Which Odyssey Era Is Your Favorite?

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!

What Odyssey Era Is Your Favorite?

Classic Era (1987-1998) (Albums 1-28 and Lost Episodes)
28%
Herlinger Era (1999-2008) (Albums 29-50)
69%
Stojkan Era (2010-Present) (Albums 51-56 & Present)
3%

Total votes: 32

Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

That's an interesting speculation... you think they WANTED Mitch's performance to be lame!? Hmmm... in that case, I congratulate Steve Burns on his performance, then. He did just amazingly! ha ha, that was mean. I normally just love Steve Burns. Well, I guess it's possible they planned things that way... I doubt it though, doesn't seem like something they'd do...
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Ah, yes. Good old Rodney. Jay has kinda filled that space in, for me, but I still miss him when someone makes me remember how great he was. I hate to say it, but, although I had my AIO Loyalist deep, suspicious doubts of Jay when he was new, I now like him better than Rodney! Of course, I don't know that he was intended as a replacement. I heard some kind of interview where an AIO person said they never do that. But writers have a pattern. They'll repeat themselves a bit, even if they don't mean to. It's their style showing through.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Odysseygirl101
Cookies & Creme
Location: Somewhere between Oz, Marus, Burke, Atlantis, Narnia, Tatooine, Chewandswallow, Avonlea, and Odyssey

I miss Paul Herlinger. I mean, Andre Atojka is nice, but he doesn't really sound like the same guy who fought in WWII, you know, not as strong, and much more nasal. And those little noises he makes...? You know what I mean? I positively love the HE much better than the others. My family calls it "The Golden Age of Odyssey."
Oz the Great and Powerful is Great and Powerful!!!!
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

I liked the HE better, too, but I accidentely voted for the CE
Nothing.
EugeneforPresident
Raspberry Ripple

I miss Paul Herlinger too- he seems so much more john avery whittakerish to me.
Eugene would be the best President, don't you think?
I'm a member of the:
Modest Cheerleaders Club!
Superheros Club!
Totally Tubular Commenting Club!
Doll Lovers Club!
Soda Shop Sisters Club!
Emily? Well, I'm in the middle somewhere.
ImageImage
Whittifer
Raspberry Ripple

Whittakerish? What does that mean?
Nothing.
Waldo
Raspberry Ripple

I personally like the Paul Herlinger Era the best. As Garrett stated previously, it may just be nostalgia. The new episodes are fine, just not the same odyssey. I like the actual sound of the Herlinger Era, the mics weren't crystal clear, the actors had more... something.. to their voices, the music was richer and not so light. It could just be that I am more used to the Herlinger Era but it's definitely the best in my opinion. Each era has it's pros and cons, each Whit did/does a great job.. but I personally think Herlinger is the best.

I think that each person, generally speaking, likes the era they grew up with best. Like kids that are just starting Odyssey now are going to like the Stojkan era because that is the era they listened to while they grew up. If that makes sense? Odyssey is good in the moment, but memories are also part of what makes Odyssey great. I think nostalgia is an important part of Odyssey so it would make sense that it is one of the determining factors for a favorite era.
Odyssey Fan Wiley
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Beautiful thoughts, Waldo. And your stance is highly reasonable and open-mindedly put.
Personally though, when I was little and first starting Odyssey, I listened tothe early-early shows (The Shepard and the Giant, Whit's Flop, and company.) But while I like all those, few of them are my favorites. (There are exceptions, like Connie.) So I'd be an exception to your thesis.
Shadow
Peach Cobbler

The Herlinger Era is the best.
I'm Monty Whittaker's greatest fan. member of the K.R.E
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: