25 Years...And So Many Memories

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

25 Years...And So Many Memories

Adventures in Odyssey, with God's help, defied all the odds. Remember? A radio drama being started in 1987, the era of televison. Radio drama had not been the main form of entertainment for three decades, yet Focus on the Family tried it. Now look what's happened. 25 years, a quarter of a century later, it's still running, and stronger than ever might I add. It's touched so many hearts and lives, and made so many great memories. I would like this to be a topic where we can share our favorite AIO memories.

I'll go first. When we first came in contact with AIO, I didn't know it was AIO. A teacher in my fifth grade class played The Case of the Secret Room, Parts 1 & 2. I loved it, but I didn't know what it was. About a year later, my grandmother got us Albums #1-4. I remember thinking, "Why'd she get us these? We won't use them." We fell in love right from the start. Now we have Albums #1-52 plus the Lost Episodes and The Truth Chronicles, and anticipating more.
One more memory: We were listening to Darkness Before Dawn, and we got to one of the climax episodes. My sister, six then, got so intense she screamed out, "I DON'T LIKE DOCTOR BLACKGAARD!!!!" It was hilarious.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
Jumpman256
Strawberry

My first AIO episode was "The Star--Part 1." Yeah. So, I had NO idea what the Imagination Station was, what the town was like, none of that. But I was hooked from the moment I heard Connie and Eugene screaming like crazy as the Station took off. (I thought it was a real time machine before I knew better--and I love time travel more than anything.) Then I started hearing more episodes, and fell in love with the whole operation.
Wretched Sinner
Lemon Meringue

I've been listening to AIO ever since I was 4. Thats 7 years. My AIO memory would be listening to AIO in the car with my dad while we drove places.
SparkyHappyGiraffe
Fudge Marble

I've been listening probably ever since I was born; our family has the first 4 albums (which are all my dad's; I recently found out) Though I started listening reguarly when my family moved into a VERY large house for a couple months and I practically had my own room (which I never had before) so I was sorta lonesome... so I decided to get out the old Odyssey tapes, and my mom got me some CDs from the library! And 1 and 1/2 years later (And having to share a room again) I continue to listen daily! :mrgreen:
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Some days after my grandmother died suddenly, I and my sibs listened to It is Well The episode drew to a close. No one was doing much, as the song played at the end. Everyone just stopped and stood or sat around. When it ended, a peaceful silence blanketed the house. PS, normally, or parents do NOT like listening to Odyssey that much. They're sick of it because we kids sometimes listen to as many as five or six shows in a single day! :)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

The first album we got was #39. We mostly were listening to it on the radio. Finally, my mom, after hearing it so much, got us a few more albums, and we've been avid listeners every since!
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

The first album that I actually owned (we got albums from the library for, like a year) was Album 48, because it was the newest album at the Christian book store back then. I enjoyed all the episodes, especially Prequels of Love and The Other Side of the Glass. (I don't like the latter episode much now, however.)
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

The first episode I ever listened to was Bernard and Job. As I said before I started listening about two and a half years ago.
Nothing.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Aww, thanks, Meltsner Girl! As for your Nova Com experience, I'd say most of us can relate to THAT experience! Huh, guys? ;)
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury