FOTF Headquarters & Whit's End

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
MnM
Raspberry Ripple

Awesome Mara! I'm glad you had fun! Scavenger hunts? Awesome! That sounds super fun, especially there!
Baron von Odyssey
Cookies & Creme

I've always wanted to go there! :D (By the way, quick question for anyone who's been there: is the person in the Whit costume there, because Whits End just wouldn't seem complete without at least someone acting as Whit)
"Greetings. Name's Baron Von Odyssey. My card."
(Card: [Baron von Odyssey - writer, book lover, fairytale enthusiast, and AIO fan])
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
My posts are awesome! You wanna know why?
BECAUSE I'M BATMAN!!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Baron von Odyssey wrote:I've always wanted to go there! :D (By the way, quick question for anyone who's been there: is the person in the Whit costume there, because Whits End just wouldn't seem complete without at least someone acting as Whit)
I've actually never seen someone in a Whit costume while I've been there (and I've been many times.)
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Our assistant pastor and his family took a two-week vacation to Colorado to see his old college buddy, and guess what one of their stops was?!

He called me this afternoon to tell me that he was in Whit's End. He asked me what he should order, and I told him to get a WOD-FAM-CHOC-SOD. He paused on the phone and said, ".....What?" Of course I explained to him. Several hours later, he texted me a picture and told me that he ordered a WOD-FAM-CHOC-SOD and a Raspberry Ripple.

If anybody can tell me how to insert an image here, I can post the picture he sent me.

This song reached the Number Eight spot on the Billboard Top 100 for its year. Must have got a lot of airtime on the Raydio. (1978)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

If you want to post an image, you upload it to an image hosting site (like Photobucket or imgur), then insert the url of that image into the tags.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

This shows how ridiculously ignorant I am, and I apologize for it profusely, but how would one go about uploading an image to an image hosting site? :oops:

A song that references three other folk songs by name within its lyrics: "Fire on the Mountain," "Granny Does Your Dog Bite?" and "The House of the Rising Sun." (1979)
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
TigerShadow
Mocha Jamocha

Nah, not a problem. :)

Depends on what site you use; I use Photobucket. You make an account, and on your homepage there should be a button that says "upload". When you click on that, you have the option to upload a photo from your computer files, from Facebook, or by a URL if it's already online. Once it's done uploading, click on the image, and you should be taken to a page where you have the image and several editing options. On the right is a heading reading "Share this photo", and underneath it there will be four URL options—E-mail & IM, Direct, HTML, and IMG. To upload it here, I use the Direct URL; if you're using a desktop, all you have to do is click the bar with the url in it and it's copied (rather than clicking and dragging to highlight and then right-clicking to copy.)

Does that help? I know that's pretty specific to Photobucket and other hosting sites might be different.
it's not about 'deserve'. it's about what you believe. and i believe in love