Does the SS need a chat?

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.

Chat?

Yes!
70%
No.
9%
Don't really care either way. >_<
22%

Total votes: 69

ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

It's odd. For years (I'm exaggerating with that number), I always maintained that bringing back the SS chat would be a TERRIBLE IDEA and that we were MUCH BETTER OFF without it. But now, looking back at the 15 months I spent as an consistently active member of this board, some of my best memories are from the supposedly "ridiculous" and "unnecessary" chat room. It felt like more relaxed conversation there, and, unlike with a lot of topics, you would always get a reply from someone. So, with that in mind, I hereby change my vote and cast a ballot saying "yay" to the chat room. In regards to The ToO chat, it always seemed a little too big and unknown. I mean, I could get heavily involved over there and chat all day long, but I always felt that the people I knew (as much as you can "know" someone online) were right here, and would stay right here. For that reason, The ToO chat, at least for me, is almost irrelevant to the people who have been with the SS almost since its inception. Those are just my thoughts, and I wouldn't blame the mods if they decided not to bring the chat back.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

CreativeThinker101 wrote: In regards to The ToO chat, it always seemed a little too big and unknown. I mean, I could get heavily involved over there and chat all day long, but I always felt that the people I knew (as much as you can "know" someone online) were right here, and would stay right here. For that reason, The ToO chat, at least for me, is almost irrelevant to the people who have been with the SS almost since its inception.
Some of the main posting SS members are active on the ToO chat quite a lot though, so it isn't like it's all ToO members.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Arkán Dreamwalker
Pistachio

Belle wrote:
CreativeThinker101 wrote: In regards to The ToO chat, it always seemed a little too big and unknown. I mean, I could get heavily involved over there and chat all day long, but I always felt that the people I knew (as much as you can "know" someone online) were right here, and would stay right here. For that reason, The ToO chat, at least for me, is almost irrelevant to the people who have been with the SS almost since its inception.
Some of the main posting SS members are active on the ToO chat quite a lot though, so it isn't like it's all ToO members.
But we preferred the gorgeous little chat on the SS, the same way we prefer the gorgeous little SS to the "big" and intimidating ToO. And it does seem ridiculous to go to someone else forum to chat. And you would have to be a ToO member to do Soda Shop chatting.
~ Walker in Dreams
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Thank you for summing that up, Arkan. My thoughts exactly.
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

But the ToO chat allows non-members.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

John Henry wrote:But the ToO chat allows non-members.
Exactly. You don't have to be a member of the ToO to chat. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Why do Mr. Thinker and Mr. Dreamwalker complain? They are ToO members.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Just because I'm a member doesn't mean I want to get on all the time, or even at all. I became a member over two years ago to promote my blog, before I was aware of the SS's existence. So, it's not an issue of whether I can get on the ToO chat, it's just I don't really want to go between two boards, especially when I sort of dislike one of them. But since the admins obviously are adamant about the "no SS chat" law, I'll just stop fighting against it.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

It's great to see posts by you again, CT. I pretty much agree with your stance. How are you?

An SS chat would be very nice to have again, but the ToO chat isn't bad, either.

Edit: Agreed with Arkán, too.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Rosy
Cookie Dough

I must throw my vote in with TS, CT, and Arkán. I have missed being able to chat with people on here. I don't go on the ToO chat very often as I don't know many of the people on there. The SS chat was small and comfortable, and a great way to get to know people.
꿈. 희망. 전진.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

Yup and it was way more convenient. Any one who came on could see it.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
Metal15
Peanut Butter Cup

I'm also agree with all those chat-wanters.
I'm the leader of the KRE, the group dedicated to countering ERK the Emily-centered cult. Join either team, you'll have a blast.

My Youtube channel --> https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCa8Nt7 ... ILthNNlUww

Feminism is cray.

FREEDOM!!!

Music FB page: https://www.facebook.com/louismusicdefinitelyofficial/
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

OK. But, it's not working...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

John Henry wrote:OK. But, it's not working...
How isn't it working? Sometimes internet blockers will block the chat.
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

Mine blocks Mibbet, but not Kiwi. xD
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
John Henry
Peach Cobbler

Mine blocks everything except Mibbit.
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Um... I have one question. Is it possible to create an SS chat? I'm not asking if it's in the works, or if the admins want it, but would it be at all possible in the near future? We could just try it as an experiment and see if it yields the same negative effects it did the last go around.
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

ArnoldtheRubberDucky wrote:We could just try it as an experiment and see if it yields the same negative effects it did the last go around.
I second the motion. Not that that means anything. xD
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

I like the idea of a test trial for the chat. I third the motion.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Did Belle not see these posts, or is she just ignoring them?