Pastors

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Ameraka
Fudge Marble

Pastors

What is the pastor at your church like? Has he been there a while, or is he new? What are the topics he preaches on? What is his preaching style? Do you know him personally, and what is he like when not in front of church?
-Other things you may think of?

My book, Justice Lost, is on Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JM1XFCI
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

My pastor is really awesome! He's loving and caring and very spiritual! His sermons are great and the Lord really uses him! I love him so much! You see, my pastor is my...DAD! :D
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Currently we don't have a pastor :( He moved away to Texas about 4 years ago and we haven't found one since. But we have one guy who takes about half the preaching, and he's awesome :)
Skylerbuck
Chocolate Chip

My dad is our pastor, although our church only has like 60-80 people and I'm the only guy my age there and I'm 14.
I'm an admin on http://www.aiowiki.com/wiki/Main_Page, come check us out
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

AshleyWhittaker wrote:Currently we don't have a pastor :( He moved away to Texas about 4 years ago and we haven't found one since. But we have one guy who takes about half the preaching, and he's awesome :)
Hey our new pastor just moved from texas! cool!
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
Ashley
Raspberry Ripple

Skylerbuck wrote:My dad is our pastor, although our church only has like 60-80 people and I'm the only guy my age there and I'm 14.
I totally can feel for you... I'm the only 16 year old girl at my church, and we have over 100 people. I don't know how that works. Especially when the next oldest kid is 13, and he's a boy. O.o
GratiaDei
Cookies & Creme

My pastor is a really great guy, he actually planted my church about ten years ago. He is the dad of two of my best friends, so I know him pretty well. He preaches really great sermons, and I always learn something or see a part of the Bible in a new way. Funny story: One day my sister and I were coming back inside the church after changing the letters on the sign outside and he jumped out of his office door and said boo! My sister screamed and crumpled on the floor. And since then, he always sneaks up behind her to try to scare her. He calls it "shock therapy". I think it's hilarious.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

AshleyWhittaker wrote:
Skylerbuck wrote:My dad is our pastor, although our church only has like 60-80 people and I'm the only guy my age there and I'm 14.
I totally can feel for you... I'm the only 16 year old girl at my church, and we have over 100 people. I don't know how that works. Especially when the next oldest kid is 13, and he's a boy. O.o
Same here, there are a BUNCH of kids at my church, but I'm the oldest person there up to 20
Sage
Caramel Crunch

My Pastor is great. well....it's funny because the reason I decided to check out of our church is because my siblings went to vacation Bible school there...(as a kid I went to this church and my grandparents, aunts and mum had attended for 25 years.) At this time of my life I was obsessed with the Partridge family show and David Cassidy hahah. And my siblings came running to me and saying that one of the people who helped out looked EXACTLY like David Cassidy. They promised me he looked JUST like him. I grilled them on all the details lol...'Does he have longish hair'....'Does he have an impish grin'. Yeah I know this isn't the best story but....I decided to go see for myself one morning. As I was casually looking around, my 9 year old brother grabs me and says 'Look Sagie that's him! That's the guy who looks just like Keith Partridge.' If it was a movie the camera would have zoomed in on my devastated look. He was a tall thin man in his 50's who looked NOTHING like David Cassidy. He looked like a Dad. He had a nasally voice and I thought he had a cold. So much for David Cassidy. But his sermon was wonderful....I found out he had a speech impediment as a kid and his voice was always like that. He gained my respect and I gained his. It's a big church and yet he does so much be involved in everyone's lives. And he's actually a shy person, not some charismatic radio-personality type. I admit one of the reasons I never thought of rejoining the church again was because Pastor O was a sort of 'legend' in our family and without Him...but hey, after Moses died, Joshua took over...and turned out pretty good. :)
“It is one of the defects of my character that I cannot altogether dislike anyone who makes me laugh.”

Emily Rules!
Leetastic
Vanilla

My pastor is old, blunt, and unafraid to make people hate him by preaching the Word... he doesn't care a thing about being 'correct' in any manner, especially politically when it comes to homosexuality, abortion, etc. :P Love him.
"You cannot erase God with an edict!"
Ashleigh
Strawberry

I have two Pastors :) One in New Mexico and at home ;)

My Pastor is New Mexico :

He has been there a really long time, He preaches on tons of Topics, Faith, Salvation, Whatever God lays on his heart. He is a quiet Pastor, He is funny when he wants to be. Him and my Dad are good friends, They have known each other for quite a long while. When he isn't preaching he is a still quite, He is about #3 of my Favorite Pastors :) He is a really faithful, trusting Pastor. I am thankful for all his has done for our church, my Family and what he has done for his church to. ( His preaching is Powerful)

My Dad.

Now my Dad. He is a great Pastor, I'm not just saying that because he is my Dad. My Dad preaches on whatever he feels like God tells him to preach on, or What he thinks he need to preach on. Dad's preaching is really good. It has changed a bit, only because He has to translate his sermons now. So it takes more studying. But All in all my Dad is a great Pastor and A wonderful Father. When he is not Preaching, He is at home working on House bills, and other Church things he needs to get done. He isn't a workaholic. If that is what it sounds like, He love to tease me and annoy me, But all in all, He is great, And he is Dad that no one will ever replace :)