Crossdressing

What do you believe and why? Here's the place to discuss anything relating to church and God.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Actually, in the Bible times even tho they both wore robes, the men wore pants underneath their robes. And the men and women's robes were different. :)
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Source? ;)
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

TigerShadow wrote:Source? ;)

Should have seen that coming! Haha! :)

I can't remember where I saw if first off but here's something:

The women wore long loose robes with nothing under them and the men’s robes were shorter and they had short, knee-length “pants” on underneath their robes. When they had to do something strenuous like say, get a chariot out of a ditch, lol, they would gather up the robe and tuck it into the waist of the pant, that was called “girding up your loins”. So their garments were quite differentiated even then.

If u want a link I can try to give it to you. Even though there wasn't much difference in the robes at the same time there was :)
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Yeah, a documented source would be nice just to be able to be sure it's credible—I'm not saying you'd lie or anything, gabby; I just like to make sure of these things. :)

There's the rub, though—there wasn't much difference. Just as there isn't much difference between men's and women's pants, but you can still tell what gender they're meant to fit.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Bob Utley mentions one difference...I'll let you decide on that.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Once again, I ask you for a cited source.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

TigerShadow wrote:Once again, I ask you for a cited source.

Sorry! I started school last Friday so my time is limited! But here's where I found it: http://www.aroyaldaughter.com/2013/09/1 ... t-modesty/

It was in the comments^.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Oh, no, I wasn't referring to you in that post! I understand that you have a life beyond debating crossdressing. ;) I was talking to John Henry. Sorry about that!

Well, while I did find the comment that addressed it, I also found a comment refuting it that basically said that men and women's clothes still weren't that distinct from each other. And even if they were, I still find no Scriptural support for saying that I'm not allowed to wear jeans. (I'm not directing that at you, Gabby; I'm referring to the topic as a whole).
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

TigerShadow wrote:Oh, no, I wasn't referring to you in that post! I understand that you have a life beyond debating crossdressing. ;) I was talking to John Henry. Sorry about that!

Well, while I did find the comment that addressed it, I also found a comment refuting it that basically said that men and women's clothes still weren't that distinct from each other. And even if they were, I still find no Scriptural support for saying that I'm not allowed to wear jeans. (I'm not directing that at you, Gabby; I'm referring to the topic as a whole).

Haha! :) Oh okay, whew! :)

& Deuteronomy 22:5..
And Jesus tells us to be separate from the world. To me when I see a woman wearing a skirt and no makeup or jewelry, I instantly think they go to church. That can even lead to witnessing. trust me though, I'm not bad talking people who wear pants. I have alot of friends that do! :D
Eleventh Doctor
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

To me when I see a woman wearing a skirt and no makeup or jewelry, I instantly think they go to church.
When I see another person I don't make assumptions about them based on how they dress or look.
King of The Lands of Rhetoric, Lord Ruler of the Debate Vampires, and Duke of Quebec

"It's particularly ignorant to assume malicious or ignorant intentions behind an opinion with which one disagrees." ~Connie
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Eleventh Doctor wrote:
To me when I see a woman wearing a skirt and no makeup or jewelry, I instantly think they go to church.
When I see another person I don't make assumptions about them based on how they dress or look.
Normally I don't either. But it's rare to see someone dressed like that. I probably should've worded it better haha! :) I wonder if they go to church is probably better.