New Signature Size?

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.

What Signature Size?

Poll ended at Mon Jul 06, 2015 10:20 pm

600x100 - Keep it as it is!
20%
500x125 - Compatibility is better.
40%
600x125 - Let's do something new!
40%

Total votes: 15

Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

New Signature Size?

Whale, the verdict is up, and the new size requirement is 600x125. This means that if you have an old SS signature, you don't have to change a thing. This also means that ToO signatures will fit just fine. Enjoy!

Many of you may know that the ToO has different avatar and signature sizes from the ToO.

Unfortunately, this causes problems for those members who are on both, or who would like to use sets for both places.

As such, the administration has decided to increase the avatar size from 110x110 to 120x120, to be the same as the ToO.

However, the signature is a tricky bit. Currenty, the SS's signature size is 600x100, where as the ToO is 500x125.

Thus, the question is, would you guys like the signature size to be changed from to 500x125, or, do you like your 600 pixel width?

Please vote in the poll above, and post your opinions below!

Sizes for reference:

~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Belle wrote:As such, the administration has decided to increase the avatar size from 110x110 to 120x120, to be the same as the ToO.
Praaaaaise God
I like the avatar size. Thank you for making it bigger. And for signatures, my vote is keep it the way it is. Even though it's only 25 more pixels, it can make it look messy. And 600x100 is such an even number.
Emma
Peach Cobbler

I would kinda like to have the same as the ToO...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Hey guys, I'd love to get more the board's input on this! We want to make sure our changes are what you guys want!
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

It might be good to have the same size as the ToO. For one thing, like you said, Belle, that way people who want to have consistent sets can have them; for another, those who like to design their own sets don't have to fool with trying to remember which board's dimensions are which.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
HomeschoolCowgirl
Peach Cobbler

I think you could just make the ToO's and the SS's regulations the same, since for some (some people like me) one has to save the pic, then upload it again to Photobucket, then copy and paste... it's long and messy. Especially if one has to resize them. I'm all for it :D And thank you for thinking of us and our signatures :)
"Musical training is a more potent instrument than any other, for rhythm and harmony find their way into the inner places of the soul... making the soul of one who is rightly educated, graceful" -- Socrates
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

If the signature size is bigger that means if we have one smaller we can still use it right?
Proud K.R.E Member
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Vogue wrote:If the signature size is bigger that means if we have one smaller we can still use it right?
Correct! The limit will only be the biggest you can go, your images can be any smaller than that. :)
Mickey
Peach Cobbler

Yay sounds good!
Proud K.R.E Member
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

I'd love to see 600x125, personally, but I really have no complaints about it now. :)
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
snubs
Cookies & Creme

Wow... I forgot to respond in this.. I think trying out 600x125 is good because people now 100x600 signatures now can still use them. So I think this will all work out. Annddd you guys could easily change it back if it's not working out.

I personally really like the extra 100 (600) pixels, and kinda wish the ToO would allow 600 width. Because the width of a signature doesn't bother anything when your talking about scrolling. It's just filling space that would otherwise be empty.

So yeah, I think this new size will work out well.
snubs is not dumb as he really is very smart. — Bmuntz
ToO Chatroom | Odyssey Moments | The Town of Odyssey