Questions for Admins/Mods

Anything important goes on the bulletin board, including the rules and guidelines.
Limerick
Caramel Crunch

Interesting.... I have confirmed your avatar is definitely 140x140. It looks like from its link that you upload it from your machine. Do you have the same problem if you upload it off site (to tinypic.com for example) and link to it? Do you still have the original 140x140 to compare it to?

ETA: I just manually went over the code for the functions avatar_upload and avatar_process_user (the first actually processes the image upload, the second assigns the avatar to the user) and it does not appear any manipulation is done on the image, just a check to see if it has the right dimensions as well as some other bug checking, so, I don't see why it shouldn't match exactly what is uploaded, so very curious to see if you have the original image to compare to or if the offsite method seems to fix the problem as I don't see a reason for there to be one...
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

So why don't we have a "like" option for posts on the SS? :(
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

It could lead to topics being created and simply liked to death, instead of a meaningful discussion take place.
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Except the rules say posting with only "I like what s/he said" is illegal (EVEN THOUGH that's happened a lot in the Debate Hall).... so it would make sense to remove such illegal posting by having such a button. *shrugs*
xo eht haiasi-
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

That's a good point, perhaps we'll have to start enforcing that more strictly :P
Miss Friendship
Chocolate Bacon Drizzle

SirWhit wrote:That's a good point, perhaps we'll have to start enforcing that more strictly :P
That's possible? :P
~Lady Friendship Knight of the Order of Chrysostom in the Court of the Debate Vampires~
AKA Countess Concordia of the Chat, Regalia, and the Queen of Sarcasm

I am a personal quirk. --Adrian Dreamwalker
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

how do you put an image up on a page? I can't figure it out.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

PennyBassett wrote:how do you put an image up on a page? I can't figure it out.
First, upload it to a hosting site, like photobucket or imgur or tinypic. Then use the like with the [img] tags and post it where you'd like. :)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Ok, yep, still confused. How do I "post" it?
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Here's the format of one of my images from my art thread:

Code: Select all

[img]http://i1371.photobucket.com/albums/ag316/Raavaatu/Scan_zpsgtvyxovp.png[/img]
You paste the image url in between the tags and type whatever commentary you want outside of those tags. Then you post it.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Thank you! I think that should work!
Tarol
Peach Cobbler

Why isn't there a mobile board style?
xo eht haiasi-
SirWhit
Banana Fudge

We could do a mobile style, actually, I should probably look into that.
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

If you're not apart of a mafia game, are you allowed to brainstorm and make suggestions? I'm assuming the answer's no, but I'm just curious.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Novatom wrote:If you're not apart of a mafia game, are you allowed to brainstorm and make suggestions with those who are playing? I'm assuming the answer's no, but I'm just curious.
No, you are not allowed to participate, just like dead members are not allowed to either.
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
Hcube7
Vanilla

Hi Admins and Mods! I was just wondering how I can change my favorite ice cream flavor, since mine is not vanilla! I've been looking everywhere, but I can't find it. Thanks!
~Hanna :D
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

That's actually what's called a rank bar; you're ranked with the names of ice cream flavors according to how many posts you've made. "Vanilla" is for users who have between 1 and 20 posts, I think "Chocolate Chip" is for like 21-50 posts, there's "Strawberry" and "Peanut Butter Cup" and "Pistachio"...I've been stuck on "Cookie Dough" for like the past half a year or so. If you want the rank to change, you have to post a lot. Just be sure that you're posting to contribute to the discussion and not just to have more posts; we delete spam and one-word posts.
Hcube7
Vanilla

Thanks for the info!
~Hanna :D
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

How does one create an Avatar? I've tried but it keeps saying the picture I choose isn' the right size.
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Go into an image editing program like Microsoft Paint or Photoshop and check the image size in pixels, then resize it as you need to. (I don't remember how this is done in Paint, but Photoshop has it under the Image tab, and you can find a quick tutorial using a Google search if you can access a different program. These programs usually do the resizing as a percentage of the image's original size rather than the user inputting new dimensions, so be mindful of that.) If my knowledge is correct, the maximum dimensions are 110 x 110 pixels.