It is currently Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: My 30th Birthday Tribute
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2017 5:55 pm 
Cookie Dough
Cookie Dough|Cookie Dough|Cookie Dough

Today is a very special day. This is the 30th birthday for Adventures in Odyssey.

By the time I first heard AIO for the first time, it had been around for several years. In fact, my first memory of hearing AIO was during nap time at my christian school. The episode was The Jesus Cloth and I have been hooked ever since.

While the target audience has always been 8-12 year olds, the team at Focus on the Family has been good at teaching lessons that apply even to teens and adults. Lessons like how to put your trust in God even if your home life is spiraling out of control due to the effects of divorce. They've also tackled issues like what the family is in God's eyes. For me personally, I've come to realize that you need to appreciate family while you have them and also that you can't please everyone when it comes to tough choices. With well over 800 episodes produced, there are many other lessons to be learned.

AIO has also provided me several fun experiences in the last 9 years. In the spring of 2008 I found the online fan community and developed more friendships than I could ever name. I had the privilege of running a message board of my own for a few years as well. I also have had interactions with a few of the people behind the scenes of the show as a result of my podcast. I've had the honor of interviewing Paul McCusker, Nathan Hoobler, and Brock Eastman. As a result of some of these friendships, my name has even been mentioned on AIO. I also was able to play a small role in getting Phil Lollar reconnected to the show.

It has been one wild ride and I look forward to 30 more years of AIO. Happy Birthday Adventures in Odyssey. The best really is yet to come.

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: My 30th Birthday Tribute
PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:37 pm 
Raspberry Ripple

Awww, how neat, Bren. This is very sweet and touching. I definitely think AIO has had a positive impact on my life as a child and now a teenager. FotF is a wonderful company and I sincerely hope that they continue to be around for a long while.

2 Timothy 1:6-7, "For this reason I remind you to fan into flame the gift of God, which is in you through the laying on of my hands, for God has not given us a spirit of fear but or power and love and sound mind."

Offline Profile  

Post subject: Re: My 30th Birthday Tribute
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:10 am 
Cookies & Creme

That is such a cool story! What part did you play?

Offline Profile