God's Not Dead

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I could on sight. Take a bit of first aid. Internal bleeding is un-treatable anyway outside of a hospital.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

Being hit by a car, he must also have been in shock, making his heart beat faster, making him die faster.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So you could on sight tell that someone had internal bleeding so bad that there was no purpose in giving first aid?
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Blitz wrote:Internal bleeding is un-treatable anyway outside of a hospital.
Yup. Better have it internal. Christian film. Don't let the childrenz see all the bloodz.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Also Blitz please tell me how you diagnose an internal issue on sight without talking to the person? I'm willing to say you could guess that he has internal bleeding but in the movie the African pastor just says oh he has internal bleeding and will die immediately and there's no way to know that. It's done just so the pastors can "legitimately" refuse medical service in favor of proselytizing.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I knew it was internal bleeding when I saw how the car hit him. He might even have had a broken back from his fall. First aid is highly limited. If I can't do anything, I am going to witness to them if they might not survive.
Debate Vampire

SirWhit
Banana Fudge

But how do you tell?
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Bruising. Bruising tell you their is internal bleeding.
Debate Vampire

Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So bruising always equals untreatable near instantly fatal internal bleeding? Also they did see bruising in the movie, they did open his shirt. The African pastor just touched him and knew somehow.

Blitz
Moose Tracks

Swelling also occurs. I am not a master of first aid. Their are a few other things. He could have broken his neck and when that happens you cannot help a person. Moving them or attempting anything would kill them. Also, he probably had something wrong with his lungs, maybe punctured by a rib.
Debate Vampire

Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

The overall point is that the pastors didn't care at all about him medically. One of them yelled "call an ambulance" to no one in particular, made a two second diagnosis that could have been completely incorrect, and then they proceeded to ignore his medical needs. From what I remember, they didn't even check to see if someone had actually called an ambulance. It's true that moving him would have probably caused more damage, but they could have at least tried to keep his neck/head still, actually checked for bleeding/major wounds, and gotten something to keep the rain off of him and keep him warm.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

GUESS WHAT! The peepz are making a second God's Not Dead!! Everyone celebrate! Yay! ... -_-
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Technically it isn't a second God's Not Dead. I think they already released it even.
Debate Vampire

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

If you mean Do You Believe, that's a whole different thing. They are indeed making God's Not Dead 2. Whoopy. The first was nice but does it warrant a sequel? What will they do, challenge Josh's faith again and go through the exact same character arc/story-line?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

As has been said in the chat several times, couldn't possibly be any worse.