The Case of the Missing Seven Books

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.

Does Your Bible Include Deuteronomy?

Poll ended at Thu Jan 30, 2014 6:41 pm

Sure
91%
No
9%
What's Deuteronomy? The study of a type of insect?
No votes

Total votes: 11

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Ah, I wasn't aware Bel and the Dragon were considered legend. I knew Susanna was but I figured that shouldn't make a difference. After all if that's the case then we should remove the Psalms from the Bible. But those are only two of the many books I listed.

PF is right, Protestants make up a minority of Christians. According to Pew Research Roman Catholics make up 50.1% of Christians, Protestants 36.7%, and Orthodox 11.9% so 62% of Christians use these books. It's also important to note that Protestants cover ever group not Catholic or Orthodox, Orthodox make up a larger group than any one Protestant denomination.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Deuteronomy? I think it is Deuterocanonical.
Wakko
Pistachio

It is Deuteronomy.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Actually, the missing books being discussed are the Deuterocanonical books. But that was addressed in the first couple posts. Does anyone have anything new to add to this thread?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

One thing about the Catholic chuch since I don't have anything else to say in this. That is counting all the people who were baptized as baby. Most South American countries have almost 100% Catholics even though half of them don't really live like it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well if we want to start counting by people who "live" like Christians we'll have to discount some Protestants too :P I think it would probably even out.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Not so much. My dad has been in South America and he call there a place of sin.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Well I'm living in America and I call it and the entire world a place of sin. Where in the world is there a sin free zone?

TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Maybe Blitz is trying to make a distinction between "a place of sin" and "a wretched hive of scum and villainy". ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

I totally agree that Mos Eisley is a wretched hive of scum and villainy. But as for the rest of the galaxy I think we all have our own sins, no place is less sinful than another.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Good point Eleventh Doctor. I am simply trying to point out that like Lutheranism, Catholicism can become more tradition than a real faith.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

True, that is a danger that must be guarded against. But Lutheranism and Catholicism are not the only two traditions in danger of that.