The Kidsboro Books

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

C-guy wrote:I love Kidsboro! I don't see why they don't do more of it! It's so creative and awesome. Someone needs to e-mail Paul and ask him to do it again!
Um... Paul didn't do it. It was Marshal Younger.
Sir Arnold, Knight of the Order of Augustine, Debate Vampire
Mr. Yorp wrote:You don't need a degree to shovel manure.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

i loved kidsboro i havnt read the books but i loved the episodes of it
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

You should read the books. They're awesome!
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

The Old Judge wrote:You should read the books. They're awesome!
I want to read them!
"Your words were found, and I ate them, and your words became to me a joy and the delight of my heart, for I am called by your name, O Lord, God of hosts." - Jeremiah 15:16
HannahJ.
Mocha Jamocha

I will when I get my kindle!
Why do nothing when you can Dance?
C-guy
Fudge Marble
Location: ►On the Lost island running from Rapid Rabbits Rashly Rushing Rapidly at me‼◄

THEY NEED TO MAKE MORE KIDSBORO EPISODES!!! AT LEAST A WHOLE ALBUM'S WORTH‼
862 comments and counting...
ImageLeader of the Quadruple T and Double C Club.

Check out 1 of the S.S.'s most popular topics: Ruin a Wish

Emily's Okay...
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

That would be nice. I have a problem with Valerie, though. Other than that, it's a great town.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

T.S. (myself) wrote:That would be nice. I have a problem with Valerie, though. Other than that, it's a great town.
Yeah, Valerie is kind of annoying. Have you read the books? She's not as bad in the books.
Tea Ess
Pineapple Whip

She's still pointless in the books. See the the topic 'Valerie, need I say more' in the character forum. Anyway, back to Kidsboro. I liked the economics references, but they were too obvious.
"Happy Birthday to Hot Leaf Water Ess!" - Belle
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Kidsboro WAS very fascinating. If they do another one, it would be advantageous if they used characters they already have, rather than inventing a whole new cast like they did last time. (Not that i really know why they invented new characters last time in the first place, though it worked.) Imagine Jay, Emily, Matthew, Olivia, Priscilla, etc, all in Kidsboro over the summer! There are so many things that could happen! My imagination is going wild! What if Jay was in charge of the fire department? What if Emily insisted she be mayor, and Matthew wanted to also? What if Kidsboro fell into the hole of communism? What if Camilla accidentally started a miniature war? What if...?
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

Well, the reason they did that was because Jill, Ryan, Alice, Valerie, Nelson, etc., we're in the books. It would be awkward for fans of Kidsboro to wait for these episodes only to have a different cast than the kids they've come to know and love.

Also, it worked to their benefit that they had those characters. When Album 51 rolled around, people were still adjusting to characters like the Parkers or the Joneses, but they had people like Ryan and Nelson, and later Valerie, that they remembered from The Truth Chronicles and Kidsboro.
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)
ArnoldtheRubberDucky
Butter Pecan

Pound Foolish wrote:Kidsboro WAS very fascinating. If they do another one, it would be advantageous if they used characters they already have, rather than inventing a whole new cast like they did last time. (Not that i really know why they invented new characters last time in the first place, though it worked.) Imagine Jay, Emily, Matthew, Olivia, Priscilla, etc, all in Kidsboro over the summer! There are so many things that could happen! My imagination is going wild! What if Jay was in charge of the fire department? What if Emily insisted she be mayor, and Matthew wanted to also? What if Kidsboro fell into the hole of communism? What if Camilla accidentally started a miniature war? What if...?
Hmm... interesting what ifs. Wouldn't Matthew want to be a business owner like Nelson? I'll bet Barret would want to be a movie actor. Welcome to the Soda Shop, by the way Pound Foolish! I look forward to seeing you around.
gabbygirl17
Mint Chocolate Chip

Yeah welcome!
Pound Foolish
Coffee Biscotti

Thank you for the welcome. I see now, Old Judge. I didn't know the books came before the audios. And, yes, it was good to have Nelson and Ryan pop up in the regular AIO episodes in the "new Odyssey. But don't let TS see you said it was good to have Valerie pop up, you could start a war (as you've seen.) ;)"
“I absolutely demand of you and everyone I know that they be widely read in every [censored] field there is: in every religion and every art form and don’t tell me you haven’t got time! There’s plenty of time.”~ Ray Bradbury
Novatom
Raspberry Ripple

Arnold read me them on his kindle and then it broke so now I can't read them again.
17:39<Novatom>: I'm in another boat. A boat of people who don't know what everyone's talking about. A boat that is sinking.
17:40<Sameriazx>: oh no... here we go again...
Azeelo
Vanilla

I have yet to read the Kidsboro books, but I would very much like to. I guess I will whenever I get around to buying them. :P