Geographic location of Odyssey

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
SoCal-n-Olympia
Vanilla

Geographic location of Odyssey

I was thinking about the geographic location of Odyssey. I know it's supposed to be a generic small city that could be many places in America, but I think there are some clues we can pick up.

I get the feeling like it must be in the southern Illinois, Indiana, or Ohio area; just north of the Ohio river.
The town is obviously Midwestern, but it has some slight elements of Southern culture and being just within range of the Bible Belt.

The background scenery seems fairly lush green and foresty, full of deciduous trees, so it probably can't be much further West than Illinois.

In the first animated movie, "The Knights Travellers", there is a Southern plantation style mansion, so that implies this is in the South, or near the South, perhaps somewhere near the northernmost stretches of the Mississippi River.
(The cultural "South" actually extends over a much larger region than most Americans realize, it goes all the way into the southern third of Illinois, as far as the south of Ohio along the Ohio River, even West Virginia is sort of culturally part of the South in some ways)

I get the feeling that Odyssey sort of straddles the extreme farthest most north boundary of "The South" and the Midwest.

If I had to specifically guess, I would guess Odyssey would be located somewhere in the Middle of southern Indiana. Maybe southwest Ohio.
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Good guess. In an early episode, before it begins, one of the writers came on and actually said Odyssey was in Ohio. As to where it is in the state, I agree it would probably have to be southwest Ohio because of their easy flights to and from Chicago and mentions of the state line.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
AioFan7
Strawberry

I often think about this. That's interesting. Odyssey in Ohio. That's very helpful. IDK why, but I've just always wondered where Odyssey is located exactly. Good job on noticing that, SoCal-n-Olympia!
13:16 Numbers of Hope
The Way of the Cross leads home!
Below are websites that I own:
https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com

https://platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com/
I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479
The Old Judge
Mint Chocolate Chip

My best guess would be Southwest Ohio. This area, part of the wider Butternut Region of Civil War fame, is directly adjacent to the slaveholding state of Kentucky. If the edifice in The Knight's Travellers was truly a plantation house, the protagonists would have quick and easy access to numerous sites throughout Kentucky that would only be a few hours away.

(If they haven't been deleted, you all should visit the discussions that the original Soda Shoppers had on this topic back in 2013 or 2014. Those discussions could get very pedantic and passionate. :lol: )
Do you think you know music? Guess the hints at the end of each of my posts in A Musical Journey. (The name's a link. You can click it.)