God's Not Dead

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

That movie :X seriously one of the worst things ever. ugh. I hated it so much. The characters are horrible, the plot is cliche, the ending is goody goody and predictable. And they're making a second. -_-" why. I have way more to say, but I'll keep it short. now have fun kiddies.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I need to watch it and see if it's as bad as people say.
Connie G.
Peach Cobbler

So did I and it sound interesting, and I hope to see it soon, because all of my friends at Church, and even the pastor mentioned it in the sermon, are all talking about it and so I am like :?:
Strength for today, and bright hope for tomorrow.

"Why does Connie shower all of the time?" ~CGM_Games
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

HomeschoolCowgirl wrote:Please note: I have not watched this movie. I have heard about it (here and other places) and while browsing AnswersinGenesis I found this review. It may be helpful, maybe not. I did see the trailer.
I skimmed through the review, but one thing I did notice that I hadn't thought about was the reviewer's point about it not being our responsibility to put God on trial. Obviously we are called to worship both in spirit and in truth, not blindly, but I think it's worth noting that it really isn't our job to try God, who is so far away and above our laws and ways of thinking.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

The trial in the movie is about the Christian characters beliefs, the atheist character is the one who is putting God on trial so I don't think he really cares. But how ridiculous is that though? The atheist putting someone he doesn't believe exists on trial? Things like that make this movie little more than strawman arguments being shot down by an unrealistic Christian character.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Ah, I see. If that's the case, then lolno, I do not plan to see that movie. The AiG review lied to me. :(
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

vickygreen48 wrote:I'm not sure what your getting at? Ok... I agree all Christian movie have some happy ending one way or another but I do think that movie was one of the best Christian movies I've seen. And believe me, I've seen many Christian movies in my lifetime that r worse than this one.
What made it so good? You never answered me
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
connie13
Chocolate Chip

God's NOT Dead! is a great movie! I love it! It has a powerful message! That took courage for Josh to stand up to Pro. Radisson! Odyssey could make a episode but they already kind of have. In "Chronicles of Truth" I think is called "Science Class" I think don't quote me on that. \:D/

-- Fri Sep 12, 2014 10:07 am --
Samantha14 wrote:That movie :X seriously one of the worst things ever. ugh. I hated it so much. The characters are horrible, the plot is cliche, the ending is goody goody and predictable. And they're making a second. -_-" why. I have way more to say, but I'll keep it short. now have fun kiddies.
I don't agree!
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I've noticed something. The younger members seem to like it more than the older members.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

That does seem to be a trend.

Connie, why did it take courage for Josh to stand up to the professor?

Wakko
Pistachio

They also seem to give no reason why it was good other then saying that it was good that the kid stood up to the professor.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That was probably the one decent part of an otherwise dismal movie.
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Except in reality a students reaction to a professor who is obviously crazy and screams at his students to try and make them atheists is to step out of class go down to the office of student life and file a complaint so the professor will stop.

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

True, but the student standing up for his faith is probably the only part of the movie that applies in any way to real life. Your professor is not going to put a deity he does not believe in on trial.
Wakko
Pistachio

The Professer also made them sign papers on the first day that say God is Dead.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

And as we all know, all atheist professors do that.
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I haven't seen the movie, but I don't believe they were trying to make atheists look bad, it's just a story.
And as we all know, all atheist professors do that.
I doubt it said all atheist professors do that.

In fact I seem to remember catching a glimpse of a behind-the-scenes video on youtube of the guy who played the professor talking about his role and how they're not saying all atheists are like this, but THAT particular character was a real jerk.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

*Spoiler* They literally killed the atheist professor character. Of course this movie is saying atheists are bad, how could they not be saying that?

Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

Interesting opinion. Again, I haven't seen the movie, but I doubt this is how they view every atheist. Just because the atheist in the movie was evil doesn't mean they view every atheist as such. If they had a nice friendly good-natured antagonist then they wouldn't have much of a story. (If they had much of a story anyways)
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
FlyingRider
Strawberry

One of the best movies made! I especially love the songs The king is coming and hold you up! It was a great encouragement and it made me if i ever got in a situtaion like that know beyond a shadow of a boubt what i am doing!
The cold never bothered me anyway!!!!! ( just kidding i hate snow)