's say I love Jesus and follow Him but I also say that Jesus wasn't really here in the flesh, He was just here as a spirit. Do that not matter?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

So do you believe the teachings of the New Testament?
Proud K.R.E Member
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So just to be clear these are not my actual beliefs, I'm speaking in hypotheticals. But my point is you've moved beyond "just" loving Jesus already.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Yes but if you true;y love him you'll follow his commandments. And I was trying to say it doesn't matter how you look or what church you go to.
Proud K.R.E Member
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So I could go to a Mormon church?

NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Believing the right thing (orthodoxy) and doing the right (orthopraxy) thing go together; neither on their own can save you.

The one ninjas check under their beds for every night: I, Ninjahunter
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I agree and that is infinitely more complex than "It's just a matter of Loving Jesus and following Him."

NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Aye, and that is why being a Christian can be so difficult at times; the world judges you by your actions, and being fallen we are often outdone by others whose beliefs are incorrect. Yet, those good works do not save them.

But, I digress. Not that I am eager to address the OP. <narrows eyes at MF>

Etc., etc.: I, Ninjahunter
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

NinjaHunter wrote:But, I digress. Not that I am eager to address the OP. <narrows eyes at MF>
:twisted:

Wait, OP?
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Miss Friendship wrote:
NinjaHunter wrote:But, I digress. Not that I am eager to address the OP. <narrows eyes at MF>
:twisted:

Wait, OP?
OP typically stands for original poster, i.e. whoever started the thread.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Sorry I'm not very good at saying what I think. But what NinjaHunter said is what I meant. If you truely love Jesus you'll do whats right, or you'll know whats right if if you mess up sometimes.
Proud K.R.E Member
NinjaHunter
Raspberry Ripple

Mickey wrote:Sorry I'm not very good at saying what I think. But what NinjaHunter said is what I meant. If you truely love Jesus you'll do whats right, or you'll know whats right if if you mess up sometimes.
Lol, sounds good.

Etc., etc.: I, Ninjahunter