Kidsboro book series

The Front Counter is the main place for general Adventures in Odyssey discussions. Grab a Loc-Kno-Stra-Mal, and talk it up!
MonkeyDude
Cookies & Creme

Kidsboro book series

I'm unsure if this is already a topic. If it is I will take it down.
I, personally, really enjoyed the Kidsboro books. I read all 4 of them in one day! Though there was a couple things that didn't line up (In the audio episode Ryan says he isn't Afraid of Valerie, and in this one he is. Plus the whole Scott thing.) Ryan is probably one of my favorites. The whole thing with his Dad was interesting and I'm glad AIO Covered that, because some people really are in those situations. I really had a good time reading them! What did you'll think?
*Finger guns aggressively*
PennyBassett
Fudge Marble

Oh yes! I read these books this summer and really enjoyed them as well. I really like stories about difficult family situations, I find them really interesting for whatever reason. The books add so much to Ryan's character, and it's interesting to go back and listen to episodes he's in after knowing everything about his past.
"Let me get this straight. I bet all those non-friends of yours try to embarrass you about your love for that stuff, right? So, you almost feel like you have to hide your treasures away and can only take them out in secret on rainy days when your mom goes to the store to get more liver and nobody is around to berate your sensitive spirit. Is that what you’re saying?" -Jay Smouse
GJFH
Peanut Butter Cup

Unfortunately, I've only gotten to read the first release Battle for Control, and while I enjoyed it, I was unsure if Valerie was actually such a scary character that all the kids would fear her. I mean, she's obviously a controlling brat, and likes power, yet as mentioned by MonkeyDude, Ryan basically ignored her behaviour issues in the audio series. Then again, we're not seeing the whole picture. Marshall Younger is skilled at writing suspenseful scenes, yet he doesn't always go into the specifics of a character.
It was also neat to see the kids work through what is needed for a democracy, creating laws and deciding out how they could be upheld. Overall it was a good read.
I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us - Romans 8:18

It’s not enough to be against something. You have to be for something better. – Tony Stark