I've stopped listening to AIO...

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I've stopped listening to AIO...

Does anyone else have this problem? I hope some of you do. This problem of having listened to all the old episodes and being fed up with the new ones?
Perhaps this change has come about because I am getting older...?
Because *gasps* I've stopped listening. And some of you have probably noticed my less-activeness on the forum.

Call me a traitor, if you wish. :mrgreen:
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Yeah. I can relate. I think I'm mainly sticking around in hopes it'll get better. Odyssey has had slumps before, so I'm hoping that this is just one of them. With Paul leaving and Sam coming in, I think the writers probably just don't quite know how to work together as well as they used to. That takes time, and hopefully, they can bump it up to the same quality it was.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
shnoodlec.
Fudge Marble

I stopped listening around Album 58, partly for reasons related to the show but also because I was getting older and felt less connected to it somehow. A few years later (aka now) I came back to the show, but mainly for nostalgic reasons. Anyways, tastes change. Someone can't be expected to like the same show for years and years and years (though it's fine if they do!)
High wellborn Lady shnoodlec Knight of the Order of Augustine, formally known as Queen of the Monkeys. Q&A thread HERE. "SHNOOD IS THE OLDBIE NEWBIE AND SHE IS THE ONLY ONE WHO GETS THAT TITLE" - Belle
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

It fells like they don't really have a plot so now I just listen to older ones. I mean penny goes missing and... Nothing else happens. I like the previews for the next album i hope it's better.
Last edited by Katie10 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I think the latest thing that has me really annoyed is that they aren't actually doing anything with the Morrey Rydell saga. I mean- Luke will say they are, but I digress.
Still hanging around. When 65 comes out I want to hear Divided We Fall. It had better be good.
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

They said something about mister. skint and that's about only what I am excited about. I actually like the fan far story's more then the new stuff now!
(Plus it's really good)
Last edited by Katie10 on Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

Kungfunaomi wrote:I think the latest thing that has me really annoyed is that they aren't actually doing anything with the Morrey Rydell saga. I mean- Luke will say they are, but I digress.
Still hanging around. When 65 comes out I want to hear Divided We Fall. It had better be good.
*Slowly pulls out hug folder

Want to debate?
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:
Kungfunaomi wrote:I think the latest thing that has me really annoyed is that they aren't actually doing anything with the Morrey Rydell saga. I mean- Luke will say they are, but I digress.

Want to debate?
Well I haven't even heard any of this so called saga, soooo what could they be doing with it?
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

TheDoctor wrote:

Want to debate?
LUKE NO! :D I SAID I DIGRESS!
We've been over this a few dozen times I think. :mrgreen:
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

Kungfunaomi wrote:
TheDoctor wrote:

Want to debate?
LUKE NO! :D I SAID I DIGRESS!
We've been over this a few dozen times I think. :mrgreen:
One question what's a hug folder?
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

LOL
“We all change. When you think about it, we’re all different people, all through our lives. And that’s okay, that’s good, you gotta keep moving, so long as you remember all the people that you used to be. I will not forget one line of this, not one day. I swear. I will always remember when the Doctor was me.” - Matt Smith
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

TheDoctor wrote:LOL
Umm no really what is it?
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Kungfunaomi wrote:Does anyone else have this problem? I hope some of you do. This problem of having listened to all the old episodes and being fed up with the new ones?
Because *gasps* I've stopped listening. And some of you have probably noticed my less-activeness on the forum.

Yup. My main problem is the current characters. They always used to get new characters after about 10 albums or so and I remember I always hated that, but now I see the beauty in it. The only characters I care about are the originals. The drive of the episodes is also a bit boring sometimes. But I know at this point they've been doing this for decades so they are probably running out of ideas.
*Finger guns aggressively*
Mr. Clever
Cookies & Creme

My apologies. *Huge
Katie10
Raspberry Ripple

MonkeyDude wrote:
Kungfunaomi wrote:Does anyone else have this problem? I hope some of you do. This problem of having listened to all the old episodes and being fed up with the new ones?

Yup. My main problem is the current characters. They always used to get new characters after about 10 albums or so and I remember I always hated that, but now I see the beauty in it. The only characters I care about are the originals. The drive of the episodes is also a bit boring sometimes. But I know at this point they've been doing this for decades so they are probably running out of ideas.
It they just like to make us bored. I hope they have something big planned soon.
Kungfunaomi
Cookies & Creme

I'm still around, though. I'm listening to these episodes for the sake of writing how it should have ended segments. I posted three more but it won't update the time stamp.
Blitz
Moose Tracks

I stopped listening to AIO a very long time ago. Simply put, I just grew out of it and found other interests. I still enjoy occasionally go back, but I practically have most AIO episodes memorized at least the old ones, so I don't have anything 'new' I like to go back to.
Debate Vampire

Everyone (Blitz doesn't count) fears ninjas, except for one: I, Ninjahunter

Can you change me from the monster you made me? Monster: Starset
AioFan7
Strawberry

I have the perfect soultion! Right here! http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479

-- Thu Nov 15, 2018 12:25 pm --

I have to also agree that their latest shows aren't as good as others. I have seen better.
13:16 Numbers of Hope
The Way of the Cross leads home!
Below are websites that I own:
https://theadventuresofsupermikegame.weebly.com

https://platformbuilderfansite.weebly.com/
I love the Christian audio drama Kids Corner! Check it out here: http://odysseyscoop.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=3479