Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

Do you have any specific questions?
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Mr. Whit's End wrote:Why are mass PMs about personal projects to all registered users allowed? It's at the same level as mass junk mailings for the sake of advertising.
It has now been turned off. If you want to send a pm to all users, ask an admin, and if it's something crucial, they'll let you.
therealpaulajarvis wrote:Can someone explain exactly how everything works here because I
don't know what I am doing and it's all confusing.
What do you mean? What doesn't make sense?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

therealpaulajarvis wrote:Can someone explain exactly how everything works here because I
don't know what I am doing and it's all confusing.
Hello, therealpaulajarvis. It's nice to meet you. I'll try giving you some basic information, and you're welcome to ask questions about anything else. The setup and layout of a message board can definitely take some getting used to, but it looks like you've already found some of the essentials.

Because the Soda Shop is Adventures in Odyssey focused, the majority of the forums, like the Front Counter, Character and Episode Discussion, and Future of Odyssey all focus on a specific aspect of the show.

General Discussion covers a wide range of topics, with several subforums. The Church covers all of the religious themed content, and the Gallery is for the art, music, and writing that members wish to share with each other. The Debate Hall is for the more serious topics that members wish to discuss.

Finally, the Bulletin Board is for the official questions and rules that relate to the board itself, such as this thread. The thread containing the rules can be found here: http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... p?f=16&t=5. This covers the essential rules of the board, and will give you a pretty good idea of what to expect with regards to posting. I would also suggest that you give an introduction for yourself here so that we can get to know you better: http://www.odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewt ... start=1000.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Why have the split Gallery forums been combined?
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

TigerShadow wrote:Why have the split Gallery forums been combined?
Because the individual forums looked kinda silly without much activity.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

But it was so much cleaner and less confusing that way..<_< If there's not activity in certain threads why not just archive the threads until requested otherwise, and keep the clean, organization of the sub forums?...
Wakko
Pistachio

Samantha14 wrote:But it was so much cleaner and less confusing that way..<_< If there's not activity in certain threads why not just archive the threads until requested otherwise, and keep the clean, organization of the sub forums?...
^ I agree with Sam, I liked the sub forums better.
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

I agree with sam.
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Samantha14 wrote:But it was so much cleaner and less confusing that way..<_< If there's not activity in certain threads why not just archive the threads until requested otherwise, and keep the clean, organization of the sub forums?...
With how little activity the subforum was getting, it made no sense to have it further divided into more subforums, which had at the max, 23 topics. This was not a rash decision, but something that has been debating between Bren and I since the creation of the subforums, and we felt they weren't getting enough traffic to warrant the further dividing.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

May we put all the gay topics in one? There's many of pretty much the same thing.
"I am not a demon. I am a lizard, a shark, a heat-seeking panther.
I want to be Bob Denver on acid playing the accordion."
-Nicolas Cage
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Why are we not allowed to make mods and admins foes? (not that I want to...) I get that we shouldn't miss any PMs from them in case we're doing something wrong that they want to aware us of, but other than that I don't get it really.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Novatom wrote:Why are we not allowed to make mods and admins foes? (not that I want to...) I get that we shouldn't miss any PMs from them in case we're doing something wrong that they want to aware us of, but other than that I don't get it really.
To be honest, I don't understand the point of friends or foes on here, but I would assume that what you said makes sense.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

Yeah, I'm not really sure what the friends function is for. I periodically update it, but the only thing it does is make it a little shorter to PM someone, at least from the control panel.

The foes option makes it such that you don't see the posts from the people on your foes list. It could come in handy if someone was incredibly annoying but wasn't actually breaking rules. :P
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Belle wrote:
Novatom wrote:Why are we not allowed to make mods and admins foes? (not that I want to...) I get that we shouldn't miss any PMs from them in case we're doing something wrong that they want to aware us of, but other than that I don't get it really.
To be honest, I don't understand the point of friends or foes on here, but I would assume that what you said makes sense.
*tries to foe Belle >=[*

*realizes he can't* >.>
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

The only person I've ever unfriended was my brother... it was weird to see how it shunned his posts and stuff completely. :twisted:

What comes after Lemon Meringue in ranking?
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:The only person I've ever unfriended was my brother... it was weird to see how it shunned his posts and stuff completely. :twisted:

What comes after Lemon Meringue in ranking?
Mwahaha, wouldn't you like to know. :P

There are actually 10 ranks set up up after Lemon Meringue. I'd like to get them a surprise though. The next one after Lemon Meringue is a caramel flavor, however.
Bethany Shepard
Moose Tracks

Will 3500 posts get you to the next level after Lemon Meringue?
-Nicolas Cage
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Bethany Shepard wrote:Will 3500 posts get you to the next level after Lemon Meringue?
3250 posts is the next bracket.
Aftershocker
Mocha Jamocha

Do you still have the rule about people can only ask for their username to be changed once?
^^ Props to Belle ^^
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Aftershocker wrote:Do you still have the rule about people can only ask for their username to be changed once?
No, but it does have to be approved by an admin, and we usually discuss it between the two of us.