Why can't __ (insert name) be a moderator?

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Why can't __ (insert name) be a moderator?

I have received a lot of questions from various people about moderating. Many users have requested that they be given this position. It is a good thing that so many people are eager to ask questions and learn about our board. I decided that I would rather answer these questions once and for all rather than answer them as they come.

The short answer that everyone has been waiting for is:
No.
I'm sorry. The simple fact is that we can not possibly accommodate all the people who want to have this position. If we accepted all the applicants, almost every user would be a moderator, and we would have confusion and chaos. Only a few moderators are needed at a time, and so we have to turn away most of the interested people.

To pursue the question a little further:

1. Moderating probably isn't as fun as you think. Rather, 1% is fun, and 99% is monotonous. I perform about two actions routinely, rarely doing anything besides moving topics and warning people.

2. Moderating does not really increase your social status. About the biggest social impact moderating has had on me is getting a blue name. =p

3. Moderators are strictly chosen based on how the administrators and other moderators think they can help and perform. If you are a responsible, considerate person, then you well on your way to becoming a candidate the next time a new moderator is needed. When choosing moderators, we factor in the age, number of posts, length of time the member has been here, if they have a history of breaking rules, as well as the quality of their posts, relevant moderating experience, and how well they fit into the Soda Shop. Other things are factored in as well, but these are the main ones. Usually, when selecting moderators, we will either contact potential moderators, or allow anyone to apply for a position.

Here's a little secret to help you on your way:

The more responsible and helpful you are, the better the chance of you being picked when one of the existing moderators falls of the face of the earth (gets busy). You can be helpful by reporting posts that break rules! This can save us time and energy in resolving problems.

Seriously, this saves us time and helps us to fix problems faster. You can click the report button at the bottom of a post to report it. It helps if you give a short description of why you reported it as well.

Thank you for all of your questions, everyone, and for reading this topic! From here on, I will defer any people with moderator questions to this post.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you for the clarification, T.S.! :D
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

You're welcome! Nice avatar, by the way!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Thank you! I kind of wanted to be a moderator, though I didn't ask anyone. I understood completely almost everything you said, but that was a nice clarification. I would report posts, but I don't see any posts that need to be reported, now that the spammers are gone. And though I honestly do hope to be a moderator someday on some board, I can live without being one for now.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Thank you, that is a very mature stance.

For reporting posts, though, you can report any that break the rules, including a bijilion exclamation marks and one word posts that aren't for a game.
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

As for the social status, I would love nothing more than a blue name. I have always wanted a colored name. =P
~ Walker in Dreams
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

WHY MAY I ASK IS GODSGIRL AN MOD???
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

1. She is an older, responsible, considerate poster.
2. She is diligent in reporting spam or posts that break the rules.
3. She knows enough about technology to do well with her position.
4. She is a godly person who will treat everyone with a Christ-like attitude.

I am not saying no one else was deserving, but God's girl was the most deserving. I also had really nothing to do with her new moderator status, so I am probably not particularity qualified to say exactly why. Perhaps Aaron Wiley will give you further details.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

I'm honestly surprised it didn't happen sooner. I always thought she'd be a perfect mod. But does age really matter, TS? After all, Hannah was made a mod, and she was only 12. Just pointing that out.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That is true. There are many young people who would make good moderators. Age gives one experience and maturity, or at least makes it easier to get them, a very important thing to have in the working world.
Joy
Raspberry Ripple

Okay, thank you. I wouldn't ever really expect to be made a mod, and wouldn't ask, simply because I'm 10, and I'm not too frequent on here. I think everyone chosen are good mods.
Katrina Meltsner
Cookies & Creme

Why can't WOOTON be a moderator??
Katerina Meltsner
I'm a member of the doll lover's club.
I'm a member of the SS sister's club.
I'm a member of the Modest Cheerleaders Club
I'm a member of the Superheroes club
Emily is ANNOYING
"Eugene, we missed our own wedding''
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Katerina Meltsner wrote:Why can't WOOTON be a moderator??
If Wooton became moderator who knows what he would do with all that power? I think we are all safer with Wooton have no power. ;)
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

Aftershocker wrote:
If Wooton became moderator who knows what he would do with all that power? I think we are all safer with Wooton have no power. ;)
:lol: very funny, AS
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Wooton Bassett wrote:
Aftershocker wrote:
:lol: very funny, AS
Thank you, thank you. No, please stay seated. You're all too kind.
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

This has certainly changed for me. ;)
I'm thankful for the opportunity to help out with the Soda Shop as best I can.
Thank you people in charge.
Renae
Fudge Marble
Location: ....I'll be in a different place every time you read this....

@Cuzenjamin

I'm so happy for you! I'm sure that you WILL serve the Soda Shop with the best of your abilities!
Renae: Faithful companion of Drama King, aka Jimmy Barclay.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Thank you, Cuznae!
I really have enjoyed helping out Soda Shop for about six months now. Wow, it's been a long time!
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I think our moderators were chose perfectly! Keep up the good work, guys!
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Gaberk
Raspberry Ripple

I think we should be able to change the color of our names, and then the admins just get bold or italic names.
"You hit the nail on the proverbial head."
ImageImageImage
Join The CC at: http://campbellcounty.co