The Apparel & Adornment of Women and Men

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Did I make my point yet?Image
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mr. Yorp wrote:Did I make my point yet?Image
You made absolutely no point, except for the fact that you're being obtuse. I don't know what kind of "game" you're trying to play to make your point, but it obviously isn't working.

Try actually debating, and not just stating "that's your opinion."
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Um... no, I don't understand your point at all. No one said that you should deliberately disobey Old Testament laws just because we are "under grace", all they said was that you don't have to follow the same rituals if you disobey those laws anymore. Stop twisting everyone's words and then bringing up random topics of conversation that ideally shouldn't even be talked about on this board (like rape).
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

What rituals?

You say we aren't under the messianic law, but rape is in the law, so why do you say that it isn't wrong for a boy to look like a girl (or vice versa)?
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Animal sacrifices and things like that.

The concept of "men's clothing" and "women's clothing" is all subjective. Most of us can agree that dresses and skirts should not be worn by men, but there are tons of articles of clothing that would be in the gray area.
Mr. Yorp
Cookies & Creme

Oh, that.

Then pants should not be worn by women if men wear them.

Why not, we as Christians, set the standard?
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

Okay, but how is the standard decided? If we use the Old Testament then everyone needs to wear robes. If we use modern culture then pants are okay and in fact throughout history different regions have had women wearing pants and men wearing things like skirts. So do we use historical standards? Or come up with a new standard? And if a new standard how do we decide that new standard? Please don't just say the Bible, expand on your answer
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Mr. Yorp wrote:Then pants should not be worn by women if men wear them.

Why not, we as Christians, set the standard?
Just as many women wear pants as men, so you could easily say that men should not wear pants because women wear them.

We can do that, as long as we all can agree on a standard (which we can't).
Blitz
Moose Tracks

This debate is getting really annoying. I once again quote Acts 15. It explain what we keep and what we don't need to.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I fail to see how Acts 15 is relevant to the discussion. It really says nothing about the apparel and adornment of women and men. But maybe I'm not reading into it enough...
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Acts 15 refers to the what the Gentiles need and do not need to keep from the law. If you look deeper you find that it helps us understand what we should keep from the Law and what we don't need to keep. Take the context of the verse to apply it to this debate.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset