The Shofar in the Sink

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

The Shofar in the Sink

I went into work this morning, and someone had found a ram's horn (a shofar) rubber banded to the kitchen sink faucet... (I work at a candy and nut production place)

Turns out it belongs to our IT guy (which doesn't explain much), but he just now tried it out, and we could hear it down the hall. My first thought after hearing it was, "Am I in an AIO Biblical episode?"

After discussing this with Tea Ess, he remarked that it sounded exactly like something that could happen in Whit's End. So, I added dialogue:

"EUGENE, WHY IS THERE AN ANIMAL HORN IN MY KITCHEN SINK?"

"It is not simply an animal horn, Miss Kendall, it is a ram's horn, or Shofar, as it is better known. The Shofar is a sacred Jewish instrument used in many Jewish religious services such as Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur, in addition to...."

So there you have it. I'm thinking now that I should either - see how many other similarities my job has to Whit's End things I can come up with, or apply for that writing job at Focus. What do y'all think?
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

That's amazing. To add to that, I work at a fro yo place and I get that feeling tooo much. We've got some regular customers so I just basically always feel like Connie...
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Jo March
Raspberry Ripple

I have seen so many shofars and blown so many throughout my lifetime that I can say with a lot of certainty that there would definitely be a spike in listening if AIO put a shofar in a episode. And I definitely think you should apply to Focus. They had a job opening a while ago for a job like that...
Jo March
"There is no such thing as impossible. The word itself says I'm possible."-Audrey Hepburn
“You are never too old to set another goal or to dream a new dream.” –C.S. Lewis
“No one ever made a difference by being like everyone else.” P.T. Barnum
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

I plan on it eventually. I so wish I were old enough now, but I'm gonna meet Nathan Hoobler next month to talk about college stuff, interning, etc. The other thing with working at a Whit's End-like place is how quickly I realized the complete impossibility of only three people working there all the time. Menchies is smaller than a McDonald's and we need three people there all the time. Plus whoever's at the counter at Whit's End has to male everything for everyone. We just refill Graham cracker dust and ring people up. But I digress. If I write for AIO one day, I will most certainly add a shofar.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
Doll
Rainbow Sherbet

Jo March wrote:And I definitely think you should apply to Focus. They had a job opening a while ago for a job like that...
They had an opening, but it's closed now, so I assume they filled it. I did look at it again last night just to perhaps apply on a whim..
~Queen Belle of Altanovia, Knight of Montreal & Order of Aristotle, Benevolent Dictator, Catspaw of the SS, & Dan's couch troll~
~"I’ve always found you to be a good person to disagree with." - Eleventh Doctor~