FOTF Headquarters & Whit's End

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Connie_Kendall
Peanut Butter Cup

It's awesome! ( Have I said that?)
Samantha14
Mint Chocolate Chip

Connie_Kendall wrote:It's awesome! ( Have I said that?)
Yes, yes you have. ;)
I would love to go sometime! Maybe someday soon. *Sighs* ;)
Mara
Pistachio

My friends birthday party was there on Saturday!
Stella C.
Peach Cobbler

So jealous, Mara!!! O.o :D
Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring. -Proverbs 27:1
Sam: Up on our mountain, where the muffins stink, the boys aren't, and we play music all day long.. xD
Stella: Sounds AWESOME!
Samuel
Vanilla

What do you think about the Whit's End attractions?
Samuel is cool! :)
Nelson S.
Mint Chocolate Chip

Which Whit's End are you talking about? Are you talking about the Whit's End in Colorado? Or the website?

If you're talking about the website:
Meh, I personally don't like it that much. I comment on the podcast page over there occasionally. They don't post enough over there. Which I understand, because nothing is really happening in the world of AIO.

And the features they have aren't that informative. Just basic stuff. Observe. http://www.whitsend.org/en/ActorShow.aspx
If I want in depth information about Adventures in Odyssey, I go to AIOWiki.

If you're talking about the Whit's End in Colorado:
I only went once in 2008. So it's been a while since I've been there. But what I remember of it, it was pretty awesome. I got a Wod-Fam-Choc-Sod while I was there! :D
Samuel
Vanilla

The Whit's End In Co. I was there yesterday. Very cool place. While there we recorded an odyssey episode.
Whitfan
Strawberry

I only go to the website for the current episode of the show. Other than that, I don't do anything over there. I would love to go to Colorado and go to the real Whit's End. Would be cool
"Don't give up on your faith. Love comes to those who believe it. And that's the way it is."
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Rosy and I went down to CO Springs today, and visited Whit's End (to see more pictures, see my gallery thread)

Anywho, we got a shot in front of the Whit's End sign, and I was wondering who else had a shot in front of there? (I know Bren does.:P)

~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

wow, I imagined it to be more like the paintings of the outside, (the big sign in front) kinda looks a lot different from how I imagined it whit's end would look like (I have seen pics of the inside).
I would really like to visit there some time, maybe when I'm old and have kids, and a good reason to fly to Col.
Very nice, which one is you in the photo? I assume the older one.

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
I like sandwiches, I eat them all the time!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

NateVONgreat wrote:wow, I imagined it to be more like the paintings of the outside, (the big sign in front) kinda looks a lot different from how I imagined it whit's end would look like (I have seen pics of the inside).
I would really like to visit there some time, maybe when I'm old and have kids, and a good reason to fly to Col.
Very nice, which one is you in the photo? I assume the older one.
Yeah, this is actually the sign inside the building, in the 'play area' downstairs. This is the entrance to the Soda Fountain, which was very sadly closed. =[

Yup, I'm the older one, in PURPLE. xD
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

that must have been very disappointing :(
well, I am sure you got ice cream sodas somewhere else, sometime else in life.
If that is you, I assume your avatar isn't you. :D

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!
Mara
Pistachio

I have had a picture there quite a few times! Bummer that the shop was closed. I had a Wod Fam Choc Sod there last time, which I think was in May.
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Closed!? Seriously? That's like being allowed wander around Disney Land, but not go on any rides. But no, I don't have a shot there. Like most fans, dream of going but haven't.
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

NateVONgreat wrote:I would really like to visit there some time, maybe when I'm old and have kids, and a good reason to fly to Col.

And going to Whit's End in Colorado is not good enough reason? :P I must admit, I haven't gone there, either. It's been considered, but alas, nothing came to fruition.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
godisawesomeness99
Raspberry Ripple

I don't but may I just say: that's a cool pic GG
here from time to time....

Psalm 73:24
OdysseyFan
Chocolate Chip

I Go to Whit's End about 9 times a year...I have been probably 100 times I never get tired of it.
OdysseyFan
Chocolate Chip

An Old Picture:

http://www.aiohq.com/whitsend/pict7.htm

New Picture:

dolphinlovr4ever
Caramel Crunch

trying to convince dad to drive thru Colarado Spings if we drive to see family this coming summer
NateVONgreat
Cookies & Creme

trying to convince dad to fly thru Colarado Spings if we fly to see family this coming summer
;)
JK, we are not going this coming summer, probably, we go every 3 years because flights from Israel to Washington state and then to Indiana (where the family is) is a honkin' lotta money. so my grandma and aunts are coming to visit us instead.
so it will only be the next year, 2015, but I will already be in the IDF by then, hopefully training to be a pilot, so no more america on family trips for me :(

Sandwiches are wonderful
Sandwiches are fine!